Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Flew under the radar a bit, but for a first year key defender Declan Watson was solid for us against the Swans.

Jy Simpkin's leg break has been cleared and will play his first game in 12 months on Sunday against the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out I didn't realise he had that much weight on him. It'd be interesting to compare his skinfold results to the other players particularly the other small forwards in the comp.
All the reports were it was the thing he needed to improve on. He came back from the indigenous camp and wasn't looking in the best shape. Since then, the new reports are that he's come back and spent a lot of time in the gym. The boy has a lot of talent he just needs to adjust to AFL environment. Hopefully he can show his skill in the VFL this year. It was probably always going to be a growing year for him.

Josh Begley was one of the best for us today. Kicked 4 goals as well. Pretty impressive.

McGrath is great for us. Really quick hands and played well today

Brodie very impressive for Gold Coast.
Doesn't look like a 1st year player at all.
Goes hard at the contest. Good pick up

Last edited:
Zac Fisher pretty impressive first up, 10 possessions in 44% TOG.
Has shown he can win the footy against the bigger bodies. Only 175cm, but really cracks in hard, has a nice burst of speed and a lovely left boot.

is he going to play this weekend with campbell injured?
Roughy you mean? Bloody hope Campbell's not injured as well!

I expect he'll play, think he was always gonna play this week whether Rough got injured or not but Campbell will probably be first ruck for most of the game.

The talk coming from the club (both in public releases and also from guys who get the inside word) about English is unlike anything I can remember hearing about our draftees this early in recent years. The club believe they've got an absolute gem here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back