Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Hope not andana....Griff, Loersch and Strnadica are all over 2m tall...and easily best 22....having another 2m + player on paper sounds good....but Griff can only ruck like Sandi....would make EF very slow ...plus Sandilands is 37/38....backward step me thinks.....regardless of his ability.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Q & A with Bill Monaghan

The focus in 2019 was on stopping other teams from scoring, will offensive be a focus in 2020?
When you take over a side that has only won two or three games, there are 101 issues you need to fix. We focused a lot on team defence this year, and while we didn’t rocket up the ladder in defensive stats, we did take a big step forward. In the first five games, it didn’t look like we had done a lot, but I thought in the last 13 games we reigned in the scores against and the numbers looked a lot better. The discussion between the players and coaches is that our growth will now come with ball movement and attack. We are really looking forward to having Luke Strnadica and Cameron Loersch consistently up front. With Loersch injured for much of the year, we weren’t able to see him at his best. In the earlier part of the season when Jonathon Griffin was injured it was also taking Strnadica out of the forward line as a target. We do need to get better with ball movement and bring the ball down - if you can have more supply and predictably in the forward line you are going to be better.

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Thanks andana, good little insight in to 2019 and hopefully 2020.....looks like EF points will be tight when adding any more recruits for next year after the 10pt Durack Tucker signing, but I see Masten has signed to play for Perth next year in the WAFL....whilst disappointing not to get another delisted AFL ex EF player back to the club, there may be a silver lining to Masten going to Perth.....might open the door for EF to snare another recruit......at 31 next year the 10K for Masten will come in handy, whilst his experience would of been handy it seems Perth's coach Earl Spalding is his boss at work and Masten lives in the Lathlain area....makes sense him playing for Perth, just hope EF can make something out of it in return....been told Adamini has gone back to Gero and Harrold has moved east for work....two talented players who had their moments but seemed to be in and out of the team this year......

Pleased to hear Tucker will compliment the experience of Jupp and Winton up back, along side good KPD youngsters in Davidson and Bailey....obviously height wise EF seemed to have plenty of options with Griffin, Teakle and Watson as rucks, with Loersch and Strnadica up front.....as Bill says hopefully the latter two can stay fit and provide EF with potent targets up front in 2020. Does anyone know the deal with Paparone? Heard due to an injury compensation payout Paparone wasn't allowed to play any footy post leaving Brisbane at the end of 2018.....he was assistant colts coach for EF under Jacob Brennan this year....good to Paparone still around the club, I wonder if his compensation payout is only for 12 months?....will be more than handy to have him alternating between defence and up front in 2020.....midfielders - A graders seem to be the focus for Monaghan and Dodd next year....obviously Masten would of been just that at the WAFL level.....wonder who the boys have in mind and who they are chasing?....no doubt post draft will reveal more on who's available or who's not

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Perth coach Earl Spalding can thank his brother Scott for helping secure the prized signature of premiership Eagle Chris Masten.
In one of the biggest WAFL recruiting coups of the decade, Masten chose the Demons over his former clubs East Fremantle and East Perth, where he played as an aligned Eagle.

“I played all of my junior footy at East Fremantle and I love the place but I didn’t know anyone there anymore.

Isn't Brennan still colts coach?

Or would this be seen as a failing by the club.

Is it easy to keep in contact with players who have gone on to the AFL?

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Boekhorst used that same bullshit excuse (I dont know anyone there anymore) on why he went to EF and not back to his original WAFL club SD!!

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
I guess with Boekhorst being mid 20s I can see why SD were miffed him jumping ship to EF.....at 30/31....think EF would be better off with the tsf fee TBH....

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Think as an ex AFL listed player andana Tucker is 10 points....same as Loersch who didnt crack an AFL game also...points must be tight at EF with Loersch, Tucker and Boekhorst and Kommer all 10 pts....Manning is 7 I think ....plus Davies, Bray and Tassone fresh from Cl and Peel this year......be interested to see who else EF try and recruit

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There is a video of Max doing a fake punt. Worth a look.

Former East Fremantle forward Max Duffy has continued his rise through US college football ranks, with the University of Kentucky star shortlisted for a prestigious national punting award.
Duffy, who played three games for the Dockers before being delisted at the end of 2015, has been named as one of 10 semi-finalists for the US college system’s Ray Guy Award, presented annually to the country’s top punter.
Duffy has set records and earned national recognition for his punting with the University of Kentucky, with the Wildcats describing him as an “absolute weapon” for the team with his “booming and accurate leg”.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The East Fremantle Football Club are excited to reveal Adrian Ricciardello as our new Colts Coach.
In 2016, after playing 109 games for the Sharks, Ricciardello was offered an assistant coaching position with the Colts and in first year was part of the 2017 Premiership.
Since then, Ricciardello has coached in a variety of development roles within the club as well as assisting with the Women’s program.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The East Fremantle Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of Brodie Riach for the next two seasons.
Brodie spent the 2019 season at the West Coast Eagles as a Category B Rookie, where he played 13 games for the WAFL Eagles side.
As a junior, Brodie was a talented footballer and basketballer, eventually deciding to pursue the latter with the goal of attending college in the United States. He received a basketball scholarship to a school in Wyoming but prior to departing for his freshman year, he started to gain some interest from AFL clubs. After trialling at West Coast, Geelong and GWS, Brodie signed with the West Coast Eagles as a Category B Rookie for the 2019 season.
“My experience at West Coast this past 18 months will hold me in good stead moving forward. I was fortunate to be around and learn from some of the best players in the AFL,” Riach said.
After his time at West Coast ended, Brodie was determined to pursue his football dream. Finding a club that he felt could continue his development as a player was at the top of his wish list. That decision became clearer after a meeting with Head Coach, Bill Monaghan and Football Manager, Brad Dodd.
“I chose East Fremantle based on the initial feel I got from the club as a whole. I really respect the way they have gone about things and I’m sure that professionalism trickles down from top to bottom. I am really excited about where I think this group can get too. When you look at our list on paper, it’s quite impressive. It’s only a matter of time before that translates on the field,” Riach said.

Back