Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Dodd says 1-2 experienced WAFL recruits hopefully to come in recruiting wise....Fingers crossed the fella is on the money and at least one of them gets over the line....definitely a talent but may come at a cost.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
WAFC congratulates 2019 first round AFL Draft selections
Thursday, November 28, 2019 - 10:41 AM

To see three players selected in the first round of the National Draft is a great result not only for them, but for the West Australian Football League and our Talent Development Pathway, which we continue striving to improve and enhance.”

Outstanding work by the wafc.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nice to be wanted

The Suns parted ways with their 2020 mid-first round pick, given to them as part of an AFL assistance package, along with pick 64 in exchange for selection 27, which they used on Western Australian wingman Jeremy Sharp.
It looms as a massive win for the Cats with the pick slated to be 11th overall in next year's draft before father-son and NGA selections are taken into account.

Sharp, an outside midfielder with a penetrating kick, is just one of three players to earn back-to-back All-Australian selections in this year's draft.

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Seems as though EF are trying to wangle a clearance for the talented contracted Perth player Cody Leggett....be interesting to see if a deal even gets done, think Perth will be very reluctant to let Leggett go....

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seems as though EF are trying to wangle a clearance for the talented contracted Perth player Cody Leggett....be interesting to see if a deal even gets done, think Perth will be very reluctant to let Leggett go....
Geez mate now you’ve gone and upset DD/owner of OF be careful he has a way of shutting down discussion on that site.

Geez mate now you’ve gone and upset DD/owner of OF be careful he has a way of shutting down discussion on that site.
I can't see any chance that the Demons let Leggett go while contracted. We're right on the brink of finals.

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
I can't see any chance that the Demons let Leggett go while contracted. We're right on the brink of finals.

Perhaps Perth's new coaching succession plan may sway Leggett to stay now....sounded like the guy was seeking a change of coach for his fortunes perhaps...

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Tucker and Riach on EF players list now andana...Mills and McGowan plus a fella from the South West by the name of Ingham.....one in the mix still...just a matter of being patient with the process.....not too sure of any others in the mix TBH. Monaghan seems to know what he wants and in this day n age what he can get within the clubs limits.....Good core group, topped up with some newbies who will only improve the playing group as a whole.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is why you can't go too hard criticizing players.

A broken foot couldn’t hold back East Fremantle Football Club Vice Captain this year as he still managed to take out fairest and best for the League side.
As part of a new partnership with St John of God Murdoch Hospital’s Private Emergency Department, the club is receiving a financial boost for the 2020 season and sporting new signage on the oval.
With the partnership promoting the Hospital’s new 24/7 orthopaedic surgeon roster, Sharks player Matthew Jupp knows all too well the impact an injury can have for players.
He played the last eight games of the season with a broken bone.
“It was really tough to play with a broken foot. Technically it was a sesamoid, a small bone in the foot that shattered in the middle of a game when I stubbed my toe.
“I knew something was wrong immediately and went straight off to the bench. The physio wanted to take my boot off but I knew I’d never get it back on. My foot was swollen for about a week after the injury and I was lucky that we had a bye so I had a chance to rest it.”

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The East Fremantle Senior squad have returned to training as the continue to prepare for the 2020 season. We caught up with Football Manager, Brad Dodd for an update.
Q: We’ve seen some additions to the squad for the 2020 season, can you tell us a little bit about the players we’ve added?
BD: Having spent a year with the group, we feel we have a much better understanding of our list and the areas we needed to bolster. Being a young squad, we felt we needed to add a little bit of experience in certain areas.
Jordan Mills joins us as a Key Defender having spent close to 10 seasons at West Perth. We have a few promising Key Defenders coming through in Lachlan Bailey, Andrew Trefry and Cam Davidson, all who are working hard in the gym to build the strength to be able to compete with the competitions Key Forwards. Jordan will be invaluable for those guys, from a teaching perspective, while giving us another big body who is very good defensively one on one.
We have also added Durak Tucker to our defensive stocks. Durak has come to us from the Sydney Swans. He’s had an interrupted past 2 seasons, which has curtailed his AFL career for now, but we’re really excited with how he’s attacked his pre-season and we can’t wait to see him back out on the field. Durak has the ability to play tall and small, which adds flexibility to our Back 6 and is very good one on one, while being able to drop off and impact other contests.
Brodie Riach joins us from the West Coast Eagles, where he played 13 WAFL games in 2019. Mainly playing in defence, we’re likely to use him further up the field, either across Half Forward or on the Wing. Brodie has had a great pre-season to date and we’re really excited to see what he can produce this year.
Bradley McGowan spent 2019 at North Fremantle, having played 20 games for Peel previously. Bradley is a leading forward with a bit of X-Factor. He offers us something a little different up Forward, where he a has decent pace is good at ground level also.
We have also added a group of graduating Colts and a few additions from the Amateurs, who are all trialling to make our final squad. At this stage we’re content with where our squad is at and can’t see many other significant additions, remembering that Jordan Snadden, Alex Bray, Cam Loersch and Nick Kommer all had injury interrupted 2019 seasons.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Sharks are delighted to welcome Matthew D’Aloia on board as our new Head of Sports Science for the 2020 Season. Hear how he thinks the group is tracking, 72 days out from Round 1.
Bit about you, previous experience, how you’ve settled into the role and how the boys have taken to your program.
My previous experience has been over in the SANFL with the North Adelaide Roosters for three years. I spent the first two years as the Strength and Conditioning coach with their development teams (Colts and Futures) and moved on to be the Conditioning coach for the Seniors in my third year. I have also been the Strength coach for Hockey at the Western Australian Institute Sport, since I moved over to WA last year. Since the start of the pre-season, the boys have been very responsive to the program with a few changes being made they have adjusted well and are jumping at the gun to keep pushing forward.
Who has impressed you on the track?
The seniors in the leadership group have been impressive but some of the younger up and coming boys who have impressed me the most have been Jamie Meade, Nick Bonomelli, Michael Tassone and Luke Strnadica. They have all been putting in the extra yards with their physical development and jumping at the opportunity to improve themselves. Some of the Colts boys that have been really responsive to the program and have been putting in solid work are Luke Dobson, Tom Wallis, Andrew Trefry and Jon Gartlett.

Maroubra Eagle

Senior List
May 24, 2008
Maroubra
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve been working on my family tree and have been given boxes of old photos, old interviews of now deceased relatives and original documents. I‘m now researching my great grandmother’s brother and the story is that he either played for East Fremantle or South Fremantle around 1900, give or take a year or two. I think I’ve found a newspaper article naming him in a junior Fremantle team but it’s not clear as they only used the first initial of his first name. Does anyone know if either of those clubs kept records of past players that far back? His name was Cecil James Hawkins.

FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
East Perth (WAFL), Fitzroy (VAFA)
I’ve been working on my family tree and have been given boxes of old photos, old interviews of now deceased relatives and original documents. I‘m now researching my great grandmother’s brother and the story is that he either played for East Fremantle or South Fremantle around 1900, give or take a year or two. I think I’ve found a newspaper article naming him in a junior Fremantle team but it’s not clear as they only used the first initial of his first name. Does anyone know if either of those clubs kept records of past players that far back? His name was Cecil James Hawkins.

Maroubra Eagle, excuse the poor quality of my cut-and-paste from the EFFC 2019 annual report.
I'm neither an East Fremantle nor South Fremantle supporter, but it appears CJ Hawkins played one game for Old Easts back in 1898.
I had a glance at South Freo's annual report, but there was no equivalent list of players.
You could maybe contact the club as they might have a club historian who could do some digging for you.
PLAYER DATE OF BIRTH CAREER SPAN GMS HASLEBY, Paul Andrew 12 June 1981 1999, 2007 19 HASTINGS, Frederick Alfred Warren 6 March 1881 1906 7 HAWKINS 1898 1 HAYDINGER, Barry Arthur 8 November 1954 1979; 81 3

Maroubra Eagle

Senior List
May 24, 2008
Maroubra
AFL Club
West Coast
Maroubra Eagle, excuse the poor quality of my cut-and-paste from the EFFC 2019 annual report.
I'm neither an East Fremantle nor South Fremantle supporter, but it appears CJ Hawkins played one game for Old Easts back in 1898.
I had a glance at South Freo's annual report, but there was no equivalent list of players.
You could maybe contact the club as they might have a club historian who could do some digging for you.
PLAYER DATE OF BIRTH CAREER SPAN GMS HASLEBY, Paul Andrew 12 June 1981 1999, 2007 19 HASTINGS, Frederick Alfred Warren 6 March 1881 1906 7 HAWKINS 1898 1 HAYDINGER, Barry Arthur 8 November 1954 1979; 81 3
Thank you so much for having a look. I really appreciate it. It looks like him.👍👍👍

Back