Game Day Eagles v Dogs @ Optus Stadium 3:20 AEST - Rd 15 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Naughton just has bruised ribs, but I would be making the following changes:

Out: Vrozier, Hannan
In: Martin, Wood

One of Garcia or Lipinski in for Bailey Smith.
Naughton likely out is interesting. Do we bring in Martin for his spot and play Tim forward, or do we bring in Schache of JUH? Can't see Schache coming in off his last AFL effort and by all reports JUH didn't play very well in the VFL.
Hannan's gotta go, and Wallis wasn't terrible so probably comes in by default.
Crozier was awful and Wood should come in, but I can't see Crozier getting dropped. Although maybe his ankle will flare up a bit over the week. Looked pretty sore when it happened.

Ed Richards looked good in the VFL. Would consider him in for Crozier.

Tim English might need to find some form, hasn't been great since coming back but deserves the chance to find form and there isn't a lot in the 2's to fill his role.

Mitch Wallis was invisible after coming on at halftime. Papers stamped.

Out: Crozier, Hannan
In: Ed Richards, Stefan Martin

One of Garcia or Lipinski in for Bailey Smith.
Naughton likely out is interesting. Do we bring in Martin for his spot and play Tim forward, or do we bring in Schache of JUH? Can't see Schache coming in off his last AFL effort and by all reports JUH didn't play very well in the VFL.
Hannan's gotta go, and Wallis wasn't terrible so probably comes in by default.
Crozier was awful and Wood should come in, but I can't see Crozier getting dropped. Although maybe his ankle will flare up a bit over the week. Looked pretty sore when it happened.
We dropped Crozier to sub for the Port game so I can see it happening again, particularly based on his recent form

We dropped Crozier to sub for the Port game so I can see it happening again, particularly based on his recent form
True. Wood is a certainty I would say so he's the obvious choice.

Ed Richards looked good in the VFL. Would consider him in for Crozier.

Tim English might need to find some form, hasn't been great since coming back but deserves the chance to find form and there isn't a lot in the 2's to fill his role.

Mitch Wallis was invisible after coming on at halftime. Papers stamped.

Out: Crozier, Hannan
In: Ed Richards, Stefan Martin

Wallis was ok, a few fumbles but wasn’t the only one. 7 disposals at 100% and 3 score involvements. Bmith had 2 scores involvements and played a whole game, so did Dale & he’s usually one of the more creative ones

In: Martin, Garcia, Wood

Out: Hannan, Crozier, B.Smith

Wallis to stay in for a full game.

Need Baz to have a couple weeks in the twos. Find a spark. Gather up plenty of metres gained. Take the game on and be physical. 2020 Baz was don’t-arguing anyone that tried to tackle him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water, we coughed up a win on the road against a hostile 97:3 crowd.

Having said that…. Hannan out and don’t come back until you can kick set shots

Last edited:
With the quality of how Lipinski, Richards, Garcia, Wallis plays in VFL, Hannan and potentially Smith have to make way for them.

Wood in for Crozier as well seems a no-brainier. Crozier was poor and was dropped for a reason earlier in the year.

Stef in for Naughton if he's injured.

A loss here and we are 1 -3 from the last 4. Yuck

And it's in Perth against a full strength wet toast who haven't left home in weeks .. again, yuck

Don't care how unready Jamarra is.
And you can find plenty of reasons. Not to play him.
I just have one.He can't be any more unready than Hannan .
Watch his last 4 or 5 games.He scored a few goals but how many turn overs,panicking with ball in hand and crap hand balls.If he can't be better.Play Jamarra or at least Richards...
And to all those experts that disagreed with me having Toby in too soon.
Told you so...Nearly won us the game.
And who knows we could be on top if Jamarra played as well.
GUESS WE WILL NEVER KNOW.....

Last edited:
A loss here and we are 1 -3 from the last 4. Yuck

And it's in Perth against a full strength wet toast who haven't left home in weeks .. again, yuck

No games are handed to you, including to West Coast at home. We go over backs against the wall, not expected to win (umm, we’re actually in second place) and get the job done.

Out: Naughton, Hannan, Crozier, Bailey Smith

In: Schache, Wood, Lipinski, Bedendo

I saw Schache’s game in entirety and he was bloody good last night. I just still don’t see how the MC can trust him at AFL level again.... Great VFL player but his deficiencies get exposed time and time again up top and no resolution in sight sadly.

I'd be tempted to just forfeit this game to be honest. Our players need their days off. We held off on having our break so that we wouldn't waste it being in lockdown. Now that Melbourne is out of lockdown they want to fly us to Perth and lock us in a hotel all week. * that. Forfeit this one, give the players the time off they have earned and we can go hard to finish off the season, starting with another percentage boost against North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back