East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

EF should have found a Nads replacement by now, the fact that he has stayed on at WCE even after the injury was a telling sign

Dixon is going to be hard to replace though, almost certain he gets signed if Darling doesn't do a sensational backflip.

andana....EF were talking with an experienced ruckman, problem was it was all dependent on Strnadica actually getting the nod....which WCE have not actually given, despite the obvious sign that Strnadica will get the nod, by being the only train on to have such an extended run......sadly looks like EF will lose both......I think losing Dixon last minute will hurt as well......ditto Joyce.

SHARKS WELCOME JEREMY GODDARD​

Friday, March 4, 2022 - 1:00 PM

auv718o40t2s_250.png

Sharks Welcome Jeremy Goddard
East Fremantle are pleased to announce the signing of Jeremy Goddard for the 2022 season.
Originally from the Marist JFC, Jeremy joins East Fremantle from the Frankston Football Club in the VFL. Previously, Goddard played 31 games for Claremont in the WAFL, leading the competition in hit outs and hit outs to advantage over the 2019 and 2020 seasons.
A hard working ruckman, Goddard provides another option for Bill Monaghan and his coaching staff following the loss of key forward, Hugh Dixon, who this week signed with the West Coast Eagles.
Goddard, who trained with the team at New Choice Homes Park last night, is excited to play at the club where his old mentor, Percy Johnson, played.
“Percy was a key figure in my development as a ruckman and he always spoke highly of Bill Monaghan and the club. Having sat down with Bill and Brad Dodd and talking about the club and my prospects, I’m excited to join the group- its a young, exciting squad with a high level of talent. I can’t wait to meet them all and getting to work. ”
Goddard, who has just started working with Liebherr as a mobile plant apprentice, believes he has a lot to offer the team.
“I believe I can provide our mids with first look at stoppages as well as provide a strong physical presence in the air and on the ground. It’s a strong midfield group and I’m looking forward to creating a good partnership with them.”
East Fremantle welcomes Jeremy Goddard, his wife Kerin and his 2 kids, Arlo and Milla, to the Shark family.
East Fremantle plays its first practice game at New Choice Homes Park on Saturday March 19th v East Perth.

HEIGHT​

203 cm

WEIGHT​

100 kg

STRENGTHS: Physicality, contested marking, defensive pressure, readymade
IMPROVEMENTS: Speed, endurance

Goddard was that experienced ruck EF had on the back burner whilst waiting for WCE to decide on their SSP top ups....Goddard definitely will help EF tall brigade no end.....not sure if Strnadica or Joyce will go, but definitely feeling better with Goddard on board.....

Think Teakle with his athleticism could play as a key forward, but then so could Marsh...McGuire is definitely talented and mobile enough to play tall up back or forward.....definitely options.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2022 Senior Leadership Group was announced at the Season Launch on Thursday March 17th at the WACA.

Matthew Jupp will once again Captain the Sharks.

Jupp, a veteran of 141 WAFL games, enters his 2nd season as skipper. A proud East Fremantle person, Matthew is honoured and excited to once again lead the side.

“I’m really looking forward to leading this group of players for the 2022 season. The responsibility and honour of captaining the club isn’t lost on me. As a leadership group, we’ve been fixing our attention on the things that we can control. We have attacked the pre-season full of effort and intensity and we’re all looking forward to playing opposition this weekend.”

Last years Vice Captain, Jarrad Jansen, is joined by Josh Schoenfeld and Jonathon Marsh in an extended Leadership Group. Jansen has been a regular fixture in the Leadership group over the past 3 seasons and continues offer fantastic support to Matthew

Obviously only a scratch match, but good to see Leggett tried up front, great kick and kicked 8 v EF a few years back when playing for Perth. Reckon about 7-8 best 22 players were not playing I the league scratching....Jupp, O'Reilly, Schoenfeld, Murdock, Boekhorst are definitely best 22, McGuire on the cusp, whilst Goddard, MacDonald and Williamson played in the reserves match, will push for a best 22 spot. Great to see young Hagan get a mention in the reserves best, at 17, have high hopes the young lad may get some league exposure.

Obviously only a scratch match, but good to see Leggett tried up front, great kick and kicked 8 v EF a few years back when playing for Perth. Reckon about 7-8 best 22 players were not playing I the league scratching....Jupp, O'Reilly, Schoenfeld, Murdock, Boekhorst are definitely best 22, McGuire on the cusp, whilst Goddard, MacDonald and Williamson played in the reserves match, will push for a best 22 spot. Great to see young Hagan get a mention in the reserves best, at 17, have high hopes the young lad may get some league exposure.

Don’t know his name but a 17 year old played league in the backline.

Women in good form

EAST FREMANTLE 12.16 (88) defeated WEST PERTH 1.0 (6)

It was the only undefeated and winless teams in the WAFLW competition locking horns at East Fremantle's New Choice Homes Park on Sunday.

The Sharks have started the 2022 season on fire after missing finals last year scoring wins against Swan Districts, Claremont and Peel Thunder coming into Sunday's clash with West Perth.

The Falcons are new to life in WAFLW this year and haven’t had the easiest starts against South Fremantle, Swan Districts and Claremont coming into Sunday's game with East Fremantle.

East Fremantle was determined to make an early statement of its intentions to remain the last remaining undefeated team in the competition. They showed their wares in the first quarter with four goals while holding West Perth scoreless.

Looking on the wafl.com.au match centre stats thread, Cleaver doesn't appear in any of the league, reserves or colts teams that played EP on Sat.

What a rabble and embarrassment the WCE are, with WCER canceling a preseason footy match, only weeks out from the season start....what if it happens again during the actual H&A season? I just wish WCE would just swallow their ego and if no club wants to align with them, just allocate your players amongst the other WAFL clubs bar Peel. At least then Simpson will know his 2nd tier guys are guaranteed a run each weekend.

What a rabble and embarrassment the WCE are, with WCER canceling a preseason footy match, only weeks out from the season start....what if it happens again during the actual H&A season? I just wish WCE would just swallow their ego and if no club wants to align with them, just allocate your players amongst the other WAFL clubs bar Peel. At least then Simpson will know his 2nd tier guys are guaranteed a run each weekend.
I'd love to s**t on the Eagles, don't get me wrong but its not really their fault, there are laws for isolation and if players are isolating then they can't play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back