Early Christmas gift: Hugh Re-signs

Maybe the mods can remove the non McCluggage related posts to the random thread.

Mods are nursing severe hangovers from their Christmas party. Eggnog and gin is a lethal combo.

Oct 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Mate, get over yourself. Assuming you're not full of s**t, I'm sure your source and Witherden for that matter would love this sort of thing being posted in a place like Big Footy. Alex no doubt wants to get avoid getting treated in a similar vein to Schache and s**t like this just makes matters worse. How do you not see that?

Your posting is flaky at best - one minute you seem to have something credible then the next "there's more to Bundy being out than injury". Not saying you don't have credible sources, but it certainly looks as if you make s**t up at least some of the time.

I feel I should also note I have heard from a club source close to Alex no less that he is very likely to re-sign. It wouldn't surprise me if it is done before round 1.

While off season chatter is generally low, posting something that does both the player and fans no favors is poor Judgement at best.

The Bundy rumour i know is actually true as well

Oct 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If you want to claim to be in the know post what you believe the truth is or don’t post inane statements.

lol ive already mentioned it before on this forum and not every one was a fan of this so I'm happy to not repost it

just saying BP is in the know and is quite accurate on alot of things

acuguy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 31, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just hope for all the Lions sake that they get to experience 35k at the gabba over the next couple of years. These boys need to know that there will be an army of Lions/Afl supporters sitting at home waiting for the Lions to become competitive and to start winning again. Once this occurs, the Gabba will be rocking and for whatever reason, i believe it is the loudest stadium in Australia. I have been to a sellout boxing day at the G, a full Etihad, but nothing comes close to the roar of the Gabba crowd.

Rip will remember the roar of the Gabba crowd at the 2nd Qualifying final against the bombers in 1996 when Wanganeen hit the post in the dying seconds. To this day it is the loudest crowd noise I've ever heard and there was only 22k at the Gabba. What a game, what a night and what a time of life. You youngsters don't know what you missed out on!!!

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
lol ive already mentioned it before on this forum and not every one was a fan of this so I'm happy to not repost it

just saying BP is in the know and is quite accurate on alot of things
With respect your post back then was lacking any detail at all and based on a conversation with a guy who knew Bundy growing up. I mean it's not like people never make outlandish claims without any substance. You're throwing mud and adding to the BF pipeline of BS.

You think the club would have come up with a less convoluted reason for him missing time and not require him to have multiple surgeries as cover.

With respect your post back then was lacking any detail at all and based on a conversation with a guy who knew Bundy growing up. I mean it's not like people never make outlandish claims without any substance. You're throwing mud and adding to the BF pipeline of BS.

You think the club would have come up with a less convoluted reason for him missing time and not require him to have multiple surgeries as cover.

Especially when, you know, he DID get more surgery.

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United
Especially when, you know, he DID get more surgery.
It's all an elaborate ruse by the club didn't you know. They put a faulty plate in his shoulder so that they had a fallback position.

For all the talk about us being a basket case we have some fiendish villains on the staff at Lions HQ.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
If you want to claim to be in the know post what you believe the truth is or don’t post inane statements.

Agree that it's bad form to imply you know something but not go through and post it. The rumour is a pretty spicy meatball though and I've been threatened to be sued for a rumour I posted in my early BF days (an Adelaide supporter contacted the club over something I posted about Wayne Carey).

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Great news on Clug! IMO his going to be your next superstar, kid is a ******* absolute jet. Would take him before Hipwood, Rayner and Berry personally.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Extra news Jack Payne also extends. What's happened to our club?
I have feelings emerging long repressed in my psyche.

I think it has to be related with the predicted total magnetic shift of the earth.

I think it has to be related with the predicted total magnetic shift of the earth.
But, but it's 2000 years early. How do I get my cryogenic deposit back. I had me to reawaken for our next era. ;)

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Club know better then me but is it a bit early to extend Payne? Not exactly a high pick and shouldn't we see if he is up to AFL level first?

Back