Easiest Club Double Up Matches!

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea but a lot of big Melbourne club double ups are purely to maximise revenue instead of making fixtures more difficult when their ladder position calls for it and I’m not just referring to Richmond here.

We've had the Tigers twice 2 if the last 3 years. You do have a point, we never had a Pies double up, but The Tigers are regular visitors to Spotless. :cool:Probably never want to go to Manuka again though. They also provide an MCG game for us regularly. Bit harsh to be ragging on them.

Typically we get top Non Vic clubs like yourselves and I think that's because you fill the stadium for your home leg, opposition support doesn't matter. There's a fair chance the Tigers MCG game will look like a good matchup but on the past record about 30k is the most that will turn out.

No idea but a lot of big Melbourne club double ups are purely to maximise revenue instead of making fixtures more difficult when their ladder position calls for it and I’m not just referring to Richmond here.
But is there really an issue with Richmond's double ups?
We missed the GF, therefore we probably shouldn't have the hardest double ups.
We play the beaten GF team, another PF team and another team who wasn't that great due to injury but still expected to go close this year.

You want to know why I brought up the Eagles?
They play twice:
Collingwood
Freo
Adelaide
Melbourne
Hawthorn

That's the same number of top 6 and bottom 6 sides as the Tigers, but there's no complaints on their fixture?
It's the same rules being followed here.

I don't understand how top of the ladder Richmond get to play Carlton and Port Adelaide twice in 2019.

They won the flag in 2017 and in 2018 they also had easy double ups.

So 2 years running they don't get the draw of a top team.
While Collingwood plays Melb, Rich, WCE, Dogs twice after finishing 3rd.

Last year we had Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Port and Fremantle twice + West Coast in Perth.

Seemed reasonable at the time. Collingwood, Hawthorn and West Coast weren’t seen as a threat at all. Ended up being 3 of the top 4 + premiers away.

You can only tell well into the season.

We travel a lot more. Also, you
But is there really an issue with Richmond's double ups?
We missed the GF, therefore we probably shouldn't have the hardest double ups.
We play the beaten GF team, another PF team and another team who wasn't that great due to injury but still expected to go close this year.

You want to know why I brought up the Eagles?
They play twice:
Collingwood
Freo
Adelaide
Melbourne
Hawthorn

That's the same number of top 6 and bottom 6 sides as the Tigers, but there's no complaints on their fixture?
It's the same rules being followed here.
guys finished on top of the ladder in the H&A season, you probably should have the hardest double ups.

Also I saw mention of the Vic media stating Collingwood have a tough start but their first 4 games are at the ‘G. Seems a bit laughable really.

We travel a lot more. Also, you

guys finished on top of the ladder in the H&A season, you probably should have the hardest double ups.

Also I saw mention of the Vic media stating Collingwood have a tough start but their first 4 games are at the ‘G. Seems a bit laughable really.
You travel more. You also get more travelling teams visit you, with genuine home games, so it's not all bad.

Also Premiers are deemed to be the best team of the year, you cant pick and choose when you want to have that tag only when it suits.

Eagles and Tigers have double ups according to the same rules, but as usual the whinging only goes one way against one team, with no considerations of anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back