Early Grand Final Info, Tickets & Discussion etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how PF ticketing 'normally' works? I got an email today confirming that I can buy one ticket per membership for Saturday night's game. So, my Dad, my son and I can go to the game on our full H&A memberships.

And yet I have a friend here who purchased a three-game Lions membership this year, and has been offered the chance to purchase up to six tickets on the basis of that one membership. Is this normally how the 'home team' gets advantaged in PF ticket allocations?

At the end of the day, I get it. We were always going to be seriously outnumbered at the game this weekend. But this just seems like a rather craven effort on behalf of the AFL to ensure the crowd is as partisan as possible on Saturday night.

The worst part of which is not even any supposed advantage it gives the Lions. It's actually having to sit amongst the crowd in a stadium where so many footy-illiterate people just roar 'Ball!' every time an opposition player takes possession and is subsequently brushed (let alone tackled) by a Lions player. It is just pathetic, and really mars the spectacle when so many of the crowd have such a limited grasp of the rules of the game.

your "prison" has less than 20 new cases a day.

we have 40k here - a day lol

Be thankful you have people that place care above everything else.

but this is not the thread for that so ill stop.

And I wish I could fly to the PF or GF too.

Go Catters

I will never be thankful for being locked up for 7 months and counting, nor should anybody. It's horrific what's happening in Vic.

Anyone know how PF ticketing 'normally' works? I got an email today confirming that I can buy one ticket per membership for Saturday night's game. So, my Dad, my son and I can go to the game on our full H&A memberships.

And yet I have a friend here who purchased a three-game Lions membership this year, and has been offered the chance to purchase up to six tickets on the basis of that one membership. Is this normally how the 'home team' gets advantaged in PF ticket allocations?

At the end of the day, I get it. We were always going to be seriously outnumbered at the game this weekend. But this just seems like a rather craven effort on behalf of the AFL to ensure the crowd is as partisan as possible on Saturday night.

The worst part of which is not even any supposed advantage it gives the Lions. It's actually having to sit amongst the crowd in a stadium where so many footy-illiterate people just roar 'Ball!' every time an opposition player takes possession and is subsequently brushed (let alone tackled) by a Lions player. It is just pathetic, and really mars the spectacle when so many of the crowd have such a limited grasp of the rules of the game.

Should be equal allocations for both clubs for finals. If Geelong's quota doesn't get used then they can be reallocated.

Should be equal allocations for both clubs for finals. If Geelong's quota doesn't get used then they can be reallocated.

Can't see how the system operating for Saturday night could possibly lead to equal allocations, Unless the number of Cats members here in Queensland is so low that they know they can reallocate stacks of 'unused' tickets from our quota back to general sale.

Still, that doesn't explain why full Cats members can only buy one ticket while Lions members (even those signed up for just three games) can buy six apiece.

Or why any unused Geelong allocation for the game doesn't go back to general sale rather than straight to Lions members. That way, Cats fans in Queensland who aren't members could still attend the match.

Just all seems set up to ensure that the Lions are packing the place out Saturday night. Doesn't bother me in terms of affecting the result. I just believe it is a fair inequity for people who follow the Cats here in terms of getting to the game.

Can't see how the system operating for Saturday night could possibly lead to equal allocations, Unless the number of Cats members here in Queensland is so low that they know they can reallocate stacks of 'unused' tickets from our quota back to general sale.

Still, that doesn't explain why full Cats members can only buy one ticket while Lions members (even those signed up for just three games) can buy six apiece.

Or why any unused Geelong allocation for the game doesn't go back to general sale rather than straight to Lions members. That way, Cats fans in Queensland who aren't members could still attend the match.

Just all seems set up to ensure that the Lions are packing the place out Saturday night. Doesn't bother me in terms of affecting the result. I just believe it is a fair inequity for people who follow the Cats here in terms of getting to the game.

Yeah that doesn't sound right. It should definitely be an even split.

Maybe ask the club what's happening and why Brisbane members seem to be able to purchase more? I can't as they won't bother with us Victorian plebs 😣😂

In relation to Geelong interstate membership.

This was the SEMI FINAL parameters:
Member ticketing pre-sale details are now confirmed for this game. You will have access to purchase up to six (6) Reserved Seat tickets per eligible Membership via the Member pre-sale (subject to availability). There is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction.

PRELIM:
Member ticketing pre-sale details are now confirmed for this game. You will have access to purchase one (1) Reserved Seat ticket per eligible Membership via the Member pre-sale (subject to availability).

In relation to Geelong interstate membership.

This was the SEMI FINAL parameters:
Member ticketing pre-sale details are now confirmed for this game. You will have access to purchase up to six (6) Reserved Seat tickets per eligible Membership via the Member pre-sale (subject to availability). There is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction.

PRELIM:
Member ticketing pre-sale details are now confirmed for this game. You will have access to purchase one (1) Reserved Seat ticket per eligible Membership via the Member pre-sale (subject to availability).

Any explanation for the difference? Particularly given the fact that Brisbane members are still able to purchase six per membership.

Just seems horrifically inequitable to me.

Any explanation for the difference? Particularly given the fact that Brisbane members are still able to purchase six per membership.

Just seems horrifically inequitable to me.
Not sure it matters to be honest with the same transaction limit.
You can enter multiple Member barcodes per transaction, however there is a limit of six (6) tickers per transaction.
Are we assuming that 6 has been confused as per transaction.
Considering the 21,400 odd on Saturday night and presumed balance of Collingwood and neutrals if a Geelong member wants to go they can with the allocation given in the presale.

For those who haven't seen the club email:

Thank you for staying Geelong Strong in 2020.

As you know, this year has been a unique and challenging one for us all, but as our boys demonstrated on Saturday night against Collingwood, nothing is beyond us if we keep up the fight.

As we prepare for the opportunity to compete in another Preliminary Final this weekend, I wanted to take a moment to again thank you for your unwavering support of our great club. We may not be able to see or hear you in the stands, but we can feel your energy and make no mistake, our players are feeding off it as we strive to reach our ultimate goal.

Should we make it through to the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final, due to current border closures, the AFL as well as the Queensland Government have advised that Club Members based in a restricted location (e.g. Victoria, International, NSW hotspot) will not be eligible to purchase tickets and attend the game. However, if you have relocated to Queensland or have made arrangements to be in the state, please contact the Geelong Cats Membership Team by 4pm Thursday 15 October on 1300 462 287 or email to update your details so we can allow you access.

This Saturday night presents yet another challenge for our playing group, but I have no doubt that with your support, and their own determination to get the job done, they could not be more ready.

Go Cats!

Brian Cook
CEO

Not sure it matters to be honest with the same transaction limit.
You can enter multiple Member barcodes per transaction, however there is a limit of six (6) tickers per transaction.
Are we assuming that 6 has been confused as per transaction.
Considering the 21,400 odd on Saturday night and presumed balance of Collingwood and neutrals if a Geelong member wants to go they can with the allocation given in the presale.

Seems like my Lions friend was confused, actually. They read their correspondence from the club as saying they could purchase six tickets with their one membership. When in fact the message was actually that you could purchase one ticket per membership, up to a maximum of six tickets on any given account. Sounds properly equitable if this is how it is working for Saturday night.

And I must make sure to properly check what others are telling me next time around. What I'd 'heard' didn't make sense so I should have looked into it further before throwing it on here.

Upside is, I'm now hoping to see even more Cats fans at the game Saturday night.

IF we make the granny will there be anywhere in Geelong to watch the game? I’d want to travel down to watch the gf amongst the locals!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF we make the granny will there be anywhere in Geelong to watch the game? I’d want to travel down to watch the gf amongst the locals!

Hopefully regional opens up even more come Monday and more cats fans can fill the pubs.

I've booked some pubs this Sat night but it's pretty small numbers.

It's not 'almost zero'. It is actually zero. The proximity of the election means absolutely nothing can or will change here regarding border restrictions with Victoria until after that event.

You simply have to remember that politicians the world over operate from the same wellspring of bravery, integrity and fearlessness that has characterised so much of Tom Lynch's season.
Post of the year.

Has there been anything communicated from the club re: grand final tickets? Just want to make sure I won't miss this info. Thx!

Email just arrived in my inbox...

Should we make it through to the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final, as an eligible 2020 Geelong Cats Member, you will have the opportunity to purchase a ticket using your Membership during the allocated Member presale next week.

You are eligible to purchase one (1) ticket per eligible Membership (subject to availability).

Should we win this Saturday night, Members will have the ticket on-sale day and time confirmed via email and SMS on Sunday 18 October.

It's not 'almost zero'. It is actually zero. The proximity of the election means absolutely nothing can or will change here regarding border restrictions with Victoria until after that event.

You simply have to remember that politicians the world over operate from the same wellspring of bravery, integrity and fearlessness that has characterised so much of Tom Lynch's season.
In fairness to Palazschzuk, this isn't a courage thing - it's a cause-and-effect thing. This election will be close and opening to any Victorians the week before the election would lose her government, no question about it.

As a geelong member it cost me 190 dollars for a ticket to the prelim. A friend who is a non member brought a ticket later in the day when they were released to the public and it only cost them 140 dollars. How does that work. Both tier 2 seats on the wing.
The cheapest seat available when I logged in was a $65 seat. There were something like 5 or so different prices - obviously the Gabba is not a 5-level arena. My guess is that your mate's seat is in a pocket, yours is on the wing.

In fairness to Palazschzuk, this isn't a courage thing - it's a cause-and-effect thing. This election will be close and opening to any Victorians the week before the election would lose her government, no question about it.

It's about not doing what is right, but doing what is expedient. Which is definitely a courage thing, in my view.

By the way, this is no political statement from me. I would expect the conservatives to do just the same if they found themselves in this situation. But that doesn't make it admirable, admissible or excusable.

It's about not doing what is right, but doing what is expedient. Which is definitely a courage thing, in my view.
Letting regional Vic fans into the Grand Final isn't worth losing three years worth of government, for mine. But we are getting into semantics ;)

If the election were two years away, no problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back