HawkXNtric

Team Captain
Jan 9, 2007
Country Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Yep, felt it near Bendigo this morning. House shook for about 10 seconds. Very distinctive, you think "what the heck is that?" then you realise it can only be an earth tremor. It woke up both of our teenagers!
I think it's been about 30 years since the last one we felt in this area and that one was only a 3-4 magnitude. Weird to think that the quake this morning was recorded as stronger than the Newcastle quake in 1989 (5.6).

The hands of stone

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was in Morwell for work . Was bizarre .
Sounded like a huge wind gust then shaking for 10-12 seconds.
Shed was shaking and my clients ute shifted around a foot down the driveway.

We looked at each other blankly , the 4yo kid thought it was the best thing ever .

arupist

Premium Platinum
Oct 2, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Didn't feel this one in Sydney. Remember back in the 80s living in Wodonga there was one that woke me up with a jolt to jump out of bed.

The worst was in Manila 20 odd years ago. Was asleep in a high rise (20th) floor. Building shook and swayed. Couldn't keep balance walking on the floor. There were some buildings that collapsed. That one was scary. And I was lucky my building stayed upright. Building standards are not all that great in Philippines. Oddly, when it was over I just shrugged and went back to bed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad