Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I wouldn't say that he "isn't that important". I would rate him one of the top 5 best young talents at our club. In no particular order: Hippy, Andrews, Berry, McCluggage, Witherden. Before he came along, our kick ins were atrocious, he is a big reason why we were better toward the back end of the season

Football is a funny game. Plenty of players have had fantastic first years only to be delisted a couple years later. He's playing in the most hotly contested position we have, guys like N.Robbo whom I thought would never have made it as an AFL footballer is now imo one of the first picked.

We have the depth of position and they are all young guys. Guaranteed someone will come out of nowhere to be a mainstay best 22 selection that will surprise us all

Nah mate I'm going to keep posting what I know and I hope others do to. If this seriously gets you that upset then maybe you're the problem not what you're reading.

Especially in a time such as the off season where footy news is so few and far it's nice to have some discussion and information on the club. You call it rumour I know it's much more than that, I believe my posting history on matters such as player movement has been pretty accurate because I get my information from players past & present.

There's definitely more positives at the club then focusing on one player whom in the grand scheme of things isn't that important and has a lot more to prove before we have any meltdowns on this board over the fact we will probably end up losing him.

Mate, get over yourself. Assuming you're not full of s**t, I'm sure your source and Witherden for that matter would love this sort of thing being posted in a place like Big Footy. Alex no doubt wants to get avoid getting treated in a similar vein to Schache and s**t like this just makes matters worse. How do you not see that?

Your posting is flaky at best - one minute you seem to have something credible then the next "there's more to Bundy being out than injury". Not saying you don't have credible sources, but it certainly looks as if you make s**t up at least some of the time.

I feel I should also note I have heard from a club source close to Alex no less that he is very likely to re-sign. It wouldn't surprise me if it is done before round 1.

While off season chatter is generally low, posting something that does both the player and fans no favors is poor Judgement at best.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Nah mate I'm going to keep posting what I know and I hope others do to. If this seriously gets you that upset then maybe you're the problem not what you're reading.

Especially in a time such as the off season where footy news is so few and far it's nice to have some discussion and information on the club. You call it rumour I know it's much more than that, I believe my posting history on matters such as player movement has been pretty accurate because I get my information from players past & present.

There's definitely more positives at the club then focusing on one player whom in the grand scheme of things isn't that important and has a lot more to prove before we have any meltdowns on this board over the fact we will probably end up losing him.
You're wrong, just as you were about Schache.

Witherden loves it up here and will extend by April.

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
We'll see like I said initially a 1-2 year extension maybe but in the long run he won't be a lion.

Very angry men around here cheer up it's Christmas. Don't let somethin like footy bring ya down.

P.S. I was right about Shache from the re-signing then too the fact he was going to be traded.

We'll see like I said initially a 1-2 year extension maybe but in the long run he won't be a lion.

Very angry men around here cheer up it's Christmas. Don't let somethin like footy bring ya down.

P.S. I was right about Shache from the re-signing then too the fact he was going to be traded.

So he may sign, but based off his current maturity he may return to Victoria? You should be a journo.

Billy Puller

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
So he may sign, but based off his current maturity he may return to Victoria? You should be a journo.
Jesus Christ mate of all the things to pick a fight over.

Read my first post it's pretty clear.

It's obvious you want a Christmas fight for whatever reason, but you won't have that with me. I hope you have a better day tomorrow bud :thumbsu:

Jesus Christ mate of all the things to pick a fight over.

Read my first post it's pretty clear.

It's obvious you want a Christmas fight for whatever reason, but you won't have that with me. I hope you have a better day tomorrow bud :thumbsu:

Sorry mate, blame Bundy - he's a bad influence.

Rocketman1984

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I happen to know some of the newer players including one mentioned prominently here were quite impressed with the southport sharks facilities saying there was nothing like that down in the TAC cup clubs. As Brisbane has no beaches yes players from the coastal cities like Geelong and Perth are going to struggle to live in Brisbane as the surf is in your blood (that's why I moved down the coast). If we move to Springfield ( which if it happens before 2020 I will push a wheelbarrow full of beer from the Coast to the Reserve) they should consider basing players who originated from the coastal towns and city's at somewhere like Ormeau where they can jump down the Logan motorway to training but also have close proximity to the Coast.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Why are people buying into what this guy is saying? He makes BS stories up on the regular. No need to panic guys.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
To be fair to Billy, all the things he has said about Witherden have certainly bounced around the place from other sources too. There are just as many others saying he has bought in to the Fagan system and will resist his urges to go home.

Hopefully Billy's sources turn out be wrong but he hasn't just pulled this from out of nowhere for fun. Would probably be best to keep this thread about Hugh and celebratory in mood but I think Billy has been savaged enough.

Last edited:

Sproj

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
To be fair to Billy, all the things he has said about Witherden have certainly bounced around the place from other sources too. There are just as many others saying he has bought in to the Fagan system and will resist his urges to go home.

Hopefully Billy's sources turn out be wrong but he hasn't just pulled this from out of nowhere for fun. Would probably be best to keep this thread about Hugh and celebratory in mood but I think Billy has been savaged enough.

Whether those rumours are bouncing around or not is not the point, the point is, we have just re-signed one of our key players which we have had a lot of trouble doing. This is fantastic news, why do we need to bring the thread down with essentially gossip about a completely different player? We haven't had a whole lot of good news in the last 20 years, let's at least enjoy it for a week.

kenberger

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Whether those rumours are bouncing around or not is not the point, the point is, we have just re-signed one of our key players which we have had a lot of trouble doing. This is fantastic news, why do we need to bring the thread down with essentially gossip about a completely different player? We haven't had a whole lot of good news in the last 20 years, let's at least enjoy it for a week.
The 3 flags were ok news I guess

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Because the question quickly went to Witho and Billy put forward an opinion, as is apt to happen on a forum. Nunez took exception to it, which is odd because he is normally very even handed, but is now going for "angriest folk singer.... in the world". Johnny Cash is dead, the mantle is there for the taking.

Storm in a tea cup really.

Anyway, as Yazz and the Plastic People said "the only way is up". Merry Xmas all.

Because the question quickly went to Witho and Billy put forward an opinion, as is apt to happen on a forum. Nunez took exception to it, which is odd because he is normally very even handed, but is now going for "angriest folk singer.... in the world". Johnny Cash is dead, the mantle is there for the taking.

Storm in a tea cup really.

Anyway, as Yazz and the Plastic People said "the only way is up". Merry Xmas all.

Someone has to do it! :p

In all seriousness - I did take exception because BPs post practically hijacked a very positive thread with something negative and contrary to what I've heard from a very good source. It came across as him saying rumor as if it was fact and given how many negative 'will player X stay?' Discussions/threads there has been over the past 12 months it is making this board a frustrating one to follow at times. We are in a very positive stage as a footy club and things are only going to get better from here.

In the end of the day, that is my opinion and I'm happy for others to disagree. That is what a forum is for. Billy Puller sorry if I offended you mate.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Did you miss the first few years of the 2000’s?? Some pretty good news there

Did you miss the first few years of the 2000’s?? Some pretty good news there

Let's see ...
- the Dons won a flag against the Demons in '00 and made the granny in '01
- the Pies made the granny in '02 and '03

That pretty much covers the important bits of the first four years of the 2000's. ;)

Oh and Hugh McCluggage had his 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th birthdays (which of course doesn't make anyone on here feel any older at all...)

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Let's see ...
- the Dons won a flag against the Demons in '00 and made the granny in '01
- the Pies made the granny in '02 and '03

That pretty much covers the important bits of the first four years of the 2000's. ;)

Oh and Hugh McCluggage had his 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th birthdays (which of course doesn't make anyone on here feel any older at all...)
Touché. I started to feel old when I saw personalised plates with 99 or 00 on them

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He's from Geelong, not Alice Springs, I think he'd have a reasonable idea of what Melbourne is like.:rolleyes:
Yeah I guess an 18 year old who has lived in Geelong his whole life with his parents would be all over the ins and outs of LIVING in Melbourne, even though he has never done it. Did not know visiting somewhere every now and again guaratees you enough knowledge to be weighing up one city against another. Anyway this going no where so might let it rest. Just found it ridiculous someone suggested Brisbane is not his "type" of city, how can he even have a type.

Back