Early reports on new draftees...

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Don’t get me wrong, he was certainly very very deserving of being in the top 3, more so pointing out I think SPP was grossly underrated.

They vic bias certainly exists in the media, from memory the only person that I recall not having it a 2 horse race was Gerard Whately in AFL360, perhaps the bia is overstated amounts the judges but I do question how much of his footy the judges actually saw, the two non vic judges both had him first where as one vic judge had him 2nd of the other 4 2 had him 3rd the other 2 4th.

Coincidence maybe, but I’m not sure.
Yeah that damn Vic bias that has seen an interstate player win the vast majority of recent rising stars...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
The number 1 draft pick usually has all the politics & media PR machine on their side for starters.

Take McGrath winning over Burton, after Burton clearly had the superior season by nearly all discernible measures.....And not A single judge awarding him the maximum votes, stunk to high-heaven of organised politics.
What organised politics? By whom? And why?

bmaurizio

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
We all know how the AFL works.
Walsh will play one decent game R1 followed by 20 forgettables and still win the RS.
Hold until you see Sam Walsh play a few games that will give a better picture perhaps.
My gut feel is he'll be a ripper and an elite AFL midfielder nothing less and yes he'll give the RS a good shake.
Sam's maturity, mentality and physical preparedness for AFL completion is quite extraordinary for a youngster.
Numerous coaches and respected footballers seem to think the same, can they be all wrong too?.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hold until you see Sam Walsh play a few games that will give a better picture perhaps.
My gut feel is he'll be a ripper and an elite AFL midfielder nothing less and yes he'll give the RS a good shake.
Sam's maturity, mentality and physical preparedness for AFL completion is quite extraordinary for a youngster.
Numerous coaches and respected footballers seem to think the same, can they be all wrong too?.
My comments were tongue in cheek. He is definitely a great prospect.
I was more alluding to the media bias of low draft picks

Top Bottom