Eagles vs dees 2018 almost identical to 1994 as was the Pies game

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Match score and winning margin almost identical

Pies game half time scores exact same both games 94 and 2018 And end score similar

Omens are there. You guys are going all the way

edited

edited - quarter time score in prelim 1994 was Eagles 4.7 to Melb 1.0, quarter time score in 2018 was 4.8 to 0.3. The dees also had a goalless quarter in 1994, like they had in 2018 { they had 2 } and Melbourne kicked exactly 5.3 in a quarter { quarter number 2 } like they did in the 3rd quarter this time. And in both games Melbourne kicked 2 goals in the last quarter.

WTF

Last edited:
Are you serious? Lol.

I think many have noticed the eerie parallels between 94 and 18, but that's just freaky. Also 12 years between 1994 and 2006 and 2006 and 2018. And in 1991 and 2015 we lost to Hawthorn in a gf..3 years later? Also 1992, 1994, 2006, 2018 (2,4,6,8 haha). If we don't win someone up there is just teasing us haha. I think we were 16-6 as well!

Are you serious? Lol.

I think many have noticed the eerie parallels between 94 and 18, but that's just freaky. Also 12 years between 1994 and 2006 and 2006 and 2018. And in 1991 and 2015 we lost to Hawthorn in a gf..3 years later? Also 1992, 1994, 2006, 2018 (2,4,6,8 haha). If we don't win someone up there is just teasing us haha. I think we were 16-6 as well!
yeah that was me that posted all of that already after you's beat collingwood.

Lost in 91, won in 94
Lost in 2015, won in 2018

Eagles win in the even years and will win rebound 3 years after losing one. Will now make a 12 year cycle

And win flags when they win 16 home and away games in a season like 1992, 1994, 2018.

1994 played Pies first week of finals at home

1994 played Melb in a prelim
Final at home won by 65

2018 play Pies first week of finals at home

2018 play Dees prelim at home won by 66

Eagles had the exact same score at half time in both games vs the Pies, not far off the end score as was the case also in 94 and 2018 against the demons.

Don't **** with history.

edited - quarter time score in prelim 1994 was Eagles 4.7 to Melb 1.0, quarter time score in 2018 was 4.8 to 0.3. The dees also had a goalless quarter in 1994, like they had in 2018 { they had 2 } and Melbourne kicked exactly 5.3 in a quarter { quarter number 2 } like they did in the 3rd quarter this time. And in both games Melbourne kicked 2 goals in the last quarter.

WTF

Eagles to beat Pies by 80 then. 60+ lol

WTF

Eagles to beat Pies by 80 then. 60+ lol

I know I may be wrong, but I actually believe we'll win. Still remain cautious, Collingwood are to be respected. I just picture scenes of blue and gold on the podium with Hurn and Simmo holding up the cup.

I know I may be wrong, but I actually believe we'll win. Still remain cautious, Collingwood are to be respected. I just picture scenes of blue and gold on the podium with Hurn and Simmo holding up the cup.
I do too tbh. I've seen it for a while in my mind. I saw it, but I didn't believe it { see what I did there }

I do now.

Could even see Hurn taking a match saving mark in defence aka Leo Barry/Andrew Embley. Eagles either really close with maybe Shuey running straight at the goal from 30m or a Ryan/Rioli/Les Cras sealer snap around the body, or Eagles to belt the living daylights out of them like they did us in 1994.

It will either be really close or really big I imagine. Under a kick or with a late sealer, or 60+

Could even see Hurn taking a match saving mark in defence aka Leo Barry/Andrew Embley. Eagles either really close with maybe Shuey running straight at the goal from 30m or a Ryan/Rioli/Les Cras sealer snap around the body, or Eagles to belt the living daylights out of them like they did us in 1994.

It will either be really close or really big I imagine. Under a kick or with a late sealer, or 60+

I wonder how much the difference between just beating the Pies in the QF and thumping Melbourne was us playing better or the Pies playing better than Melbourne. Given recent form it seems it's a bit of both
Pies are definitely cleaner with the ball, so we certainly can't rely on turnovers like we did today. Will need to really win the ball. In the third quarter I got the sense we were grinding them down. We'll need to apply enough pressure to be in a similar position at three quarter mind. Can't let them jump us. If we're ahead or within say, 20 points at half time I think we're a real chance.

I wonder how much the difference between just beating the Pies in the QF and thumping Melbourne was us playing better or the Pies playing better than Melbourne. Given recent form it seems it's a bit of both
Pies are definitely cleaner with the ball, so we certainly can't rely on turnovers like we did today. Will need to really win the ball. In the third quarter I got the sense we were grinding them down. We'll need to apply enough pressure to be in a similar position at three quarter mind. Can't let them jump us. If we're ahead or within say, 20 points at half time I think we're a real chance.
Yes certainly a combination of both. You guys can't afford a slow start and a fumbly one like Melb today and what you did against the Hawks in 2015. I don't think so though. You're more battle hardened, or so it seems.

Interesting this

The last time a team went goalless for a half in a final before today was 1927, the year when Collingwood won the grand final { and beat richmond who they beat in this years prelim }

omens for the pies too. But the eagles have more.

I'm sticking with WCE!

Yes certainly a combination of both. You guys can't afford a slow start and a fumbly one like Melb today and what you did against the Hawks in 2015. I don't think so though. You're more battle hardened, or so it seems.

Interesting this

The last time a team went goalless for a half in a final before today was 1927, the year when Collingwood won the grand final { and beat richmond who they beat in this years prelim }

omens for the pies too. But the eagles have more.

I'm sticking with WCE!

Yeah, we should be less likely to be shellshocked like in 15. Also consider in 2005 or 2006 (forget which) when we were first and the Pies 16th they beat us at the MCG. Having their measure means little though, as Richmond - who'd beaten them twice - learnt. Bucks and the Collingwood coaching team are smart and will be really picking us apart. Let's hope Simmo etc can outwit them in that department at least lol.

Almost a hundred years ago has little relevance for today's game lol. Also that's more a coincidence than anything the Pies did lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perth Boy here's another one

The last time the Dee's were in the 8 { before this time } was back in 2006, when the Eagles won the flag. Melbourne was eliminated by a W.A side { Freo } like this time in 2018. Collingwood played a team starting with W { Western Bulldogs } in the first week of the finals, like in 2018 { West Coast }

:)

Not as good as the 1994 score lines and opponents, and where the games took place but hey. It's still pretty cool.

perth Boy here's another one

The last time the Dee's were in the 8 { before this time } was back in 2006, when the Eagles won the flag. Melbourne was eliminated by a W.A side { Freo } like this time in 2018. Collingwood played a team starting with W { Western Bulldogs } in the first week of the finals, like in 2018 { West Coast }

:)

Not as good as the 1994 score lines and opponents, and where the games took place but hey. It's still pretty cool.

Haha this is fun. Silly but fun.

1992 Grand Final half time score

Cats 8.8
Eagles 6.8

Exactly two goals like today. Eagles will win. Big second half from sheed and Shuey, probably sheed will win the norm smith and eagles will win.

dees lose to freo, a WA club in 2006
dees lose to a WA club in 2018
the last time the dees made the finals was in 2006 { in between droughts } Eagles premiers
dees make the finals for the first time since 06 { 2018 } Eagles premiers
Eagles last win against Hawks in Melbourne was in 06 { premiership year
Eagles beat the hawks for the first time in Melbourne since 2006 { 2018, wins flag }

2006 pre-season - get belted by Freo, win the flag by under a kick
2018 pre-season - get belted by Freo, win the flag by under a kick

You guys should pray you get absolutely flogged tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back