Discussion #EaglesFontWatch – finding Dynamo in today's world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm watching this series called "Abandoned" that aired on SBS, which is about abandoned places. Series 1, Episode 10: New Orleans. Travelling in a boat we pull up at Boutte's Bayou Restaurant:

View attachment 587982
This is a really good show by the way, presented by a pro skater with an affinity for the moved on. He taps into the melancholy and politics and sociology of why things are abandoned and what it represents. Really really cool. Some places are depressing and others are still nice and quaint.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Searching for WAFL sponsors in 1987 when suddenly:

This is a classic! Nice find. Clearly someone at the WA Footy Commission had a thing for this font...

Still, how good is this as a piece of design? You do this for a throwback budget and everyone loves it. It’s just so good. The classic 70s font alone is worthwhile but then you see the footy...

...it’s a Chesson!

Near on impossible to find a photo of one of these. They were the ubiquitous West Aussie footy from the 50s (or well well before) to the 70s. After I heard my old man talk about them, I actually started to remember a few old coaches and teachers saying ‘hit the Chesson’ or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crow28

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #173

Incidentally, I only recently discovered and followed the twitter account “Museum of Jerseys” after they conducted a Q&A with Mero. They retweet all kinds of gold like this. Highly, highly recommend.

Gibbsy

AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
Thread starter Moderator #175
Trying to find some stuff to brighten my greying white t shirts. Can’t use bleach because a lot of them have prints on the front and I feel like the bleach might wreck them. My home-made lemon & vinegar trick didn’t really work.

Will this do the trick? Any ideas?

61DD0750-6FC5-491F-BC93-101A18FCD32B.jpeg

Top Bottom