Status
Not open for further replies.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I haven’t been the biggest Richards fan but I’m keen to get him in. Having someone with his pace enter the side this deep into the season could be a real asset.

Just hope he’s fixed his disposal.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What is the record for the most hit outs in a game I think Nic Nac is about to break it. Schache in for Naughton I hope we do not get a Schachelacking it will kill our percentage.
One ruck against NN would see us get destroyed.

If thats the case then Bev is slipping back into bad habits. Surely Sweet is on that flight.

NN's record is 50 in a match but this year he is averaging under 70% game time so he is unlikely to beat that.

He's got 40 twice this year against us in R2 and Essendon in R11 both of those matches were losses to West Coast and had minimal impact from opposition rucks.

I don't think it matters who we choose to ruck against NN.

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are people forgetting how disappointing Richards has been over the last two seasons? He struggles to win the ball and is prone to butchering it by foot.

Wallis should stay in for Hannan who just hasn't done enough and has had a much better go this year than Wallis.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Worst thing about the whole unfair situation. Is we have to telegraph our team a week early. Giving West Coast an even bigger advantage ..

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just to add another layer of ridiculousness to the whole quarantining scenario, it just struck me that we wouldn't be getting to Joondalup until late this evening, so will be playing less than 7 days later so after all the brouhaha the 'rules' aren't being followed anyway.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hannan out JUH in.
Get them to play the same role. Continue to be kicking to grass like we did versus Geelong & JUH would absolutely love that. This tactic with JUH to take advantage, will change how defences have to play against us.

Crozier out Sweet in.
Crozier is one of my favourites…. BUT he needs to go back to the twos to get some confidence. We really need Sweet to play this week and I think Williams is the ideal player to play 3rd tall.

I would like Wood to return, perhaps for Cordy…. but I am not making that call this week.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hannan out JUH in.
Get them to play the same role. Continue to be kicking to grass like we did versus Geelong & JUH would absolutely love that. This tactic with JUH to take advantage, will change how defences have to play against us.

Crozier out Sweet in.
Crozier is one of my favourites…. BUT he needs to go back to the twos to get some confidence. We really need Sweet to play this week and I think Williams is the ideal player to play 3rd tall.

I would like Wood to return, perhaps for Cordy…. but I am not making that call this week.
I don't think either of those wwere on the plane..

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Richards pays this week this will only leave JUH, Hayes and Benendo who has not played a game this season. I am pretty certain none us predicted this with JUH but watching him play for Footscray he is not ready.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Richards pays this week this will only leave JUH, Hayes and Benendo who has not played a game this season. I am pretty certain none us predicted this with JUH but watching him play for Footscray he is not ready.

Very few competitive teams have had a #1 pick let alone a KPP. Along with the fact he played no footy last year it's not really that surprising but I understand the angst to see him in the seniors.

Shacf501

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are people forgetting how disappointing Richards has been over the last two seasons? He struggles to win the ball and is prone to butchering it by foot.

Wallis should stay in for Hannan who just hasn't done enough and has had a much better go this year than Wallis.
He should play at half back where he breaks line!

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
No Sweet or Martin is amateur hour.

Worst case this week we had to protect %.

If Nic Nat fires we will get flogged

If Martin isn't playing it's because his shoulder is no good. He didn't play VFL last week. Sweet got absolutely towelled up by Gawn. NicNat would have eaten him alive. If we're destined to get dominated in the ruck (which we are without Martin) then why bring in Sweet who gives us nothing around the ground?

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Martin isn't playing it's because his shoulder is no good. He didn't play VFL last week. Sweet got absolutely fowelled up by Gawn. NicNat would have eaten him alive. If we're destined to get dominated in the ruck (which we are without Martin) then why bring in Sweet who gives us nothing around the ground?

Because at the very least it pushes English into the forward/ruck position which is his best position. Instead he's going to get pounded into all day by NicNat.

My question is how does Martin go from into the 22 to being managed to then not being able to get up the next week. Unless Bev is playing silly mind games it makes no sense.

Wouldnt be a shocker to see bev playing tricks though.

If Sweet plays instead of Hannan we win the Geelong game. No doubt in my mind Tom Stewart and the Geelong defence are more accountable with English also lurking down there.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Because at the very least it pushes English into the forward/ruck position which is his best position. Instead he's going to get pounded into all day by NicNat.

My question is how does Martin go from into the 22 to being managed to then not being able to get up the next week. Unless Bev is playing silly mind games it makes no sense.

Wouldnt be a shocker to see bev playing tricks though.

If Sweet plays instead of Hannan we win the Geelong game. No doubt in my mind Tom Stewart and the Geelong defence are more accountable with English also lurking down there.

We just lost a game because we went with one ruckman and nowe are doing against a top 3 ruck one out again.

Some people suggested we tank this game and we basically are with this selection.

Sweet playing at least doesn’t tie Keath up to ruck in the backline again.

And god help us if Scache has to ruck against NN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We just lost a game because we went with one ruckman and no w we are doing against a top 3 ruck one out again.

Some people suggested we tank this game and we basically are with this selection.

I was part of the "tank" crowd because I feared this would happen. One ruck dooms us.

We may as well protect our most important structural players like Naughton and Keath and not play them if thats the case. We simply cannot beat the eagles in perth with one ruck (if that is whats put on the park). We just can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back