East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

State 18's

Jumper Presentation​

Jed Hagan #2

Koen Sanchez #3

Jack Cleaver #22

r0bwlrv30fto.jpg

Well done to all three plus EF sole representative in the U16 state squad Jacob Calabrese.

Pity Cleaver and Sanchez are tied up playing PSA footy for Aquinas most weeks...don't think Sanchez has played a colts game this year.

Port Adelaide AFLW recruit Julia Teakle will miss the first week of pre-season as she finishes off uni exams before heading to South Australia.

The club announced the signing of the 18-year-old from Geraldton on Thursday but Teakle says it's been a few weeks in the making.

"It was nice to have it finally released," she said.

She will join her cousin Brynn who was picked up by Port Adelaide in the mid-season draft last week.

"Him being at Port Adelaide now definitely played a part in my decision to come over," she said.

Well done to all three plus EF sole representative in the U16 state squad Jacob Calabrese.

Pity Cleaver and Sanchez are tied up playing PSA footy for Aquinas most weeks...don't think Sanchez has played a colts game this year.
Jack Cleaver finished school last year, i’m pretty sure he’s injured that’s why he hasn’t been playing lately

Another outstanding performance by our defenders especially the contested marking by Jupp and Bailey
Don't know why Gorringe was in reserves.
Need O'Reilly back. Can't keep swapping ruck and KPF
Sadly I think O'Reilly may be out for a while....got no other option but to alternate Ruck - CHF or CHB....look at the reserves starting ruck - Feist and he is only 190cm.

Great win, long last quarter for some reason - went to 32 mins. A lot of momentum swinging over the game, did help with Knott(4.5), Keitel(0.3) and Dobson(1.3) all kicking inaccurately for goal....but hey that's footy. Good spread of goal kickers again with Leggett leading the way with 5 goals....

EF defence has been fantastic this year, continuity helps.....Murdock and Eardley keep finding the footy each week, quiet one from Boekhorst yesterday.....with Baskerville, Schoenfeld and O'Reilly to come back.....Can't afford to lose any existing talls though....the club is running nearly on empty in term of talls over 195 cm...

Cody Leggett was outstanding for the Sharks booting five goals in the victory and Captain Matthew Jupp was equally impressive down back.

Jupp kept the one of the league’s best forwards in Keitel goalless in the game contributing to his 20-possession, 10-mark performance as the Sharks announced themselves as true challengers in the competition.

Sharks Captain Matthew Jupp said he was happy to beat the top side in West Perth. “It was a very emotional game. Today the way we honoured Jayde was the most important part of the day and then to knock off the best team in the competition is the icing on the cake”.

“We played poorly at times especially when we had the chance to close the game out”, said Jupp. “It is really good to be on the other side of close games. We are in a good position where we can learn with a smile whilst we are winning”.

The Sharks take on Claremont next week at the WACA and Jupp said he welcomes the challenge of playing another top side. “It doesn’t come any easier. We roll into playing Claremont next week and we welcome the challenge”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PLAYER OF THE ROUND – MATTHEW JUPP (EAST FREMANTLE)

The timing couldn’t be better for East Fremantle captain Matthew Jupp to be in some of the best form of his career as part of the best Sharks team he's been part of and he's about to earn life membership of his club this coming weekend.

Jupp made his East Fremantle debut in 2013 with the Sharks coming off playing in the Grand Final of 2012 so he had every reason to expect to be part of some success.

However, 149 games into his career now and he has only played in two finals and they were both in 2014 with a first semi-final win against Swan Districts and heartbreaking preliminary final loss to Subiaco where the Sharks kicked 7.26 and lost by five points.

That was the closest Jupp has been to any success to East Fremantle, but that could be about to change with the Sharks now sitting on top of the WAFL ladder after Round 8 following Saturday's two-point win against West Perth at the WACA Ground.

Jupp spent the majority of the afternoon matched up with West Perth spearhead and reigning Bernie Naylor Medallist Tyler Keitel, and the pair had a good battle but the fact that Jupp helped keep Keitel goalless was a big factor in the result even if he had 20 touches and seven marks.

Jupp was outstanding once more leading East Fremantle from the front from full-back and finished the afternoon with 20 possessions and 10 marks.

It continued an outstanding run of form by the Sharks skipper with his team now sitting percentage clear on top of the ladder and it's going to be another big occasion for him on Saturday when Claremont is the opponents at the WACA Ground.

The 28-year-old will be playing his 150th game for East Fremantle to see him earn life membership at the Sharks

Teakle debuting for Port this week, what a rise from the big fella
PORT Adelaide will throw mid-season recruit Brynn Teakle straight into the deep end this week, with the ruckman named to make his AFL debut just 17 days after being recruited to the Power.

Teakle kicked three goals in his first SANFL appearance for the club last weekend, enough for the 22-year-old to leapfrog fellow youngster Sam Hayes and into the starting ruck position for Saturday's clash with the Swans.

Teakle, a 203cm and 97kg ruckman who can also play forward, was recruited to the Power from WAFL side East Fremantle with pick No.8 in the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft just a fortnight ago.

Having previously trained with Essendon in the hopes of winning a Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period spot in 2020, Teakle had averaged 14.7 disposals, 16.8 hitouts and kicked 6.4 goals from six WAFL games this season to earn his spot on Port's list.

"In my time in football I have never seen anyone get their first game within 14 days," Hinkley said.

"It's one of the great stories of the mid-season draft."

MATTHEW JUPP SET TO PLAY HIS 150TH WAFL GAME THIS WEEKEND

After celebrating his 150th East Fremantle game last weekend (149 WAFL + 1 Foxtel Cup), East Fremantle Captain, Matthew Jupp will line up for his 150th WAFL game this week against Peel Thunder. Jupp has been a pillar of strength down back in recent seasons, winning the 2019 Lynn Medal and making his State debut this season against South Australia.

Who has influenced or been with you along the way that helped you achieve this milestone? Early days my junior coach Gino Stefani who stuck me at Full Back when I was 13, probably because I was too useless to play anywhere else. He gave me great belief in my ability and he showed real value in me as a person and footballer, that lit the fire. Jon Dorotich was the first person that gave me the hard conversation that I needed to improve my training standards to be good enough to make it to the level and for that I’m grateful. Stava (Former Coach, Steve Malaxos) for giving me first game and backing me in as a young kid. Bill Monaghan and Brad Dodd for taking my performance to a new level and helping me grow as a person and a leader. Mum and Dad have always been at my games and my biggest supporters, it’s a bit of running joke with a few mates that dad always says I was best on ground no matter how good or bad I play.

In closing, a great achievement- any closing comments? I just want to thank the East Fremantle Football Club for shaping me as a person after 12 years at the club I’ve grown immensely and it’s the lessons and values this place has instilled in me that has shaped me to become who I am. I’ll always be grateful for that.

Congrats to the skipper on his achievement, not many folk last long enough to play 150 WAFL games these days sadly. A true stalwart of the EFFC.

• Ins E. Aiken-featherstone, C. Holmes
  • Outs C. Leggett, C. Smith
Leggett out for the year

• EMERGENCIES
  • 50 Samuel COLLINS
  • 57 Jack NORRISH
  • 35 Ethan PAHOLSKI
  • 20 Joshua SCHOENFELD ???

Schoenfeld is playing reserves today....good to see him back....gain one... lose one, bugger about Leggett, definitely leaves EF very thin with targets up front. Hopefully LesterSmith can rediscover his 2013 goal kicking feats - kicked 40 odd from memory....

Great win by EF considering the players they have lost during the season.....besides that 2nd quarter fade out, EF outpointed their more fancied rivals, with inaccuracy allowing Peel to stay in touch.....11 more scoring shots for an 11 pt win, sums up EF nearly shot themselves in the foot.

Boekhorst and Murdock keep on keeping on, both are easily Lynn Medal top two.....the skipper keeping the dangerous ex EP forward quiet, whilst Aiken-Featherstone put the clamp on Tucker after half time. With Marsh kicking 2.3, good to see Jansen come to the party with his 3.2.....EF will need to keep finding different goal kickers each week, though heard that Bonomelli has gone to EP, with Eddie Simpson(199cm) coming in return.....hopefully.... I see Bonomelli is already on EP list, though Simpson not on EF as yet.

After the bye, Schoenfeld and Baskerville should be back, hopefully Smith is back....sadly Leggett is gone for the year with a nasty hammy tear.....geez isn't Goddard a god send....gave as good as he got v Meek....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back