Early Grand Final Info, Tickets & Discussion etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Letting regional Vic fans into the Grand Final isn't worth losing three years worth of government, for mine. But we are getting into semantics ;)

If the election were two years away, no problem.

I understand entirely the point you are making. But this whole matter of when it supposedly 'matters' to act with integrity and when it doesn't is precisely why our governmental systems are dogged by corruption and decisions taken that are clearly not in the public interest.

Just do the right thing and be done with it is far more appealing to me. Anyway, I understand that this is of little interest to most on here so will save the remainder of my angst for a more appropriate forum.

Thanks. So I got category 1 even though I got no choice when choosing the ticket.
I definitely got a choice - you had to deselect "Best Available" and pick from the price categories in the dropdowns. Unfortunately, Ticketmaster doesn't make this immediately obvious because they want to sell the nice seats first.

Have Geelong released a list of the GF ticket priorities? I received an email that I can purchase tickets during the priority 2 presale and I wanted to see what memberships are priority 1.

Thanks.

I definitely got a choice - you had to deselect "Best Available" and pick from the price categories in the dropdowns. Unfortunately, Ticketmaster doesn't make this immediately obvious because they want to sell the nice seats first.

For 'nice', read atrociously overpriced. Apart from that, agree.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve heard this year.

And in a COVID year, 'stupid' has actually been on high rotation. So this is quite an 'achievement', in a way.

What a pathetic and nonsensical 'gesture' just to demonstrate that the 'G still holds all the power in the game when it comes to the Grand Final.

We get it. You have a contract to host the GF until a fair proportion of us here won't even be around to watch the game anymore. Did you really have to carry on in this way just to stamp your mark on the one time in the next 40 years that you won't be hosting the big game?

What a waste of money and effort, when supposedly 'every dollar counts'.

Aaaaand back here we go.

As much as I am really disappointed that it’s because most can’t go, what a relief it is not to have that stupid ballot.

Given that we were strongly outnumbered last night, I assume that all eligible members will be able to get a ticket?

Anybody aware of seating arrangements for the game? Just got this through. But wondering which end and wing the Geelong Sections will be.. hmm

Priority 1 Member pre-sale: Monday 19 October, 9am - 12pm (AEST)

Cat 1 for Semi Bay 71. Didn't see heavy with Cats / Behind goals seemed fairly neutral
Cat 1 for Prelim Bay 66 assume away team was basically all Cats / Cats were behind the goals Eastern end.
24,000 vs Sell Out is probably more indicative of outcome under a presale condition.

seating.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside of corporate packages is there any chance a non member gets a ticket?
Depends entirely on how many Priority 1, 2 and 3 Interstate members there are for Geelong and Richmond based in Queensland. Based on the game down at Metricon i'd say it'll be a sell out for sure. I'd be guessing if I took a stab at how much GA will be available :/

Hey Guys, hoping you don't mind the question here (big footy can be a strange place)
Did you guys have the option of selected Cat 3 or Cat 4 tickets if that is what your budget is? I am Priority 2 Richmond member, so your sale is on first. Just trying to work it all out.
Thanks

:-( Thanks for the info anyhow
i would almost guarantee the Grand Final will be available to General Admission..
how are they going to sell 16,200 tickets to members only when most victorians cant get into QLD.
I think you will be able to get tickets tomorrow.

Post your requests and offers here.

Generally you can on-sell a ticket for face value plus reasonable transactions cost.

Electronic ticketing means these costs should be virtually nil.

BUYER BEWARE!

BigFooty takes no responsibility for your transaction. We create this thread every year to help connect people so as many people as possible get a chance at a ticket. Protect yourself. Don't deal with scalpers.

Major Sporting Events Act 2009

Sections 166 and 166A of Act provides that it is an offence:
  • To sell event tickets contrary to the ticket conditions;
  • To sell five or less tickets above face value; and
  • To advertise for sale five or less tickets above face value.
Also, each AFL Grand Final ticket includes the following condition:

“This ticket is sold or distributed on condition that it not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or be used for advertising, promotions, competitions or other commercial purposes without the AFL’s written authorisation.”

Please bare this in mind

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back