Unofficial Preview Early thoughts: Round 5 vs Adelaide (SCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewett must go to Laird this week. He's not done a hell of a lot with the ball so far this year but his disciplined roles on McGovern, Whitfield and Johanissen have been excellent so far this year. He must get Laird, no two ways about it.

Betts looks like he'll miss so the annual Smith vs Betts match up might not take place. Rampe will go to Walker, Grundy (who had a pretty rough game for much of the day today) will go to Jenkins, Mills to McGovern.

I think Aliir will be retained forward as we need another tall up there.

If Rohan is right to play - who knows really - he'll come in for Newman. That's the only change i Can foresee.

Horse would have some major gall dropping AA.

Rory Laird is actually one of the very few players I'd be OK with getting off the chain against us if only because I love watching him play. I have him in my top 15 players in the comp. I know he's not THAT much of a star. But he should be. It's only because he's quiet and under the radar and a fair player and doesn't have stupid hair (Johannisen) or play for a Victorian side that he isn't a bigger deal.

So yeah, can we please put the clamps on him. Having nightmare visions of him driving them out of the back half of the SCG and getting it to their forwards in a matter of seconds.

In: Cameron / Marsh
Out: Newman / Jones (look disinterested)

Cameron into ruck
Sinclair forward
AA back into the one position he knows how to play
Mills into the ruck - time to let him loose

Wildcard - Amertey instead of Cameron

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Fox off everyone's radar now?

The cats will be tough

Better outfit than the dogs
I’ve got a different feel about the Cats. Their kids are obviously quality but their forwards and backs are dreadful. They’ve got a couple of guys like Henry and Guthrie down there who’ve played under 10 games. No Taylor or Henderson.
Their forward 50 entries are very low but efficient. I personally don’t rate them once you scratch the surface of that midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back