jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Commentators thought Ashlee Atkins best on for grand final, though the medal didnt go to her. She played well.

Commentators thought Ashlee Atkins best on for grand final, though the medal didnt go to her. She played well.
Had to agree with the commentators myself. She was everywhere.

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Yep, she deserved it. Was a good night. Our other recent pick up Bonser was right near the top of the medal count as well.
Bonser's great now she has got over the ACLs. Looking good for a strong start to the opening 2020 season!

Eagles AFLW senior coach Luke Dwyer offered a three-point assessment of each player’s WAFLW Grand Final performance.

East Fremantle:

Ashlee Atkins: (midfielder/forward)

- Superb over four quarters. Hunted and won her own possessions.
- Kicked the ball with penetration and applied great pressure on the opposition
- Great performance and clearly one of the best players in the Grand Final

Ashton Hill: (defender)

- A very impressive four-quarter game. She used the ball effectively, won her one-on-one contests and provided East Fremantle with plenty of run and drive from defence
- Predictable in spoIling the ball and bringing it to ground
- Played her role perfectly for the premiers

Swan Districts:

Kellie Gibson: (midfielder/forward)

- Was one of Swan Districts’ best players in a losing side
- Looked dangerous forward. Took a great contested mark in the last quarter and kicked the goal
- Contested ball and repeat efforts were great throughout the whole game. She never gave up and can hold her head high

Mikayla Bowen: (midfielder)

-
Played a solid game. Found plenty of possessions and never gave up
- Kicked the ball really well; penetration and decision making was good
- A great experience for a young player. She will be a better player for it

Emily McGuire (defender)

- Defended really well. Cleared the defence with some excellent kicking and passing
- Took some really important drop off marks under pressure
- Tackled well and played with intensity

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League

Not sure about this. She missed a lot of 2018, but a lot of that was injury I think. Not sure I would want a West Aussie to miss because of her, on the other hand, I dont want us to pick a player not as good just because they are West Australian, if she is going to be in WA anyway. I guess it comes down to how good they think she is relative to these not selected so far.

Not sure about this. She missed a lot of 2018, but a lot of that was injury I think. Not sure I would want a West Aussie to miss because of her, on the other hand, I dont want us to pick a player not as good just because they are West Australian, if she is going to be in WA anyway. I guess it comes down to how good they think she is relative to these not selected so far.

I don’t think we’ll pick her jatz14

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't rate Holmes at all these days.

Sheesh she couldn't get near it and looked well off the pace last time i watched her play. I think the talent has gone well past her now.

Still only 29 in Jan so she's got a fair bit of footy left in her if a club wants to give her a shot.

I wouldn’t want her on the list at all. There are better and younger players available in the WAFLW alone.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't rate Holmes at all these days.

Sheesh she couldn't get near it and looked well off the pace last time i watched her play. I think the talent has gone well past her now.

Still only 29 in Jan so she's got a fair bit of footy left in her if a club wants to give her a shot.
Trash Survivor player as well.

Can’t be having that anywhere near our list

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
8am our time bud.

Hope Freo let Roxy slide to us at 19 (they have 12) Girls a gun
Cool. Thought so. I’ll be listening

I doubt we’ll get her, but even if they do pick her up, I’m not worried coz we’ve got Sophie Mac who shut Roxy down twice this year when they played on each other. ;)

Cool. Thought so. I’ll be listening

I doubt we’ll get her, but even if they do pick her up, I’m not worried coz we’ve got Sophie Mac who shut Roxy down twice this year when they played on each other. ;)
Fair call. She's still a gun though and will only get better training on the best ;)

Yoey

All Australian
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
How come we don't get a first round draft pick? even in the Womens comp the AFL tries to hobble us.

How come we don't get a first round draft pick? even in the Womens comp the AFL tries to hobble us.
You are not wrong - our recruiting was first class so a call was made. No joke. Eaglemaniac have you heard anything along these lines at all?

Yeah as Jatz said we traded our first pick out to secure Dowrick. We do have to wait a while but we have picked up some great talent via the pre signing period.
Yep agree, just heard from someone in the know that there was some clamps put on.

Freo take Roxy - not unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back