Discussion #EaglesFontWatch – finding Dynamo in today's world (Now with added Marbold!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eagles-1.jpg

We all know how awesome the old Eagles logo is. If they are ever to get a rebrand, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I want it to come back. But at the same time, the font is very old school. It's unlikely you'd see it used in any new designs or rebrands. However, it lives on in the strangest of places, worldwide...

I first started sending "#EaglesFontWatch" snaps to a few mates last year as a bit of a joke but then I started to realise that it is still somewhat semi-widespread. I went out of my way to take photos of some sightings when I was over in Europe last year. So this thread is to chronicle sightings of the classic Eagles font, Dynamo.

I found this somewhere in Croatia last year. I think it was Split.

Eagles Font 2.jpg

This bad boy was captured on the wallpaper of a small pub in Swansea, Wales

Eagles Font 1.jpg

My old man has a kneel mat in the garage manufactured by a company called "Pro-Lift" who use the rare sentence case version of Dynamo

hzWwhWz.jpg

And there is a produce manufacturer called Grapeland who use an all-caps Dynamo on their grape boxes but I've always forgotten to take a picture when they come in and it's only ever rarely.

Please, keep the #EaglesFontWatch streak going and upload your picture whenever you see it in the wild (do any of you live near a Bing Lee store??) Computer images / pics found on Google don't count as it's way too easy.

¡Viva la Revolución!

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's a really cool poster there, the Ambar one. Pity the club isn't.

I never really clocked Yakka either – big in WA at the time evidently!

Two trucks that I drove past today both rocking the Eagles font and I can't believe I didn't think of them sooner. Of course I didn't physically get photos as I was driving but anywho...

Armoured_vans_of_Armaguard_in_Australia_01.jpg

midalia-thumb.jpg

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Two trucks that I drove past today both rocking the Eagles font and I can't believe I didn't think of them sooner. Of course I didn't physically get photos as I was driving but anywho...

Armoured_vans_of_Armaguard_in_Australia_01.jpg

midalia-thumb.jpg
Mmmmate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snapchat-1962524134.jpg

Saw this in a record shop in the city today.

369fd2f1fce3d3404e7aa0a7c84ca244.jpg

These guys are based around the corner from where I work in Osborne Park, drive past almost every day as I grab lunch across the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back