Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

So from the first week of training:

- G.Rohan has taught C.Mills how a red head can survive in the sun
- J.McVeigh is in charge of shaving lessons. It was their first lesson before getting there gear
- S.Dew is responsible for their diets (we need to put meat on the rookies so they can play AFL)
- M.Talia has taken responsibility to make sure our draftees can tie their own shoe laces.

Thats pretty much the Swans rookies covered.
I didn't think Sydney had 0 gamers? :p

How in the hell is yarran competing for a spot with ballas and Walters. Yarran is not a small fwd.

Yarran is a medium forward, very similar player to Josh Hill from the Eagles.

Yarran is training with the rehab group. Hurt his knee in the WAFL GF, medial ligament. Very close to returning to full training.

Tucker is nimble and joining in most training.

Balic is pounding out laps, still rehabilitating a wrist injury which required surgery. Troubled him most of 2015. His elite endurance is on show but no ball work thus far.

Collins looks a mature age prospect and seems to have adjusted promptly. Good size and ran well in the 3km.

Nyhuis has surprised everyone with his neat kicking skills.

Uebergang I heard came last in the 3km trial but has good skills and is a good size.

Yarran is a medium forward, very similar player to Josh Hill from the Eagles.

Yarran is training with the rehab group. Hurt his knee in the WAFL GF, medial ligament. Very close to returning to full training.

Tucker is nimble and joining in most training.

Balic is pounding out laps, still rehabilitating a wrist injury which required surgery. Troubled him most of 2015. His elite endurance is on show but no ball work thus far.

Collins looks a mature age prospect and seems to have adjusted promptly. Good size and ran well in the 3km.

Nyhuis has surprised everyone with his neat kicking skills.

Uebergang I heard came last in the 3km trial but has good skills and is a good size.
Yarran is nothing like josh hill....

Yarran is nothing like josh hill....

n36407504_31735415_1766.jpg

Darcy Parish has started to show why he is so highly rated, Excelled in the moving the ball from defense to attack drill this past week, He clearly rates his kicking inside 50 as a weapon and hits the lead more often then not. Really exciting because we clearly lack class going inside 50, He and Zach Merrett kicking to a leading Daniher sounds great.

Aaron Francis, Is being worked over to get a good fitness base for next year, If the fitness team can get him to an AFL standard by round 1 he will play games for us early in the piece, His quality is unquestionable, Bloke is a unit and has the body to compete with the big boys already IMO.

What type of players are both Yarran and Adams? Genuine question.
Yarran is a third tall quick lead up fwd extremely agile with a nice leap. Good by foot and doesnt need much of an opportunity to make something happen. For his size he has some hardness as demonstrated by knocking will schofield into next week. But he is slight and was ragged dolled in the WAFL GF. He's competing for a spot against mayne if anything

Adams is a defender but he's an usual size. He's built like a brick s**t house but he's not tall. Like many people who have seen him the fear is he is an inbetween size player not suited to AFL. Not tall enough to be a KPD and not agile or quick enough to take the medium and small players. He is very attacking and extremely good by foot. His goal in the WAFL GF was very good. He gets torn a new one though by the more agile players like yarran and is not tall enough for the talls. He's more suited to the HBF at AFL level IMO but i think he might be found out athletically there

Yarran is a third tall quick lead up fwd extremely agile with a nice leap. ood by foot and doesnt need much of an opportunity to make something happen.

You do realise you're pretty much describing Josh Hill, right? One might be better/worse than the other overall at AFL level once it's said and done, and you might like one more than the other because of the WAFL club they're affiliated with or perceived "hardness" or "softness", but their size, body shape, skillsets and projected role at AFL level are pretty much identical.

Ib4 getting pedantic about the meaning of "third tall", and not understanding that players won't play the exact same role role at AFL level than they will in state leagues, as you did in another thread.

Adams is a defender but he's an unusual size. He's built like a brick s**t house but he's not tall. Like many people who have seen him the fear is he is an inbetween size player not suited to AFL. Not tall enough to be a KPD and not agile or quick enough to take the medium and small players.

Listed as 193cm and 98kg on the WAFL website. Plenty big enough for a key position.

Adams is certainly key position height, the knock seems to be that he plays as if he is smaller.

Regardless, he probably won't be forced to play as a key defender in the future with Collins, Roberts, Cordy and Hamling all on the list.

Yarran is a third tall quick lead up fwd extremely agile with a nice leap. Good by foot and doesnt need much of an opportunity to make something happen. For his size he has some hardness as demonstrated by knocking will schofield into next week. But he is slight and was ragged dolled in the WAFL GF. He's competing for a spot against mayne if anything

Adams is a defender but he's an usual size. He's built like a brick s**t house but he's not tall. Like many people who have seen him the fear is he is an inbetween size player not suited to AFL. Not tall enough to be a KPD and not agile or quick enough to take the medium and small players. He is very attacking and extremely good by foot. His goal in the WAFL GF was very good. He gets torn a new one though by the more agile players like yarran and is not tall enough for the talls. He's more suited to the HBF at AFL level IMO but i think he might be found out athletically there

Adams is not 'extremely good by foot'. He's decent. He is definitely big enough to play key position and has. He also has above average ability to play on mediums and smalls as he is very agile for his size. An AFL environment will see him hone in on these natural gifts even more. I know plenty of West Perth guys and watch most their games. You are talking out your bottom my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven May is 190cm and 101kg. Adams is 193cm and 98kg (going by my info he played a bit heavier than that this year also). Interested to hear why he can't play key position? It's not as if he plays small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- M.Talia has taken responsibility to make sure our draftees can tie their own shoe laces.

Would have thought he'd be giving the mobile communications course.

Adams is not 'extremely good by foot'. He's decent. He is definitely big enough to play key position and has. He also has above average ability to play on mediums and smalls as he is very agile for his size. An AFL environment will see him hone in on these natural gifts even more. I know plenty of West Perth guys and watch most their games. You are talking out your bottom my friend.

he's been destroyed by the decent talls at WAFL level, especially the more agile ones... yarran 5 goals in the GF summed it up. he's just not quick enough or agile enough for it

You do realise you're pretty much describing Josh Hill, right? One might be better/worse than the other overall at AFL level once it's said and done, and you might like one more than the other because of the WAFL club they're affiliated with or perceived "hardness" or "softness", but their size, body shape, skillsets and projected role at AFL level are pretty much identical.

Ib4 getting pedantic about the meaning of "third tall", and not understanding that players won't play the exact same role role at AFL level than they will in state leagues, as you did in another thread.

Listed as 193cm and 98kg on the WAFL website. Plenty big enough for a key position.

i've watched both regularly... you could run the players next to each other and you would say yarran is quicker, more agile and plays taller than hill. i'd say he's taller than hill as well.

i think those that are disagreeing with me, havent seen him play regularly. maybe a highlight here and there.

you need to watch him play

Sier- Big bodied midfielder with class who's looked great so far, He's bulking size allows him to carve through packs with ease in the middle, Problem is his tank and fitness, will need to build it up.

Phillips- Classy young player, won 2km off Sidebottom (well documented), Moves really well and doesn't waste it again just has a bit of class.

Willis- Similar to Sier with the big body, He's not as classy as two above but does really well in congestion/traffic.

Crocker- Like this kid a lot, Great leading and a good pair of mits, Kicking for goal is spot on two, Reminds you a bit of Fasolo but just..better.

Smith (Rookie)- Quick but looks like he's had a hammy tweak after the 2km a couple weeks ago, Been in rehab but works very hard. Could play senior footy this 2016 season

Golds (rookie)- The clubs decided to switch him up has a Wing/Half Forward instead of the HB role he played at Giants, His endurance is elite, Good hands and looks alright.

he's been destroyed by the decent talls at WAFL level, especially the more agile ones... yarran 5 goals in the GF summed it up. he's just not quick enough or agile enough for it

What? He didn't kick 5 on Adams? They rotated others players such as Rhode on to Yarran. Get your facts right. Adams actually did the best out of anyone on the team when matched to him.

What? He didn't kick 5 on Adams? They rotated others players such as Rhode on to Yarran. Get your facts right. Adams actually did the best out of anyone on the team when matched to him.

yeh he did mate, i was at the game!!!!

poor old keitel was left to take bolland for the entirety of the game, when bolland got on a run on early, adams never went to him. i wonder why...

for those playing at home you can see i think 3 of the goals here:

8 secs
34 secs
1.21 mins
1.45 mins

the 4th is in there where yarran takes another on the lead from adams, but they dont show him

this all from yarran, who went into the game with a completely shot ankle

nice goal from at 55 seconds from the pocket for adams

Last edited:

Tend to agree with your sentiments. Only one person here is claiming the opposite, compared to all the draft experts and the club's themselves.

So from the first week of training:

- G.Rohan has taught C.Mills how a red head can survive in the sun
- J.McVeigh is in charge of shaving lessons. It was their first lesson before getting there gear
- S.Dew is responsible for their diets (we need to put meat on the rookies so they can play AFL)

You forgot that Buddy gave each of our new draftees the sex talk.

You've got a very poor argument here IMO. Seems to solely consist of repeating that Yarran kicked a few on him in one game so he won't succeed as a defender.

As you'd no doubt know, Yarran is no mug. I agree somewhat that he is not a typical small forward, more in the Trent Dennis-Lane style as a guy who does his damage through smart leading and accurate kicking rather than showing the moves at ground level. However I would say that Yarran possesses more dimensions to his game than TDL and funnily enough in my mind that makes the Josh Hill comparison a more than reasonable one.

You've got a very poor argument here IMO. Seems to solely consist of repeating that Yarran kicked a few on him in one game so he won't succeed as a defender.

As you'd no doubt know, Yarran is no mug. I agree somewhat that he is not a typical small forward, more in the Trent Dennis-Lane style as a guy who does his damage through smart leading and accurate kicking rather than showing the moves at ground level. However I would say that Yarran possesses more dimensions to his game than TDL and funnily enough in my mind that makes the Josh Hill comparison a more than reasonable one.
Yarran wasnt the only one to kick a bag on him. You need to speak to those who work within the WAFL i am just repeating the concern there is with adams.

Too many people are being caught out having an opinion without seeing either player actually play

As for yarran you need to see him play regularly to understand. I dont agree with you when you say he isn't as creative on the ground. He is. He's more an oloughlin type IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back