Unofficial Preview Early thoughts vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the injury report being released, it would appear Cunningham will be replaced by either Florent or Jack - given Robinson is out with a broken jaw and McVeigh will be back after the bye.

You'd have to lean towards Florent as Jack sounds like he might start back in the NEAFL. Fox might also be a possibility. Dawson didn't play at all last week so I imagine he's not in the running.
It could be good for Jordan, maybe being in great form and being fresh and rested will be a plus?

I would rather Florent than Dawson. Only on account of their past performances in the senior team. Dawson's only had the one crack and it was a very average game. Florent's done some great things at senior level. I'd rate his skills against Hawthorn and he seems the most obvious replacement for Cunningham's role.

Hi swans fans , i have a question ..
My mum has a swans red zone membership , can she swipe in at a gate for general admission seating ? Thanks in advance

Harry out for 6 weeks. Dawson didn't play last week...come on down Ollie!:)
Florent is the more like for like replacement but Dawson has played some great ressies football from what I've read, travelling emergency last week might mean is first cab off the rank. Either way im happy

My mum has a swans red zone membership , can she swipe in at a gate for general admission seating ? Thanks in advance
Yep, if she isn't on limited games, you just swipe your card on the way through.

Very few Swans? Give me a spell. Tippett, and Cunningham. And McVeigh since he became a fossil. That's it. Every other Swan I can recall (even potatoes like Foote and Jesse White) were tough and played like they were proud to be Swans. I'd like to know which Swans you're aiming the "go to water" message at?

Pretty much the entire 2014 grand final side apart from the ex Hawthornplayers in our team. Parker hasnt played a final yet so he isnt included.

'Claiming he is lazy defensively' this statement is your problem. I never said 'he IS lazy defensively'. I said 'he WAS lazy defensively' which he was. It was one of two areas the club wanted him to work on. The other was his kicking to position. Please don't misquote.
If you didn't notice I also said 'he IS a prodigious talent' and far better for the extra work he did in the reserves.

The other reason was his fitness. There was a lot of fear that that he would not be able to run out games after two missed pre-seasons. A lot of the much criticised games in reserves was to build fitness. I have no problem with him spending time in the reserves at that time. It was however a mistake to drop him in the finals.

Gerard Healy on On the Couch was fairly contemptuous of people criticising him following his 50 possessions. They showed some very good inside work and very skilled handballs to demonstrate just how much value he has. Definitely prodigious.

No. I'd suggest you buy red zone guest passes - if there are any left. She will get discounted tickets for you to the red zone or she can upgrade to other areas and sit with you. In Red Zone you can get access to the bay next to the Hawks supporters.

I'm confused as to why you guys have turned on Tom Mitchell so quickly, when he was one of the few performers in the finals series (along with Kennedy). The only reason he's at the Hawks is because Tippet and Franklin ate up a lot of the money that should have been given to him as a pay rise for having a legitimate break out year. I barracked for the Swans in the GF against the chuckers, and it's a little bit disheartening to see so much disrespect between two teams sharing a great rivalry.

Regardless, I came to ask a question; do you all feel as though Franklin will be the one who puts us to the sword? It'll be more likely Tippett - big contested marks are hurting us these days and that's one thing Buddy has always been useless at. I'm betting on 6 goals to Tippett, 1.4 to Franklin.

Tippet will be lucky to have 6 disposals let alone 6 goals.

Mitchell is at the Hawks because Sydney rated him behind a whole host of other midfielders we had and we wanted to lock in. Kennedy, Parker, Hanners, Heeney, Callum Mills, etc.

Hawthorn offered far more money and more opportunity. Mitchell would have been no long term guarantee for a game each week at Sydney

I agree Florent fits the Cunningham role better than Dawson but don't think the outside role has as much impact at home. Dawson deserves his second shot too.

The other reason was his fitness. There was a lot of fear that that he would not be able to run out games after two missed pre-seasons. A lot of the much criticised games in reserves was to build fitness. I have no problem with him spending time in the reserves at that time. It was however a mistake to drop him in the finals.

Gerard Healy on On the Couch was fairly contemptuous of people criticising him following his 50 possessions. They showed some very good inside work and very skilled handballs to demonstrate just how much value he has. Definitely prodigious.
I agree. This is where he proved he was ready. He was working both says as his possessions attest. I also agree he should have played finals.

On HUAWEI Y560-U23 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. I'd suggest you buy red zone guest passes - if there are any left. She will get discounted tickets for you to the red zone or she can upgrade to other areas and sit with you. In Red Zone you can get access to the bay next to the Hawks supporters.
Discounted seating in Red Zone what rubbish. GA is about $30 but if I get Red Zone Guest tickets they are $45 but with agency fee is $51

Tippet will be lucky to have 6 disposals let alone 6 goals.

Mitchell is at the Hawks because Sydney rated him behind a whole host of other midfielders we had and we wanted to lock in. Kennedy, Parker, Hanners, Heeney, Callum Mills, etc.

Hawthorn offered far more money and more opportunity. Mitchell would have been no long term guarantee for a game each week at Sydney
No it wasn't because we rated him behind them that he left. We could not match $850,000/year.

As Micky said above, I don't believe she can swipe into GA which enters thru gate E, Red Zone thru Gate A.

I have mates in Melb who are AFL gold members. When they come to Sydney, they can only swipe into the red zone, not GA...
Really , ok thanks
What about platinum memberships ?

I've never booed an ex player for being N ex player. Just don't see the point of it. Would you boo an ex employee if they came back and visited your work?

The whole thing is quite boring.

I'm more excited at the prospect of giving the horks a damn good hiding. I'd also just accept a win:$

If Nosey can kick 3 or 4 then I think he will be back to his best, which makes our midfield look very formidable going into the second half of the season. I like the thought of that a lot.

Discounted seating in Red Zone what rubbish. GA is about $30 but if I get Red Zone Guest tickets they are $45 but with agency fee is $51

Bad wording there. Red Zone guest pass is $45. As a member, you can get a discount on tickets - 15% so his/her mother would be able to get a discount on other tickets. Is actually what I meant. She can also upgrade so you can sit with others if all the guest passes are gone which they probably are by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back