Game Day Eagles v Dogs @ Optus Stadium 3:20 AEST - Rd 15 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not forget we’re second. We’re second - 10 wins and 3 losses. Anyone would think we were St Kilda or Carlton.

I don’t give a toss if WCE are ‘full strength‘ or a full crowd of numpties over there.

Bring. It. On.

Yeah feck em. I'm almost hopeful they leave the blatantly biased border rules (us and freo). We'll be even more fired up with the power of righteous justice behind us too!

Hope you are right it would be a season defining win against adversity

2 trips to Perth in 3 weeks one with tough quarantine
WCE at full strength
If Naughton does not play it will our weakest team for the season
50,000 WCE fans with the noise of affirmation
And we could list just as many reasons why we would lose in 2016, we are going to win this one Bailey Dale will kick the winning goal!

Thanks Scrag. I don't feel so bad now about my short-lived and unspectacular footy career. It went downhill pretty quickly after the high point of winning a B&F in the under 11s.

I'm now starting to think I was very influential. Nobody will contradict that as nobody would remember any of my games. I can vouch that I was pretty much always in the best 15-17 players on the day.
I perfected the 1% ers from the interchange bench

what a bunch of panic pants there are on here. We are a bloody good chance to beat the Eagles i Can’t understand all this negativity

Yeah, I know.

We are 3-0 on the road, including a win in W.A. only three weeks ago.

We have also beaten this team earlier in the year.

We should be more positive. It will be a tough game but we’re a shot if we bring our best game.*

*I think we’ll get beat by 6 goals. 😆

The Bulldogs' goal kicking accuracy against WCE in recent times has been dismal. These are the score lines from the most recent matches between the two teams. WCE's score is listed first.

14.9 v 14.16

7.5 v 6.13

21.7 v 10.12

18.13 v 9.16

12.15 v 11.14

9.15 v 8.13

The seventh most recent match was the 2016 EF. We kicked 14.15!!!

We have to go back to the 2016 match at Marvel for the last time we kicked more goals than behinds against them. Even then we only just passed parody with 12.11!

The Bulldogs' goal kicking accuracy against WCE in recent times has been dismal. These are the score lines from the most recent matches between the two teams. WCE's score is listed first.

14.9 v 14.16

7.5 v 6.13

21.7 v 10.12

18.13 v 9.16

12.15 v 11.14

9.15 v 8.13

We have to go back to the 2016 match at Marvel for the last time we kicked more goals than behinds against them. Even then we only just passed parody with 12.11!
I'll admit many of our missed shots would make the Eagles fans laugh, but calling it a parody is a trifle harsh.

14.9 v 14.16

7.5 v 6.13

21.7 v 10.12

18.13 v 9.16

12.15 v 11.14

9.15 v 8.13

Without going into great detail because I can't remember the circumstances for this, there's probably a good explanation. The Eagles have such good intercepting defenders, that clubs don't like to kick the ball to the 'hot spot' and will prefer to go low and wide against the Eagles. I'd say the difficultly of shots against the Eagles is probably greater than most other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without going into great detail because I can't remember the circumstances for this, there's probably a good explanation. The Eagles have such good intercepting defenders, that clubs don't like to kick the ball to the 'hot spot' and will prefer to go low and wide against the Eagles. I'd say the difficultly of shots against the Eagles is probably greater than most other teams.

I'm not sure if that is 100% true. There was some analysis published recently that the Eagle regularly kick more than their expected score (i.e. they kick goals most sides wouldn't) and opposing sides score less than their expected score (i.e. they miss goals they should kick).

Would love to see him in the 22 this week. Could be that missing link in the midfield rotations we've been searching for in Adz and Dunks absence.

A wet day in Perth would be an ideal scenario for him I suspect
Also means his family get to watch him play. Shouldn't influence selection, but would be nice for him if he did make his way back in while he's here

Also means his family get to watch him play. Shouldn't influence selection, but would be nice for him if he did make his way back in while he's here

Its most likely an opportunity for him to have a break and see his family.

The club does this regularly when taking a squad interstate.

Mucho vision of Naughton and Richards in another nicely cut video from the club.

Me thinks that these two featuring has somebody trying to tell us sumefink.

I doubt the kid who edits the training videos has been briefed on selection days before we even finalise our decisions.

I doubt the kid who edits the training videos has been briefed on selection days before we even finalise our decisions.

Benevolent Bevo oversees all activities at the club including its social media output.

Thats the only possible reason there is for the recent uptick in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back