Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs have a few guys surprising..Spots in the dogs seniors looks tight...

Dunkley -Has fitted straight in and seems over injury's of 2015 moves well and is a beast reminds me off Wines when he moves action looks a bit stutted like wines but never misses his target,with a bigger body and a bigger tank this kid could be anything

Collins-Spoke to one of the assistance who could not believe how fast he is for a big guy and believes he could go forward as well as back,whole club still can not believe he made it to our pick needs to work on his motor but seems ready to go and makes the footscray team look hard to beat in 2016

Adams-The specimen is flying and looks ready to go very Physical and moves well( imagine Palopolo but 193cm ) I think he could even go forward as he would be a nightmare match up.

Williams-The surprise packet to all down at the dogs and he is flying..has grown was 186cm now 189cm onballer who many believe will play round one..2 people have commented to me he moves like Fyfe...................Been told a coached fav as well

Lynch-How did this kid slip though?? 188cm HBF moves like Bob Murphy and does not miss a kick left or right foot still slight but wow class and wouldn't surprise if gets a call up early.

Goetz-2003cm Ruckman who moves more like a wingman..Will be a project player but at that size and running ability looks good

Dunkley -Has fitted straight in and seems over injury's of 2015 moves well and is a beast reminds me off Wines when he moves action looks a bit stutted like wines but never misses his target,with a bigger body and a bigger tank this kid could be anything

Collins-Spoke to one of the assistance who could not believe how fast he is for a big guy and believes he could go forward as well as back,whole club still can not believe he made it to our pick needs to work on his motor but seems ready to go and makes the footscray team look hard to beat in 2016

Adams-The specimen is flying and looks ready to go very Physical and moves well( imagine Palopolo but 193cm ) I think he could even go forward as he would be a nightmare match up.

Williams-The surprise packet to all down at the dogs and he is flying..has grown was 186cm now 189cm onballer who many believe will play round one..2 people have commented to me he moves like Fyfe...................Been told a coached fav as well

Lynch-How did this kid slip though?? 188cm HBF moves like Bob Murphy and does not miss a kick left or right foot still slight but wow class and wouldn't surprise if gets a call up early.

Goetz-2003cm Ruckman who moves more like a wingman..Will be a project player but at that size and running ability looks good
20 meter tall ruckman... Should play round one.

And people thought Sandilands was tall

Lol........

Our recruits have been eased into it before Christmas and probably will expect to do a lot of work now back into the new year.

Clayton Oliver: Doesn't look out of place at all and already body shape is starting to change into a finely tuned big bodied midfielder. Should debut early on the season. Will be a beauty!

Sam Weideman: Eased into it after injury ruined 2015.. Will play majority of Casey in 2016 but has shown he has class and his hands and contested marking has been a highlight so far. Wouldn't be surprised if he play 5 to 8 games next year.

Liam Hulett: Physically ready to play AFL footy as he is a big powerful Key forward. But with his limited exposure due to injury in the TAC he is a bit of an unkown atm so who knows what he could produce. Has been a surprise packet at training though with his strong marking and versatility.

Mitch King: Porject tall ruckman who will take time and should play all of Casey in 2016

Josh Wagner: Mature age silky half back who is already fitting in well and joining in full training compared to the young kids who have been eased into it. If a senior spot open expect him or Mitch White to battle it out for that half back spot.

Only worry on Oliver is he dominated the TAC cup when majoirty of better talents were at State. Be interesting how he goes, Good luck to him.

These two bits are interesting, considering they directly contradict the biggest knocks on each of them pre-draft. Dunkley's disposal last year was deplorable and Collins was said to lack athleticism, including speed.

Players wanted to play TAC to get away from his dominate nature. "Draft Expert" lol.
The reason I said this is because you said Clayton was dominating the games where stars weren't playing but he still dominated late in the season when the carnival stars are back at their TAC cup club. Sier would have gone alot higher if he played consistent TAC cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason I said this is because you said Clayton was dominating the games where stars weren't playing but he still dominated late in the season when the carnival stars are back at their TAC cup club. Sier would have gone alot higher if he played consistent TAC cup.

I was joking.

Well yes he did play on Yarran that day.. because I was there and just used the stats as a indicator that he can actually play on him and quell his influence.

For the semi final, I believe it was a pretty even affair on the day and both players had there ups and downs. I wouldn't say 3 goals is a completely dominated performance to show that my point is wrong (that he can't play on agile types)

Liar I was there Adams didn't play on shane yarran.

Saints draftees:
GRESHAM: Working with the midfielders, has been excellent around stoppages & hasn't missed a beat. Will play early in the year.

WHITE: needs to build a tank, working with the backs and has a really great attitude towards being a professional athlete. VFL for 2016.

RICE: struggled early but is starting to cope with all the training loads now. Can't see him playing in the seniors next year.

O'KEARNEY: all the coaches love this kid, he's been killing it at training and they've actually had to hold him back. Very sligh frame though. Probably front runner to take the Carlisle spot at the moment.

COUGHLAN: key defender work in process. VFL 2016.

Saints draftees:
GRESHAM: Working with the midfielders, has been excellent around stoppages & hasn't missed a beat. Will play early in the year.

WHITE: needs to build a tank, working with the backs and has a really great attitude towards being a professional athlete. VFL for 2016.

RICE: struggled early but is starting to cope with all the training loads now. Can't see him playing in the seniors next year.

O'KEARNEY: all the coaches love this kid, he's been killing it at training and they've actually had to hold him back. Very sligh frame though. Probably front runner to take the Carlisle spot at the moment.

COUGHLAN: key defender work in process. VFL 2016.
Coughlan was superb for Footscray last year. Hopefully he builds on that form, good kid.

Early observations, purely not biased:

Schache: Will win the Coleman this season, will finish at least 20 goals higher than that Jesse Hogan hack.

Hipwood: Lock for All Australian Back or Forward, depends on which half he plays more in.

Keays: Rising Star, lock it in.

Mathisen: Will either be second in the Rising Star or equal first with Keays.

Skinner: All Australian CHB based on just 10 games where he keeps all forwards he plays on goalless.

Ok, but seriously, Schache will see games, Keays and Mathisen are looking like they've played AFL level for a few years already and Skinner/Hipwood are a season or two away from impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back