Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yarran wasnt the only one to kick a bag on him. You need to speak to those who work within the WAFL i am just repeating the concern there is with adams.

Too many people are being caught out having an opinion without seeing either player actually play

As for yarran you need to see him play regularly to understand. I dont agree with you when you say he isn't as creative on the ground. He is. He's more an oloughlin type IMO
I think you are quite wrong regarding Adams not being able to play on the on the smaller, more agile types. Your example being Yarran and how he kicked a bag on Adams in the grand final - in a game where West Perth's midfield pressure on the Subiaco ball carrier kicking it inside 50 clearly wasn't up to a standard to help Adams (most defenders would struggle with being under THAT much pressure). Nor was it even close to an AFL standard.

Really a better game to look at for this matchup would be a game such as the round 14 clash between Subi and WP, where it was a very congested/high pressure game (with subi having 48 inside 50's mind you) and Adams keeping Yarran to 7D, 2M and 0.2 scoring.

Really a better game to look at for this matchup would be a game such as the round 14 clash between Subi and WP, where it was a very congested/high pressure game (with subi having 48 inside 50's mind you) and Adams keeping Yarran to 7D, 2M and 0.2 scoring.

Interesting.

I think you are quite wrong regarding Adams not being able to play on the on the smaller, more agile types. Your example being Yarran and how he kicked a bag on Adams in the grand final - in a game where West Perth's midfield pressure on the Subiaco ball carrier kicking it inside 50 clearly wasn't up to a standard to help Adams (most defenders would struggle with being under THAT much pressure). Nor was it even close to an AFL standard.

except he didnt play on yarran that day... he was playing on boland

and this is the problem with these arguments. people are basing their argument without actually having been there on the day and watched the game. they're reading off stats sheets and making assumptions

also if you reading the stats card, why did you ignore the semi final?

Last edited:

and this is the problem with these arguments. people are basing their argument without actually having been there on the day and watched the game. they're reading off stats sheets and making assumptions

Every pick has an element of risk to it, but i'd back in full time recruiters who have access to a lot more information than any spectator ever could. Given Dalrymples track record, i'll back him in; yes i'm bias, but you can't really dispute any of his picks in the past few years, with all but 1 of the 2014 draft class playing senior footy this year.

Every pick has an element of risk to it, but i'd back in full time recruiters who have access to a lot more information than any spectator ever could. Given Dalrymples track record, i'll back him in; yes i'm bias, but you can't really dispute any of his picks in the past few years, with all but 1 of the 2014 draft class playing senior footy this year.

thats a very fair comment and like i've said probably 5 times already now... people should hold off on their opinion until they actually watch the players play

dont rely on highlights, actually wait to watch them

Well yes he did play on Yarran that day.. because I was there and just used the stats as a indicator that he can actually play on him and quell his influence.

For the semi final, I believe it was a pretty even affair on the day and both players had there ups and downs. I wouldn't say 3 goals is a completely dominated performance to show that my point is wrong (that he can't play on agile types)

Well yes he did play on Yarran that day.. because I was there and just used the stats as a indicator that he can actually play on him and quell his influence.

For the semi final, I believe it was a pretty even affair on the day and both players had there ups and downs. I wouldn't say 3 goals is a completely dominated performance to show that my point is wrong (that he can't play on agile types)
Rofl

yeh he did mate, i was at the game!!!!

poor old keitel was left to take bolland for the entirety of the game, when bolland got on a run on early, adams never went to him. i wonder why...

for those playing at home you can see i think 3 of the goals here:

8 secs
34 secs
1.21 mins
1.45 mins

the 4th is in there where yarran takes another on the lead from adams, but they dont show him

this all from yarran, who went into the game with a completely shot ankle

nice goal from at 55 seconds from the pocket for adams

He did not kick all of them on Adams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all you guys who have watched a bit of WAFL, what are your thoughts on tigers draftee Nathan Broad? Could he play early next year, and what's his best position?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all you guys who have watched a bit of WAFL, what are your thoughts on tigers draftee Nathan Broad? Could he play early next year, and what's his best position?

Half back/wingman in the mould of someone like Cameron O'Shea. Has the athleticism to be versatile enough to cover a wide range of opponents, skills aren't a standout in the WAFL but gets the job done more often than not. Has been talk of him being developed as a midfielder to take full advantage of his fitness, but probably doesn't quite get the ball enough for me to think that will be likely. However I thought similar of another rangy type from WA that you guys took in Kamdyn McIntosh so could well be proven wrong on that.

Could definitely come in and do a job for you early on. I don't expect him to really stand-out, but would not be surprised if he immediately looks solid in a defensive role and can link up for his 10-15 possessions a game.

Wylie Buzza may miss the season after suffering a freak accident at training

screen-shot-2010-12-10-at-1-24-47-am.png

Half back/wingman in the mould of someone like Cameron O'Shea. Has the athleticism to be versatile enough to cover a wide range of opponents, skills aren't a standout in the WAFL but gets the job done more often than not. Has been talk of him being developed as a midfielder to take full advantage of his fitness, but probably doesn't quite get the ball enough for me to think that will be likely. However I thought similar of another rangy type from WA that you guys took in Kamdyn McIntosh so could well be proven wrong on that.

Could definitely come in and do a job for you early on. I don't expect him to really stand-out, but would not be surprised if he immediately looks solid in a defensive role and can link up for his 10-15 possessions a game.
Thanks Hellgood!!

Wayne Milera from all reports is cutting up the training track with his skill. Extremely light compared to other draftees.

Tom Doedee has done some good things. Will play SANFL mostly this year unless Lever, Cheney or Otten get injured.

Jono Beech is doing quite well. Paul Hunter is working closely with Jacobs.

Our recruits have been eased into it before Christmas and probably will expect to do a lot of work now back into the new year.

Clayton Oliver: Doesn't look out of place at all and already body shape is starting to change into a finely tuned big bodied midfielder. Should debut early on the season. Will be a beauty!

Sam Weideman: Eased into it after injury ruined 2015.. Will play majority of Casey in 2016 but has shown he has class and his hands and contested marking has been a highlight so far. Wouldn't be surprised if he play 5 to 8 games next year.

Liam Hulett: Physically ready to play AFL footy as he is a big powerful Key forward. But with his limited exposure due to injury in the TAC he is a bit of an unkown atm so who knows what he could produce. Has been a surprise packet at training though with his strong marking and versatility.

Mitch King: Porject tall ruckman who will take time and should play all of Casey in 2016

Josh Wagner: Mature age silky half back who is already fitting in well and joining in full training compared to the young kids who have been eased into it. If a senior spot open expect him or Mitch White to battle it out for that half back spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back