Game Day Eagles v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Here's something people forget... Richmond vs Brisbane is basically last match of the season (forget the losers playing after that). Let's say Geelong steady themselves and win their next 3 games, we drop our Richmond game.... Richmond go into that match knowing if they win, they travel to Perth or lose and stay home and play Geelong at the MCG. They also know Brisbane win and by how much, it can hand them a Brisbane final vs us.

I reckon it will play out exactly like that. Makes the Richmond game a must win.

It could easily come down to percentage between WC, Brisbane and Richmond.

If Brisbane continue this reaming of the Dogs today and the form line holds for Gold Coast next week even a 100 thumping today would have made zero difference. I don't see us beating Adelaide, Richmond and/or Hawthorn by enough to overcome what is expected from Brissie.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Here's something people forget... Richmond vs Brisbane is basically last match of the season (forget the losers playing after that). Let's say Geelong steady themselves and win their next 3 games, we drop our Richmond game.... Richmond go into that match knowing if they win, they travel to Perth or lose and stay home and play Geelong at the MCG. They also know Brisbane win and by how much, it can hand them a Brisbane final vs us.

I reckon it will play out exactly like that. Makes the Richmond game a must win.

Although one saving grace would be GWS winning their last 3 to force Richmond to have to win to stay top 4. But GWS have been flakey.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast

Cars could give the lions a touch up and ruin that before it starts.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If Brisbane continue this reaming of the Dogs today and the form line holds for Gold Coast next week even a 100 thumping today would have made zero difference. I don't see us beating Adelaide, Richmond and/or Hawthorn by enough to overcome what is expected from Brissie.
Who else do Brisbane play?

fu** it, I'll take 24 point wins for every game remaining this year, please.

Would result in finishing either 1st or 2nd on the ladder. Destiny in our hands.

Who else do Brisbane play?

Geelong and Richmond funnily enough. If they can beat both of them they deserve the top two spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

Brissy only 24 points up ..

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
All the more reason to go on with it when we lead Carlton by 40 halfway through the last term.

The difference between winning by 60 and winning by 24 may be the difference between 2nd and 3rd or even 2nd and 4th.

Anyway, moving on.
Yeah that’s true. Carlton have been handy lately though so I wasn’t expecting a 10 goal win or to pile on goals in the last. Can’t say I’m not annoyed about the last 5 minutes though.. would’ve been fairly happy with a ~6 goal win. But yeah the difference between 36 and 24 shouldn’t matter in the end. To make a serious impact it needed to be a huge win, 60 points like you say, and I don’t think we were ever going to be around that mark.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
But we should be thumping teams by 100 every week wah wah wah I'm so entitled!
From 40 points up halfway through the last against a side sitting 16th, we should go on with it, instead of letting them kick the last three goals. Which part of that upsets you?

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
And what happens if we lose to Richmond at the MCG?

Then percentage could very well be the difference between 2nd and 4th.
From 40 points up halfway through the last against a side sitting 16th, we should go on with it, instead of letting them kick the last three goals. Which part of that upsets you?
Christ.

I thought you were moving on.

Brer Bear

All Australian
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not the one getting upset over a win mate lol
Notice that this pretty much happened in our past game with them. Add to the fact that week in week out every team is throwing everything at us. Done pretty ******* well to be where we are.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The comp is as tight as it's ever been.

Sure Carlton are 16th, but they also won 4 of their last 5 before today's game and lost 2 by under a kick.

The only easy game is probably GC.

Sure I'm disappointed they got a few late ones, but let's put things in perspective.

We're equal top and destiny is in our own hands.

A good win by the boys away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back