AFLW West Coast Eagles Women's Team - Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoked with B Green, jatz14
Before her injuries she was up there with Donnellan as a midfielder in the WAWFL, probably only behind Bowers.

Had even a worse run the Bowers and is a bit the forgotten footballer.

Hooker, Green and Swanson is something to build a midfield around.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I had a few gags but I wasn't game. You are a braver misogynist than I.

I'm really excited about the women's team and have been tuning in for the odd game instead of watching various TV repeats, but yeah we should still be able to have a bit of a laugh around here. Totally tongue in cheek ;) If my wife wouldn't be offended by it then I reckon it's ok haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should you be looking at Brisbane for McKenzie Dowrick with Sophie Conway. Dogs with Belinda Smith and Kate Bartlett.

Should you be looking at Brisbane for McKenzie Dowrick with Sophie Conway. Dogs with Belinda Smith and Kate Bartlett.
Doubt Conway would head West, would go to Vic if she moved anywhere. Dowrick may come back, but she went to Qld to play with Arianna Clark, so it may depend on what Clark does. Neither has signed yet. Bartlett is a possibility, but given the list of players the Dogs are going to lose, she may not be delisted, and may see her prospects of getting regular games next year as much better. Belinda Smith didn't do well with the Dogs, and was delisted by Freo, so we may seek better.

jatz14 are you happy with our signings thus far ?

We don’t seem to have much height on the list yet , are there any young academy player that can Ruck or play KPP?

Doubt Conway would head West, would go to Vic if she moved anywhere. Dowrick may come back, but she went to Qld to play with Arianna Clark, so it may depend on what Clark does. Neither has signed yet. Bartlett is a possibility, but given the list of players the Dogs are going to lose, she may not be delisted, and may see her prospects of getting regular games next year as much better. Belinda Smith didn't do well with the Dogs, and was delisted by Freo, so we may seek better.

Sorry maybe got Clarke mixed up with Conway. Either way she was originally a country WA girl prior to starring for Qld in Under 18.

Sorry maybe got Clarke mixed up with Conway. Either way she was originally a country WA girl prior to starring for Qld in Under 18.
Clarke and her whole family have been in Qld a good few years, and she lived in pretty remote country WA. So coming to Perth is hardly coming home for her.

Depends on how big an Eagles fan Dowrick is and how she enjoyed the time at the Lions. If she is homesick and hating it, we may get her, but she could be having the time of her life.

Came here to ask the exact same thing. Do we have a ruckgirl or two in the wings?
Not that I am aware of. The last young ruck mentioned as being any good is McAuliffe, and she is pretty so/so with the Dockers. The fact the Dockers took an undersized Laurie may mean the cupboard is pretty bare.

Dorizzi is still around and she was a ruck in juniors, but she is really undersized by AFLW standards. She got away with it by being athletic.

I think it will be a problem area.

jatz14 are you happy with our signings thus far ?

We don’t seem to have much height on the list yet , are there any young academy player that can Ruck or play KPP?
Hooker is fantastic. Green is also great if she ever gets on the park. Caulfield is skilled and experienced. Never seen Guard, no idea who she is. Atkins was a consistent forward, but realistically is second or third string.

It's Deegan that is the unknown. She had big wraps early, but of the back of very few actual games of footy. Made the U18 state side as a 15 year old based on potential and performance as a basketballer.

Either has huge upside and the potential to be a star, or, dominated junior games on account of physical and athletic advantages and will get found out when playing in a comp she doesn't have those advantages. Only time will tell, but hopefully she got taken as a priority means it's the former.

The other junior whose name escapes me is more likely to be a success, but probably doesn't have the upside. Fearless burrower into packs, good in traffic, active and energetic, a proven ball magnet, but a little undersized. Had a bad habit of making space in packs by going out sideways then just hacking it down field across her body, but in the last nationals she seemed to have got rid of it. So hopefully that shows she is very coachable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back