East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No games allowed, means EF will stay in the five for another week too andana.....disappointing for all concerned the Anzac weekend of footy has been cancelled......apparently to be played during the weekend of the State game.....

Luke Jackson has become the third West Aussie in five weeks to earn an AFL Rising Star nomination.

The East Fremantle and Bullcreek-Leeming product was rewarded for his career-best performance in Melbourne’s victory over North Melbourne in Hobart on Sunday.

The 19-year-old ruck/forward amassed a career-high 22 possessions to go with seven hit-outs and a goal as the Demons continued their unbeaten start to the season.

Yeah disappointing break for Murdock, I believe English and Schoenfeld will be back, Ryan should come in as well....O'Reilly got concussed so he is out, does that see young Jack Williams get a debut with no colts or reserves games...he did play in the pre season match v WCE kicking 2....Boekhorst was a bit proppy with an ankle so he may be out too.

Yeah disappointing break for Murdock, I believe English and Schoenfeld will be back, Ryan should come in as well....O'Reilly got concussed so he is out, does that see young Jack Williams get a debut with no colts or reserves games...he did play in the pre season match v WCE kicking 2....Boekhorst was a bit proppy with an ankle so he may be out too.
I would like to see Williams get a go. I would like to see him come out and show how good he is at League level. It will lift him up the draft rankings. I thought he showed what he can do, albeit only once, in the AFL u18 game. when I watched him on Saturday in Colts he sticks out due to his size but was playing on kids who are below average and it was hard to get a gauge of where he really is at. He could be as good as Logan McDonald was last year but we can only tell that if he plays league. It would be good to see him in a higher level competition. I think he will go alright

Yeah saw that but playing league and playing well would see him rise up even more. As will playing well in the U19 where all the KEy forwards will be on display. He has the advantage of having a solid end to the 2020 campaign thanks to WA kids being able to play footy. The Vics are just coming into their own now after no footy in 2020. East Freo could all but stamp his draft success card by allowing him to play league just like Perth did with McDonald last year.

Totally agree mate, sadly Jackson and Rivers never got a chance in 2019, yet Sharp did....with O'Reilly out this weekend, perfect opportunity for the coaching team to give the kid ago....considering there is no tall KP forward in the reserves at the moment kicking regular goals either.....the coaching staff really should live a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Jesus

For the second time in two matches, the Sharks will be unveiling a debutant in 18-year-old Finn Gorringe.

Gorringe has been named in the back pocket and is coming off a fantastic season in the Colts in 2020 where he averaged above 20 disposals a match.

The defender has started the 2021 season well in the Reserves, averaging 15 disposals, eight marks and two tackles a game.

Last years Colts Best and Fairest is a hard at it type who defends strongly and is good in the clinches. He has been a regular member of the extended squad in 2021 and has finally broken through for his debut game.

Good debut for the young fella from all reports, though disappointing result, 2 less scoring shots, 1 more inside 50....yet lose by 42 points.....Cl kicked straight in the wet, EF didn't, despite being the home side....

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos have signed punter Max Duffy, the team announced Monday.
The rookie player appeared in 34 games in three years for the Kentucky Wildcats and is the school's all-time leading punter with a 46-yard career average. Duffy averaged an FBS-best 48.1 yards per punt in 2019 and won the Ray Guy Award as the nation's best punter.
Duffy was a first-team All-American in 2019, while he earned second-team All-SEC honors during his final collegiate season.
An Australia native, Duffy was the No. 1 punting prospect in 2018.
The 6-foot-1, 190-pound player was undrafted in this year's NFL Draft and joins a special teams unit in Denver that includes punter Sam Martin. In his first year in Denver, Martin averaged 46.8 yards per punt, which ranked 10th in the NFL.

Another 25 min brain fade, this time in the 2nd quarter, resulting in SD kicking 8 goals to 2, thus opening up a match winning lead, which they comfortably maintained and extended at the end.....can't afford this with the depth EF has, similar occurrence v Perth and Cl.....something the coach and players need to address, if they don't maybe the deciding factor in the coach not getting a contract extension....well done SD.

Melbourne young gun Trent Rivers has become the third East Fremantle product and fourth West Aussie to earn an AFL Rising Star nomination this season.

The second-year Demon joins WA teammates Luke Jackson (round seven), Chad Warner (round three) and Subiaco export Mitch Georgiades (round five) as WA’s hopefuls for the award after getting the round 11 nod.

Rivers hasn’t missed a game this season, averaging 16 disposals and four marks to cement his spot across half-back for the ladder leaders.

Pick 32 in the 2019 national draft, the 19-year-old played nine games in his debut year after a round-two berth alongside close friend Jackson.

Melbourne young gun Trent Rivers has become the third East Fremantle product and fourth West Aussie to earn an AFL Rising Star nomination this season.

The second-year Demon joins WA teammates Luke Jackson (round seven), Chad Warner (round three) and Subiaco export Mitch Georgiades (round five) as WA’s hopefuls for the award after getting the round 11 nod.

Rivers hasn’t missed a game this season, averaging 16 disposals and four marks to cement his spot across half-back for the ladder leaders.

Pick 32 in the 2019 national draft, the 19-year-old played nine games in his debut year after a round-two berth alongside close friend Jackson.
I really like how Rivers goes about his business. EF know how to produce half back flankers. They do it very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back