Unsolved Easey St Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

My guts pretty good when it comes to things , how's yours ?
Especially when this transpired after it was run on the front page of the herald sun

Chopper Read and some others in jail even had an opinion on who did this. A criminal who was living in the area apparently.

Not sure I'd want to talk to people about this out and about or in the pub, I might be inclined to dodge the conversation?

Chopper Read and some others in jail even had an opinion on who did this. A criminal who was living in the area apparently.

Not sure I'd want to talk to people about this out and about or in the pub, I might be inclined to dodge the conversation?
Why you grew up in the area and would of had to heard of it , pretty big news ...

Shellyg put me on to this page of podcasts after mention it in the Siriyakorn 'Bung' Siriboon thread.
“Life and Crimes with Andrew Rule” Sunday herald Sun columnist.
The horror at Easey Street is the fourth one down, a lot of the information has already been mentioned in this thread.

https://seneca.whooshkaa.com/shows/life-and-crimes-with-andrew-rule

Thanks. I was going to post that here but I'd thrown so many of his podcasts up over this forum was a bit worried it might start looking like spam. :D

After listening to Andrew Rules podcast - i think his scenario ( 1 of 2) that they have got the wrong DNA makes logic

The million on offer hasnt done anything so far - i dont think they will ever solve it - unless a relative of the offender is waiting for that person to die before spilling the beans

Just one thing - and its from memory - and i could be totally wrong - and i havent bothered researching it - - but from the day of the murders - till the day the bodies were discovered - there was a gap of about 3-4 days . And what my memory is telling me - is that there was The Age newspaper after the murder date - and someone had sat at the kitchen and read it . I might be totally wrong their - might have been another case - but if that did transpire - that baby in the cot was a bloody good sleeper

Just one thing - and its from memory - and i could be totally wrong - and i havent bothered researching it - - but from the day of the murders - till the day the bodies were discovered - there was a gap of about 3-4 days . And what my memory is telling me - is that there was The Age newspaper after the murder date - and someone had sat at the kitchen and read it . I might be totally wrong their - might have been another case - but if that did transpire - that baby in the cot was a bloody good sleeper
that was this case,nobody has come up with an explaination for that yet

A friend of mine used to live in this house. I too find it odd that people could enter the house at the back and not notice too bodies and blood etc...

However I have been to the house. When you enter the front door you immediately enter the hallway. To the right is one of the bedrooms, a little further up the hall is the other bedroom to the right. The hallway opens up into a small lounge and kitchen area to the right. The back door is right at the kitchen. It could certainly be the case that you'd enter the kitchen and not see down the hallway. You'd have to walk into the lounge area at least to partially see down the hall - depending where the couches and furniture is.

As for ghost stories my friend had no spooky experiences in the house.

I'd like to know what Ye source of DNA was from. Was it semen found on Ms Armstrong or was it from blood? Why rape one and not the other? I think this crime has more to do with Ms Armstrong than Ms Bartlett and I think it was quite personal. I think Ms Bartlett purely got in the way or wasn't expected to be home at the time.

Back in my undergraduate days around 1994 I went to a party at the house, (friends of friends were living there); with no knowledge of the crime.

It creeps me out to think I crashed in the hallway.

...Something about 1975 disappearance of Julie Ann Garciacelay (1955-1975).

Same person at both scenes?
john grant,truth newspaper journalist,he would be the arthur leigh allen of this crime,tantalizing,but not the guy

How did these guys get access to this ‘library’? What is a so called professional journalist doing with these guys after hours? This stinks.

Attachments

• 420724B8-3638-4815-B94F-74EB72F79251.jpeg
    420724B8-3638-4815-B94F-74EB72F79251.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 310

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Peter Brock.

This Sep 2021 article on PB is rather interesting https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/peter-brock-requiem-for-a-champion in terms of his approach to women...

Also interesting, Peter Brock sold his Team Brock Racing Team to car dealer Bill Patterson in late 1976 due to financial pressure, and Brocks 1976 Bathurst Torana is still missing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-24-01-33-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-24-01-33-28.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
John Grant was at his girlfriends place next door. She said she woke up to see Grant getting ready for work and his clothes were clean

I theorise if it was Grant he went next door naked and showered after
If one of the girls was a bit loose with her choice of partner and a few people had that knowledge then Grant can’t be ruled out. I still think Grant did a deal with VicPol where he wouldn’t broadcast stories on police corruption and they would not charge him with 1975 Garciaelay or 1977. Just a thought. The July day Julie Garcia died, Grant and his two crook mates were ‘researching Police Corruption’ at Julie’s work. This stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:
interesting read

i really like john joseph power for this & like me in an earlier post here they speculate as to where he was this night(also tommy collins),he was not in jail

watching one of those podcasts it was stated that in the 1975 disappearance that 2 of grant power and collins went out for pizza leaving julie with 1 of them,when the 2 returned julie had"gone out",the 3 men waited a while then left,it was not stated which of the 3 stayed with her,id have a fortune on the fact that it was power,but its also stated that she didnt like collins

grant is the only one alive and seems hes not talking to fill in the blanks,but i really like that theory that power or collins possibly came to join grant and the 2 female neighbours that found the bodies,got side tracked next door and did the deed,like it said in that read,he certainly had the form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back