Discussion #EaglesFontWatch – finding Dynamo in today's world (Now with added Marbold!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Searching for WAFL sponsors in 1987 when suddenly:

s-l1600.jpg

I'm watching this series called "Abandoned" that aired on SBS, which is about abandoned places. Series 1, Episode 10: New Orleans. Travelling in a boat we pull up at Boutte's Bayou Restaurant:

View attachment 587982
This is a really good show by the way, presented by a pro skater with an affinity for the moved on. He taps into the melancholy and politics and sociology of why things are abandoned and what it represents. Really really cool. Some places are depressing and others are still nice and quaint.

Searching for WAFL sponsors in 1987 when suddenly:

s-l1600.jpg
This is a classic! Nice find. Clearly someone at the WA Footy Commission had a thing for this font...

Still, how good is this as a piece of design? You do this for a throwback budget and everyone loves it. It’s just so good. The classic 70s font alone is worthwhile but then you see the footy...

...it’s a Chesson!

Near on impossible to find a photo of one of these. They were the ubiquitous West Aussie footy from the 50s (or well well before) to the 70s. After I heard my old man talk about them, I actually started to remember a few old coaches and teachers saying ‘hit the Chesson’ or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

512d6545b7fa1f15cbd0b940d14e1253.jpg

On High Street, Preston.
Why would secret agents have their names and 'secret agents' painted in bold red letters on their office?

EDIT: wait, i just read the bit in the black, clearly not the type of secret agents I was thinking of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back