Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee’s I forget how many pages back I commented on Ely.

He’s a raging bull. Snapped Hodgey in half during a mid week training session.
He was my favourite player in the draft. Bull alright. Will he play from R1? $40 rising star odds are juicy.

He was my favourite player in the draft. Bull alright. Will he play from R1? $40 rising star odds are juicy.

Unlikely to be picked in the best 22 early in the season. Though he’s the only draftee to be named in the JLT extended team.

Our reserves played a local NEAFL team today, and Tom Berry tore it up, and Tom Joyce looks to be a player.

bailey scott has just continued playing how he always has played. great pace, freakish endurance, finds the ball, just a complete footballer although very thin. brad scott was praising how coachable he is. smart kid and extremely hard worker.

hes been in our bests in all the practice matches. hes currently best 22 imo.

he had a brilliant piece of play today on the wing where he kept his feet and beat the st kilda guy (newnes?) in a ground ball 1 on 1 from a very unfavourable starting position. think he racked up around 20 touches.

i dont know what exactly happened on draft night but i rate this guy just as highly as i always did. i rated him higher than tarryn thomas and i havent seen anything to change my mind about that yet. so glad we got him.

Last edited:
Yeah Scott is odds on to be one of the bargains of the draft, most experts found it strange how late the bid came given his junior CV.

Had 16 touches to half time in 39 degrees. Was managed in the second half, he looks like a quality AFL wingman in the making.

Butters looked extremely good, Dursma also v.good even LDU was beasting it, physically he’s a different player from last year

Going to be a strong rising star class.

Happy with Caldwell and Hately today. Both look like AFL grade players. Neither likely to play round 1 though. Taranto and Perryman will play many more midfield minutes and Daniels is demanding a small forward spot. That should keep them out for a bit. Later in the year maybe.

I forgot about Scott, saw B.Scott on the team sheet and thought Brad's gone one further than Sheeds and actually pulled on the boots!

Port's first 3 are all quality young players. Caldwell has the makings of a top notch mid.

Berry might prove a bargain.

Really good draft group last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with Caldwell and Hately today. Both look like AFL grade players. Neither likely to play round 1 though. Taranto and Perryman will play many more midfield minutes and Daniels is demanding a small forward spot. That should keep them out for a bit. Later in the year maybe.

Not a new draftee as such but I saw Cummings had 14 touches in 44% game time.

Is he a chance for round 1?

Not a new draftee as such but I saw Cummings had 14 touches in 44% game time.

Is he a chance for round 1?
I think he's a lock for the AA team!

Seriously I think so. The difficulty is we play 4 talls and Heater, Hennedy and William's or Whutfiekd are locks.

Probably needs to be able to play in a wing or half forward as well to find a ln interchange spot. He'd developing very well though, and will get a shot at some point this year.

I think he's a lock for the AA team!

Seriously I think so. The difficulty is we play 4 talls and Heater, Hennedy and William's or Whutfiekd are locks.

Probably needs to be able to play in a wing or half forward as well to find a ln interchange spot. He'd developing very well though, and will get a shot at some point this year.

You get a thumbs up for epic spelling

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Although it was expected after so many positive expert’s reviews , just thrilled to see Sam Walsh in Navy Blue such maturity, poise and positive character. An upright younster great to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back