AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gunners Lakers Scorcher Claremont

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Is it OK to not care about this at all? Like I'm not anti WC having a women's team I just don't get into the whole 'Now I have two teams to support at the same club' thing. There are Collingwood and GWS netball teams that wear the same colours, and like AFLW teams I just see them as completely different things. Seems like the WC team is just taking half of the Freo team anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Of course.

Just don't keep telling us (not you, but there are posters that repeat that they don't like this etc)
Not sure if I ever posted in an AFLW match thread. Not really on my radar but will watch a bit if they play curtain raisers.

Just as long as they don't start calling the Eagles the 'AFL mens side' in team announcements etc.

Biggie

Born is pride, from isolation
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco, Wildcats, ESH
Not sure if I ever posted in an AFLW match thread. Not really on my radar but will watch a bit if they play curtain raisers.

Just as long as they don't start calling the Eagles the 'AFL mens side' in team announcements etc.
Not a fan of ALFM then? :D

jatz14

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Thread starter #314
From the Eagles website

West Coast will soon sign seven athletes from its Female Academy ahead of October's AFLW National Draft, where it hopes to sign four more players.

I was a bit worried with Freo getting a pick before us, that they would get the best available, but I think most of the best prospects are in the academy, and we will get to pick the eyes out of it first. Hoping the go for Roxanne Roux, but I cannot find a list of academy members anywhere to confirm she is in it.

Eaglemaniac

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
There were a lot of good players training with the West Coast Academy recently. It will be interesting to see who they pick up onto their list and who they leave behind based on their choices so far.

Dark Sharks

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Got a feeling they'll move to gold coin entry next. Small amount of revenue is better than none.

$5 entry in a couple seasons time perhaps, and so on and so forth.

Haven't actually seen a AFLW game live before, just WAFL.

Weagles will change that next season :thumbsupemoji:

Top Bottom