Game Day Eagles v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
I have been one of Shawrys biggest critics since he stole Marc Locks spot on the team in the early days :p

But credit where it is due, he has won back a lot of respect for me this year. Has improved his game in almost every area
My prob is he is so inconsistent but that could apply to quite a few.. he's actually stood up when it counted in his favor

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
darkwingduck knows more than the coaches and all of us.

Defence wasn't the problem yesterday. They did well defensively but not great on transition.

Our non existent pressure was the problem yesterday.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hard to get an amazing read from the stands but we also lacked run all over the field (spread), contested ball and didn't take the game on. We played safe and messed up basic kicks.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
There's a reason why Shaw is 2nd on most games played out of the young players, behind McKenzie. He's a workhorse who's undoubtedly high respected in the club. Would rather someone like him who gives 100% every game than someone like Hall who has that X-factor but rarely gives the effort required.
totally agree. Matt Shaw is so underrated by a lot of people on here.

You're right he is a workhorse always gives 110% yeah he may shank a kick or two every now and then but that because he's just busted his ass and sprinted half the field to provide a target or to support a teammate.

He's a big part of our team provides a lot of run and carry and he never gives up positives outweigh the negatives by a mile

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
most dissapointing loss this season IMO , the Eagles were a rabble ( no dissrespect) and we were worse. 1 quarter of football 3 quarters of not chasing, 2nd to the ball, and ball watchin against a side missing half of their best players is just weak

if i hear somene call that rubbish an honerable loss iwill throw up.
Wouldn't wanna make ya vomit but IMO the game against Swans was an honorable loss, believe they will play the GF this year - name 1 bad player in their side.. on the other hand, game against Eagles was most disappointing

Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The biggest problem, at least in my opinion, was that it seemed like some of the players missed an important memo: this game was crucial to securing a spot in the Top Eight. It seemed to only dawn on them in the final quarter that they really needed to win this one. The only player who seemed to truly understand the implications of that final siren was Gary Ablett and his scrunched up face.

I usually rave over Harley Bennell, but he gave the most disappointing effort in my eyes.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
The biggest problem, at least in my opinion, was that it seemed like some of the players missed an important memo: this game was crucial to securing a spot in the Top Eight. It seemed to only dawn on them in the final quarter that they really needed to win this one. The only player who seemed to truly understand the implications of that final siren was Gary Ablett and his scrunched up face.

I usually rave over Harley Bennell, but he gave the most disappointing effort in my eyes.

Harley was quiet. Got enough touches but still looked off.

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
darkwingduck knows more than the coaches and all of us.
Shaw was decent yeah. Some people on here cannot fathom what the role of an outside runner is.
Shaw was okay yesterday. I'd say he was less than average but if I'm being generous to appease you, he was okay.

The issue we are debating is whether or not he is consistent and gives 100% every time. He is quite clearly not consistent and he has proven time and time again that he squibs more contests than he goes hard at.

Therefore he isn't consistent.
Therefore I am right.

If you don't agree with that then yes, I do know more about football than you.

Simples.

TheAnt

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund
Hey guys, does McKenzie play more of a KPD role these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Hey guys, does McKenzie play more of a KPD role these days?
It's a bit of both. He's tall enough to take that 3rd tall, agile enough to roam around half back and find his own ball and damaging enough to put teams to the sword with his boot. The role he plays reminds me a lot of what Michael Johnson does so well at Fremantle. With experience I think McKenzie can be just as effective.

gigantes

Rookie
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a bit of both. He's tall enough to take that 3rd tall, agile enough to roam around half back and find his own ball and damaging enough to put teams to the sword with his boot. The role he plays reminds me a lot of what Michael Johnson does so well at Fremantle. With experience I think McKenzie can be just as effective.

WTF? Eric MacKenzie? Definitely KPD, and his disposal (especially by foot) would be one of his biggest flaws, has been known to give up the odd cheapie as a result of a horrendous disposal. Having said that, as a KPD, he has been awesome over the past 18 months. Rarely beaten one on one and must be in all-Australian consideration at this stage.

Gysenn

Club Legend
Nov 6, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
WTF? Eric MacKenzie? Definitely KPD, and his disposal (especially by foot) would be one of his biggest flaws, has been known to give up the odd cheapie as a result of a horrendous disposal. Having said that, as a KPD, he has been awesome over the past 18 months. Rarely beaten one on one and must be in all-Australian consideration at this stage.
............................They both meant Trent.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Alright, that's enough squabbling. I like to think I'm fairly lenient, but no-one wants to see the children fighting at the dinner table. If you want to sort out your differences, send each other PMs.

We're all on the same side here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back