FTA-TV Earth 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
21 episodes then cancelled in 1994-95. Was on television here in 1995.

Probably the first adult/family show I remember watching. At the time as a young child I was disturbed by Gaal getting pulled underground by Terrians, and Danziger trapped in that claustrophobic, cobwebby tunnel underground. Those parts I remembered through the years. Was always intrigued to return as an older viewer (ala Return to Oz which left a similar mark on me)

Revisited this recently and I just love it. I think the ratings suffered because the Pilot was such a delectable space crew type beginning, and then through bait-and-switch it quickly became apparent the rest of the series would be colonists traipsing across a barren continent of M*A*S*H-esque terrain to prepare/rendezvous New Pacifica colony. Viewers dropped off rapidly given the persistent lo-fi campsite setting, but the show quickly fell into a winsome groove.

The ensemble casting mix works together so well, every character is lovable, the relations with the indigenous creatures are interesting. At least 3 pretty great female characters. Glad to see how well this stands up. Was expecting something more outdated or networky like Stargate or Sliders or Lost, but Earth 2 has a bit of class and warmth to it which I quite enjoyed. Sad to read about the subsequent health problems of the actress who played True (she needed a heart replacement and then died in 2006 shortly after her honeymoon).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back