Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Freo board is saying we signed Gibson.
Gibson is a handy pickup, one of the most skilled players, but a bit hit and miss.

Guess this is why she usually plays forward. A forward who has 4 kicks but gets a couple of goals has done a job.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Freo board is saying we signed Gibson.
Gibson is a handy pickup, one of the most skilled players, but a bit hit and miss.

Guess this is why she usually plays forward. A forward who has 4 kicks but gets a couple of goals has done a job.

Think she is a good pick up if so - confident we can get more production out of her.

Very happy with today’s signings.

Dowrick inparticular is going to be a star, she is only 19 and she is well worth giving up our first rounder for as she is a long term prospect.

Money on Hooker to be the Captain .

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
A reality check that we will likely get the profiles for the AFLW team up sometime in the next 6 months, I thought it worthwhile sharing what I have in info.

I am not claiming this to be perfect but it is a start.

From what I understand, we have taken our allowable share of Fremantle players and have traded our 1st round pick for McKenzie Dowrick. The rest were uncontracted. So here are our first 14 polayers

1555487731646.png

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
A reality check that we will likely get the profiles for the AFLW team up sometime in the next 6 months, I thought it worthwhile sharing what I have in info.

I am not claiming this to be perfect but it is a start.

From what I understand, we have taken our allowable share of Fremantle players and have traded our 1st round pick for McKenzie Dowrick. The rest were uncontracted. So here are our first 14 polayers

View attachment 656498
I don't actually have the real figures, but I have trouble believing Deegan is our tallest player, and that Laurie is taller than Jansz.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I don't actually have the real figures, but I have trouble believing Deegan is our tallest player, and that Laurie is taller than Jansz.

Straight from the Dockers list - Laurie is 178 cm and Janz is 177 cm. This might be the new McGovern/Oscar debate.
1555494212688.png

Deegan I took from a basketball site and small for basketball at 179 cm, she is in theory our tallest
1555494307736.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
Must say, the best thing about Freo having a women’s side first is that we get to steal their players, not the other way around. :)
I don't like how they were gifted a couple of premierships with a state team while we got hardly any concessions in comparison... How good would it be if our womens side gets a premiership before theirs

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Last edited:

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
WA draft order

1. Freo
2. WC
3. Freo
4. Freo
5. WC
6. Freo
7. WC
8. Freo
9. WC
10. WC
11. Freo
12. WC

I am not sure how they decided this. Freo still have more on their list than us, and given they still have the bulk of their midfield, the stronger list, but of the first 6 picks in WA, Freo have 4?

It doesn't really leave us in a position to trade either, our first pick in the overall draft is pick 19, and our second pick is 39.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Must say, the best thing about Freo having a women’s side first is that we get to steal their players, not the other way around. :)
I find it amusing compiling our inaugural side , almost feels like grand theft auto just plucking the best players from local melb clubs, coz we can and then the league giving us priority picks to get some more , like wtf , how goods this

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
I find it amusing compiling our inaugural side , almost feels like grand theft auto just plucking the best players from local melb clubs, coz we can and then the league giving us priority picks to get some more , like wtf , how goods this
Everyone else complaining like Tigers made like bandits doesn't mean much. You have a small list, with only a couple of A graders, you need to draft or trade in more players than the other clubs, just to catch up. Eagles have a dozen experienced players and the best 2 juniors in the state, your going to have to trade and draft well to catch up.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Everyone else complaining like Tigers made like bandits doesn't mean much. You have a small list, with only a couple of A graders, you need to draft or trade in more players than the other clubs, just to catch up. Eagles have a dozen experienced players and the best 2 juniors in the state, your going to have to trade and draft well to catch up.
We re likely to trade in conti , outstanding midfield talent , 19yo. Runs all day , bog in last years GF. Yes a lot of the balance of our side will possibly come from our vfl team which is a few rungs below

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Kate Bartlett and Cassie Davidson traded in. Kate from Dogs, Cassie from Freo.

Not sure what we traded out.

Especially interested in seeing Kate play, I don't think there is a player quite like her in the AFLW. She will either be a total bust or make a big impact imop.

A low possession high impact player, doesn't physically look like a footballer but has a really high footy IQ.

In junior footy where everyone flocks to the ball, she developed the knack of losing players and floating into the dangerous outside spots around goal.

She is boom or bust because, is she going to be able to lose players or find the space in AFLW, because I am not sure how she will do in contested ball situations at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back