Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don’t get it either. Out of this whole first ever live trade thingy, probably the least interesting aspect is how RCD turns out. Out of other players drafted around pick 19, I’m far more interested Duursma myself.

Tambling and Franklin are compared due to being drafted next to each other. It wouldnt be unnatural for some people to compare RCD/Stocker for similar reasons.

Stocked being traded for Carltons first round pick, when they are projected to finish in a low position adds a layer of interest. It isnt unfair. If Carlton win 10+ games and Stocker plays well in the VFL/AFL they will be praised

Tambling and Franklin are compared due to being drafted next to each other. It wouldnt be unnatural for some people to compare RCD/Stocker for similar reasons.

Stocked being traded for Carltons first round pick, when they are projected to finish in a low position adds a layer of interest. It isnt unfair. If Carlton win 10+ games and Stocker plays well in the VFL/AFL they will be praised

Wouldn't you also compare this year's No. 1 pick with RCD and Stocker?

And yet Lids and Roughy weren’t, go figure. Hodge/Judd, Murphy/Pendlebury, Toumpas/Wines. Whenever a latter top pick shoots out the pack these comparisons get made, but it’s not always “next pick” where the interest lies and not often does it really extend out beyond the top 10.

In this more dynamic scenario of live trading, who was taken with pick 20 is probably one of the least interesting elements of this trade, expect perhaps for Richmond supporters. I’m way more interested in who finishes where next year, which players get taken with the pick swap, how Duursma goes compared with this mix and even where the Saints finish and who they take. All of these way more integral to this trade than how RCD develops.

On our first years players playing jlt this year

Duursma

Rnd 1 9d 1 goal

Rnd 2 24d

Butters

Rnd 1 25d

Rnd 2 14d 3 goals

Rozee

Rnd 1 6d 2 goals

Rnd 2 11d

Pretty damn happy so far.
All 3 looked pretty good to me in the matches they've played against the Crows, should be happy with those picks at this point in time.

Zak Butters been super impressive for the second week in a row now. He'll be right up there in the rising star.
Bailey Scott from North also looking like tremendous value for where they got him.

Scott will place in the RS If pre-season is anything to go by.

He has an elite level tank already, super footy brain, good skills and looks balanced AF in an AFL setting. Very impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressive for a young tall. Has certainly got a very well rounded game already.

Reasonably strong mark and he also knows where to lead. Not bad when the ball hits the ground either and most importantly he is an accurate kick. Only knock on him, and it is a small knock, he isn't a long kick. He seems most comfortable when he is within 40 metres of goal, might be able to kick 45m in a pinch but 50m is beyond him.

Reasonably strong mark and he also knows where to lead. Not bad when the ball hits the ground either and most importantly he is an accurate kick. Only knock on him, and it is a small knock, he isn't a long kick. He seems most comfortable when he is within 40 metres of goal, might be able to kick 45m in a pinch but 50m is beyond him.

Don't forget Blakey can also play through the midfield and play it quite well.
Could become one of and if not, the best player of his draft year.

Showed so much last year for Swans supporters to get excited about. Happy to call him as better than a pick #10

Don't forget Blakey can also play through the midfield and play it quite well.
Could become one of and if not, the best player of his draft year.

Showed so much last year for Swans supporters to get excited about. Happy to call him as better than a pick #10

Massive call given Walsh was in the same draft. He is something special, really special.

And yet Lids and Roughy weren’t, go figure. Hodge/Judd, Murphy/Pendlebury, Toumpas/Wines. Whenever a latter top pick shoots out the pack these comparisons get made, but it’s not always “next pick” where the interest lies and not often does it really extend out beyond the top 10.

The top 5 in the Deledio '04 draft were often compared though, and quite rigorously. Ditto Hodge/Judd/Ball.

Conca and Heppell ... players drafted before Fyfe, Cripps get a bit of stick too.

In this more dynamic scenario of live trading, who was taken with pick 20 is probably one of the least interesting elements of this trade, expect perhaps for Richmond supporters. I’m way more interested in who finishes where next year, which players get taken with the pick swap, how Duursma goes compared with this mix and even where the Saints finish and who they take. All of these way more integral to this trade than how RCD develops.

Most Richmond supporters don't give a rat's left testicle how good Stocker will or won't be. Unless he's good and then we'll hate him because he's Carlton. That is the way of footy universe.

Liam Stocker was strongly linked to Richmonds first draft pick by several phantom drafts even months out from the day. In various analysis it seemed realistic Richmond might attain stocker as he might have been the best mid option left around that stage. Hence some Richmond fans were taking an interest in him at early, prior to the Carlton/Adelaide live trade.

The top 5 in the Deledio '04 draft were often compared though, and quite rigorously. Ditto Hodge/Judd/Ball.

No they weren't, at least not the 5 you are thinking of.

The top 5 (Deledio, Roughead, Griffen, Tambling, Franklin) weren't actually the top 5 rated players at the time of their draft in 2004..............

Mitch Morton, Jesse Smith and Travis Cloke were all F/S picks in 2004.

Morton and Smith were both top 5 locks in 2004 if they weren't F/S picks, most had them in the top 3. Morton was an absolute star junior who was considered close to the no.1 pick and Jesse Smith was the Larke Medalist in 2004. Cloke more than likely would of been picked ahead of Tom Williams.

Franklin wouldn't of been picked in the top 5 in a current points system draft in 2004 based on where the players were rated leading into that draft.

This is what the 2004 top 10 was more like leading into that draft:

Deledio, Morton, Smith, Roughead, Griffen, Tambling, Franklin, Cloke, Williams, Lewis.

Last edited:
Massive call given Walsh was in the same draft. He is something special, really special.

I did watch a few games live in which Blakey was involved in last year and there was a hell of a lot to like.
The top end of last years draft was seriously good, but to have had Blakey too far away from the top few would have been remiss.
At then end of things, I had Blakey ahead of Lukosius and a genuine contender for being the number one pick and largely for his more aggressive nature.

Who knows for sure who will be proved to be best, because there are many good ones involved.......and then there's MKing.
Unfortunate we'll have to shelve discussing him in any real terms until next year now.

I did watch a few games live in which Blakey was involved in last year and there was a hell of a lot to like.
The top end of last years draft was seriously good, but to have had Blakey too far away from the top few would have been remiss.
At then end of things, I had Blakey ahead of Lukosius and a genuine contender for being the number one pick and largely for his more aggressive nature.

Who knows for sure who will be proved to be best, because there are many good ones involved.......and then there's MKing.
Unfortunate we'll have to shelve discussing him in any real terms until next year now.

I was about to say that this is because Blakey knows that a hit to his face is not going to make him look less attractive while Lukosius would be more concerned about that but having just looked at a photo of Lukosius neither he or Blakey will be able to fall back on a modelling contract if AFL doesn't work out.

I was about to say that this is because Blakey knows that a hit to his face is not going to make him look less attractive while Lukosius would be more concerned about that but having just looked at a photo of Lukosius neither he or Blakey will be able to fall back on a modelling contract if AFL doesn't work out.

That's not exactly the way I saw it and Lukosius will make for a wonderful player, but Blakey may hit harder and hurt more.
Just when I couldn't like Blakey any more, he went into the midfield and took the ball away from stoppages at will. That was seriously impressive.

Liam Stocker was strongly linked to Richmonds first draft pick by several phantom drafts ... Hence some Richmond fans were taking an interest in him

And as I said, that’s probably where it starts and stops, as a point of interest for Richmond fans. The rest of us don’t really give a crap, which is usually how it goes for pick 19’s and 20’s.

Funny watching everyone get exited about the kids.

Walsh is a jet as is Rankine but the bulldogs have a gem.
Inter club practice match played 3 quarters and had it 35 times.
Sunday played 1 and a half quarters and had it 12 times and kicked a goal in shocking conditions.

Watch Sunday when they let him loose on a wing in Ballarat everyone will be going crazy about him 33-1 for rising star get on.
he had it 12 disposals at 40%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back