East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting to see if EF give some youngsters a last minute opportunity to show their wares v WCE....pretty sure the coach has his preferred 22 already worked out mate....be good to see some youngsters in Gorringe, Walker and Haddow get a chance....can see Snadden and Bockman playing....even reserves 2021 F&B Jacob Ah Chee as well.

Good win by the boys over WCE, obviously not the best side WCE will put out on the park in 2021, but hey kicking 15 goals in any game of footy these days is a plus. Seems like O'Reilly and Bockman pushed their cases for next week v Peel, youngsters in Williams(17), Gorringe(18) and Haddow(18) didn't look out of place either..

Food for thought for the coaching team next week at the selection table....first time in ages EF go into a H&A season with a preseason win under their belts.

Reuben McGuire will make his league debut in the annual Good Friday clash, alongside recruits Josh Schoenfeld, Luke English and Corey Chalmers. Jonathon Marsh and Dillion O’Reilly return to the Sharks senior side after a couple of years in the AFL system.

Nineteen-year-old McGuire’s debut comes off the back of impressive performances in our pre-season clashes, where he didn’t look out of place against some tough opposition.

Speaking about his debut, Reuben said he was feeling a mix of emotions.

“I’m definitely excited and relieved but I am also slightly nervous,” McGuire said.

“Overall, I am ready to get out there and play my role.”

At 196 cm, Reuben is an athletic key position player. He pressed his case for debut in 2020 and was unlucky not to get his chance in the shortened season.

Don't forget the Futures won as well mate...4 from 4....haven't done that for years. Great start to the season across all grades. The Futures kept their unbeaten record intact with an easy win. The colts came out of the gates firing early, stagnated for a bit, then came home to win the game. The reserves had 29 scoring shots for 9.20....opportunity missed for a big win, but hey 4 points in the bag none the less.

The league started hot in the first with a 6 goal first stanza....lost the plot in the second but snuck a goal deep in the second quarter to regain the lead going in to half time. EF regrouped and dominated the 3rd quarter, really should of put the match to bed with a few posters etc...kicking 6.8.....comfortable 5 goal lead going into the last....kept Peel to two goals,whilst kicking two as well. 30 odd point win, 4 points in the bag....very very early days, but some real positives with Schoenfeld, English, Chalmers, O'Reilly and Marsh v Peel....Great effort right across the board....lots of good numbers and most importantly back to back 15 goal efforts in EF last two games....onwards and upwards one can only hope.

Repeat of last years game....nothing in it at 3/4 time, then Subi runs over the top to ease to a 5 goal win. Strnadica seems to be thriving in the number 1 rucking position, 40 odd hot outs, 20 odd disposals and a goal looks like a good all round performance....Dixon came in last minute for LesterSmith and picked up a 15 odd possessions, didn't hit the scoreboard, hopefully that will come as the season progresses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unprofessional acts, especially in the last quarter , cost us a chance of winning.

English a very skilful player.
Murdock always good.
Dixon mobile for a KP. Took some good marks.
They seemed to have a tag on Schoenfeld.

I would have thought Ryan could get a game ahead of Bockman.

That long goalless period after the first 3 goals was frustrating

Unprofessional acts, especially in the last quarter , cost us a chance of winning.

English a very skilful player.
Murdock always good.
Dixon mobile for a KP. Took some good marks.
They seemed to have a tag on Schoenfeld.

I would have thought Ryan could get a game ahead of Bockman.

That long goalless period after the first 3 goals was frustrating
Is the streaming service of FRS live or only available as a replay

I guess Marsh will go back to cover Jupp andana, especially v Keitel next week, Tucker will be back, good opportunity for youngsters in Davidson and McGuire to step up as well. Disappointing last quarter, after a great 3/4 kicking 8 goals....coughed up a 59 point 3/4 time lead to eventually win by just over 4 goals....but I guess a 2/1 win/loss would of been taken 3 weeks ago....Dixon impressing as well.

Great wins by the reserves and colts....can see Tucker, Davies and Murphy getting back in next week.....maybe even Jack Williams may get a look at after that match winning 5.3 effort in the colts game.....

Last two games gave up three goals in the first six minutes of last quarter.

Dixon needs to ease up until after the midseason draft is over.

Murdock gets better every game. At one stage he sprinted to the interchange only for another player wanting to get off.
Murdock just turned around and went back into the midfield.

Last two games gave up three goals in the first six minutes of last quarter.

Dixon needs to ease up until after the midseason draft is over.

Murdock gets better every game. At one stage he sprinted to the interchange only for another player wanting to get off.
Murdock just turned around and went back into the midfield.
Last two games one I watched live the other on the Tele for some reason they completely go away from their game plan at 3/4 time
When you have dominant key forwards in marsh Dixon and to a lesser extent o’reilly why would you stop sending traffic their way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back