Unofficial Preview Early thoughts vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Cunningham out I'd trust Kieren to put a hard tag on Mitchell if that's what we want to do.

If not, give Dawson another crack.

Mitchell was one of the very few Swans that put his body on the line every week and didnt go to water, despite years of shonky treatment from the coach. He deserves our applause more than anything. The Swans let him down not the other way around in my opinion.

Very few Swans? Give me a spell. Tippett, and Cunningham. And McVeigh since he became a fossil. That's it. Every other Swan I can recall (even potatoes like Foote and Jesse White) were tough and played like they were proud to be Swans. I'd like to know which Swans you're aiming the "go to water" message at?

Mitchell was one of the very few Swans that put his body on the line every week and didnt go to water, despite years of shonky treatment from the coach. He deserves our applause more than anything. The Swans let him down not the other way around in my opinion.

Not many former players getting applauded by supporters of the team they left.

This. We undervalued Mitchell compared to how the Hawks valued him. He is not a mercenary but we were not in the same ballpark with figures. Plus, not just the money on offer the Hawks could offer him the opportunity to be the no. 1 mid. If he stayed at the Swans, he would not have been.

I do not see the point in booing him. He left, for what in my opinion were good reasons for him, especially from how he was valued by the Swans. He is a Hawk, I couldn't care less that he played for the Swans.

I'd get a cheeky smile if he got smashed in a good fair tackle and would probably cheer, but apart from that, meh.
Do you regularly attend Sydney games? Have you ever been at a game where the Sydney crowd has been offensive to a player?

We won't be booing Mitchell because he changed clubs to be the number 1 midfielder, or for more money, or because he secretly always wanted to play for Hawthorn... we are booing him because he doesn't play for us any more and when he comes back, he gets welcomed. He will be expecting it...

You are missing the point... the booing will not be about Mitchell, it will be about the returning player! He played for the Swans for years, he will know exactly what we are doing and will not be offended.

On Mitchell, I'd expect more noise in the form of jeers if he makes an error rather than sustained boos.

Rather just laugh at him and the club he's chosen personally.

Parker right now could get 40 and do no real harm. Parker of last year gets 40 and we'd win by 150. Their choice. No version of Tom Mitchell has been as damaging.

Parker has never been damaging with his disposal imo, a great little player none the less, but he cant hit targets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Mitchell, I'd expect more noise in the form of jeers if he makes an error rather than sustained boos.

Rather just laugh at him and the club he's chosen personally.
There won't be any sustained booing...

You guys must have heard us on TV surely? Tbh, I'm pretty offended that you guys all seem to believe that a Sydney crowd would behave like a that.

EDIT: Oops! My error, sorry, I did not read your post properly.

Booing Tom Mitchell ?
LOL , 90% of the crowd wouldn't even notice the biege player.
He never (IMO) held any position of fandom , was never lauded . Just dour accumulator with wreck foot.

No even I recognise that Mitchell had to learn to run defensively as well as offensively. He was a lazy player defensively when he came to the Swans. A prodigious talent but injury prone and lazy. He never defended. He left other players to do that. At AFL level that hurts big time as his player sets up or kicks goals. I too thought they were a bit hard on him but have since had a look at his early games and some NEAFL games he played and after the opposition gets the ball he stops. So maybe not so hard just teaching him about two way footy.

It is because of this that he is the player he is today.

On HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Parker has never been damaging with his disposal imo, a great little player none the less, but he cant hit targets
He's Robinson Crusoe. By the way he, Joey & Mitchell were all in the 60's in disposal efficiency career wise. Not much between them. Other than Mitchell being lazy defensively, which we beat out of him, his disposal was always sus.

He's Robinson Crusoe. By the way he, Joey & Mitchell were all in the 60's in disposal efficiency career wise. Not much between them. Other than Mitchell being lazy defensively, which we beat out of him, his disposal was always sus.

oh they are all ordinary

but people have red and white glasses on now and can only see Mitchells faults, eg people claiming he is lazy defensively.

oh they are all ordinary

but people have red and white glasses on now and can only see Mitchells faults, eg people claiming he is lazy defensively.
We said it when he was playing for the swans.
Even when he took his own footy

oh they are all ordinary

'Claiming he is lazy defensively' this statement is your problem. I never said 'he IS lazy defensively'. I said 'he WAS lazy defensively' which he was. It was one of two areas the club wanted him to work on. The other was his kicking to position. Please don't misquote.
If you didn't notice I also said 'he IS a prodigious talent' and far better for the extra work he did in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back