Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
It surprised me

jatz14 & Eaglemaniac thoughts?
Surprised me to, I was sort of looking at her as defacto captain already.

However, that may be an impression that comes from the fact she was the first marquee signing, works at the club and acts as the clubs AFLW spokesperson to a degree. So, she is the one we see the most and associate with the team. AS with Hurn, what the club thinks and feels internally may be different to external impressions.

If it wasn't Hooker, not sure I would have picked Swanson as the next in line, mainly because I wouldn't have been sure it was something she wanted, which again, is an external impression not based on much.

Again, like Hurn, hoping the club picked the right person, and frankly, the club has a fair record in that sense, havent been many duds over the journey.

Impactful quote.

Emma's dad reportedly excited when he heard the news

inoXy2.gif

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Just listened to an AFLW podcast with Chloe Malloy. They talked about Collingwoods slow starts to the year, Molloy mentioned she felt sorry for West Coast, having to meet them first round, as there was no way they were letting that first game go this year. Bit presumptuous I thought.

Just listened to an AFLW podcast with Chloe Malloy. They talked about Collingwoods slow starts to the year, Molloy mentioned she felt sorry for West Coast, having to meet them first round, as there was no way they were letting that first game go this year. Bit presumptuous I thought.

Should fire the girls up!

Jumper numbers finally released
1: Mikayla Bowen
2: Kellie Gibson
3: Brianna Green
4: Courtney Guard
5: McKenzie Dowrick
6: Emily Bonser
7: Bea Devlyn
8: Maddy Collier
9: Ashlee Atkins
10: Melissa Caulfield
11: Danika Pisconeri
12: Niamh Kelly
13: Emma Swanson (c)
14: Belinda Smith
15: Grace Kelly
16: Ashton Holl
17: Dana Hooker
19: Imahra Cameron
20: Kate Bartlett
21: Mhicca Carter
23: Tarnee Tester
24: Hayley Bullas
25: Parris Laurie
26: Talia Radan
27: Chantella Perera
31: Emily McGuire
32: Kate Orme
33: Cassie Davidson
35: Sophie McDonald
37: Alicia Janz

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Few odd positions listed on the FB number release, unless a few players are switching their positions.

Gibson listed as a midfielder but she's a forward, Smith listed as a forward but she's a defender etc.
I have always found that in women's football, any similarity between players listed positions, and where players actually play is pure coincidence.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back