East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am really saddened by the news abt Boekhorst's injury, he has been a key for you and will dent your chances going forward. Hopefully one of the other players can step up.

I am really saddened by the news abt Boekhorst's injury, he has been a key for you and will dent your chances going forward. Hopefully one of the other players can step up.
Yeah very disappointing not only for Boekhorst, as he was having a stellar season, but for EF. But hey the squad has faced a few challenges this year with player losses to the AFL and injury.....and played some good footy.....Can't afford any more big name losses now.....as you rightly say mate, good opportunity for another to step up.....would like to see English go into the midfield more and new recruit Ira Jetta play that small forward role.. ..

Strong line up today considering our injuries

Monaghan said the club is refreshed after the bye and is ready to tackle the last couple of rounds of the WAFL season. “We plan around byes. Since the WAFL introduced them players and staff have really welcomed them. We work our training schedule out leading up to it and work extremely hard on the track to give our players some time off”.

The Sharks also welcome back Jamie Meade from injury.

Best 2nd half EF have played in a long long time.....as much as SD didn't turn up after half time, kudos to EF for putting their foot down and securing the win. Great effort by Reuben McGuire at CHF with his 4 goals. Talented athletic youngster who has a lot of potential.

Be a huge get if Teakle comes back for the finals, I see he kicked 4 goals in Port's last SANFL game. Up to Port I think to give their blessing, huge in for EF if they do. Having Marsh up front is important to EF forward structure, he takes the best tall defender, always needs to be watched. Hope O'Reilly comes up as well, this would allow Marsh some midfield time if he is having a quiet one up front.

Big game v Cl for that 2nd spot, who ever wins this should secure 2nd spot. Though SF are lurking, as it looks odds on Peel will sneak that final spot.....hopefully SD can prove me wrong.

Billy Monaghan picking his son again, after not kicking any goals in the reserves, again. What message does that send to our depth small forwards? It's a position we're pretty dire in, but Matt Burton played that role well for a couple of league games, and Ethan Paholski has been beating the door down for a year and a half. But nope, just pick your son Billy.

Another good performance by EF today.....back to back wins against 2 quality sides....more so considering SD beat WP today and Cl are always hard to beat at home.

Definitely a big win today to help keep that top 3 spot opportunity alive.....Marsh with 4 goals and McGuire with 1.5 are providing EF with some tall targets up front.....not sure Monaghan jnr will be in the side for much longer....though considering EF reserves are very thin and struggling of late, seems it will be either Montubaun or Monaghan for that small forward spot.....especially with Leggett out for the season.....

Hagan and Cleaver have added some youthful zest to the mix as well.....I guess with Hagan and English doing well as goalkicking small forwards, and the mids chipping in, perhaps Simpson might get a spot come finals, to add some height to the EF side, especially with O'Reilly struggling with his back.

Good for EF that Marsh got a tribunal reprieve yesterday.....definitely a big plus for EF in securing a top 3 finish. EP and EF usually have some tight contests, can't see this one being any different....EP played some good footy v SF on the weekend, and I expect that to continue this weekend in EP final match for the season.

The game yesterday was not one that EF would want to hang their hat on, we were at best insipid given the occasion, you won but you need to play at the level of the Claremont game to win a flag. Perhaps the injury toll to key players showed but you still should have beaten us more easily than you did!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game yesterday was not one that EF would want to hang their hat on, we were at best insipid given the occasion, you won but you need to play at the level of the Claremont game to win a flag. Perhaps the injury toll to key players showed but you still should have beaten us more easily than you did!
Losing the quality EF has done pre, mid and latter season would always come back to bite the team at some point....difference is EF have still been able to grind out wins, unlike in previous years, where they wouldn't. The SD and Cl wins have showed when on song EF best footy is good enough to go deep in the finals.....v EP not so, but still found a way to win.

No other team, currently in the top 5, have experienced the player losses EF have had this year....yet here EF are in 2nd spot.....kudos to all concerned for the season so far.....would go into the finals more confident if Teakle was able to come back and Leggett was fit.....most likely both won't evenuate, but like throughout the course of the year, players have stepped up when the opportunity arose....McGuire, Cleaver, Hagan, Smith and Gorringe in particular

Obviously one out of Monty or Junior were going to make way for Eardley. Great to see some selection continuity, the team are currently playing well as a team. Hopefully that continues today v Cl, and EF current good run continues.

Cl are a great side, with a plethora of finals footy experience, unlike EF. Be interesting to see if EF players can retain their composure under finals footy pressure. Obviously knowing they have a 2nd bite at the cherry helps. Play as a team and the rewards will follow.

Hopefully Souths get knocked out by peel tomorrow although it would be great to break the drought against them in a final, I don't back us against them at all

Come on East!

Unchanged 22, side go in with a lot of confidence and momentum. Big chance to reach a first GF in 10 years. Monaghan has got the team playing some good footy and a lot of self belief. WP are a great side, but anyone's game despite the obvious home advantage and week's break....game on as they say.

We need to find a minimum of 4 more goals a game. Better goal kicking accuracy would help.
Really missing a KPF who can attract the ball.
I think we was unlucky . I’m abit concerned with peel . We will probably play them in the preliminary and they will be stacked with AFL players .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back