East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4rgdg6cuh6ks_228.338804990151.jpg

Captain Jonathon Griffin will don the Blue and White for the last time on Sunday in front of a home crowd.

After sixteen years of senior football in the AFL and WAFL, Griffin informed the playing group last night that the 2020 Season would be his last.

“I feel very honoured and privileged to have been part of the footy club for such a long period as a supporter, player and Reserves Coach,” Griffin said.

“To finish off captaining the club that I followed as a kid, it’s a terrific honour and I’ll take that with me for the rest of my life.”

At 34 years of age and 202cm tall, injuries have been aplenty over the last few years. Despite having broken his wrist, ribs and fractured his jaw during his three years with East Fremantle, Griffin pushed through barely missing a game – a testament to his character.

“It has been a challenge particularly in the position that I play, you get banged up every week, but cut me open and I bleed Blue and White.”

1599717158971.png

In front of 260 guests, Jarrad Jansen was awarded the Sharks highest honour, The Lynn Medal.

Despite missing Round 1, Jansen’s consistency across the shortened season saw him claim the late victory on 65 votes. It was an extremely close count with Jansen pulling away in the last two rounds after strong performances against Subiaco and Swan Districts to finish ahead of Milan Murdock on 64 votes, Cody Leggett (63), Jordan Snadden (62) and Blaine Boekhorst (54).

Jansen shared his time through the midfield and forward line, with the occasional stint in the ruck. Averaging 15.9 disposals, 2.9 marks, 4.3 tackles and 3.7 clearances, he sets the standard for the Sharks with his competitiveness and attack on the ball.

20-year-old Milan Murdock finished second in the count and was also awarded the 2020 Rising Star. Murdock was a constant contributor for the Sharks, averaging 16.5 disposals and 2.5 marks, impressing with his fierce tenacity. The tackling machine averaged 6.75 tackles a game, the third equal highest in the competitio

East Fremantle are delighted to welcome Dillon O’Reilly back to the club.

The 193cm versatile key position player was selected by Fremantle in the 2019 Mid-Season Draft from the Sharks.

Dillon is a skilful player, who has a penetrating kick and the ability to read the ball early in the air.

Football Operations Manager, Brad Dodd said O’Reilly’s ability to play forward or back is a handy addition to the senior side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loersch gone to perth? Disappointing

East Fremantle are delighted to welcome Corey Chalmers to the club.

The clever Forward/Mid comes to the Sharks from West Perth, where he played 82 games, averaging 19 disposals and a goal a match. Twice he has kicked over 20 goals in a season, with his best haul of 5 coming against East Fremantle in 2018.

Football Manager, Brad Dodd gave us his insight on the new arrival.

“Corey is an excellent addition to our squad, not only adding some much-needed experience, but also some creativity to our front half and some depth through our midfield,” Dodd said.

I see ex Peel/ Gold Coast mid Josh Schoenfeld is listed on EF seniors....certainly a good signing along with Chambers....Schoenfeld has a bit of outside zip from memory, whilst Chambers has 80 odd games of WAFL experience and at 25 yrs old, will provide some quality to the side on 2021.

Think the writing was on the wall for Loersch when Monahagn didn't pick the guy at all this year, despite the team struggling to kick goals....definitely talented is Loersch, just don't think he suits or fits into Monahagns game plan.....

I see ex Peel/ Gold Coast mid Josh Schoenfeld is listed on EF seniors....certainly a good signing along with Chambers....Schoenfeld has a bit of outside zip from memory, whilst Chambers has 80 odd games of WAFL experience and at 25 yrs old, will provide some quality to the side on 2021.

Think the writing was on the wall for Loersch when Monahagn didn't pick the guy at all this year, despite the team struggling to kick goals....definitely talented is Loersch, just don't think he suits or fits into Monahagns game plan.....

O 'Reilly probably taking full forward.

Looks like AFL lists reduced to 38 players. Could be some decent players available.

EF might as well just move down to Rushton Park and cut out the middle man Freeze with your plethora of ex Peel players!

LOL mate ....I see SD are adding another 2 ES boys to the 3 they already have on their books.....that's 5 in total.....when are you planning to tell the missus you are moving over to Victoria to watch SD play in 2021?

Josh Schoenfeld once again solidified his name as the ‘Time Trial King’ taking out the first time trial of the 2019 pre-season. After breaking into the senior side in RD 13, Schoenfeld unfortunately suffered a knee injury which saw him forced to work his way back into form through the NEAFL. Being re-drafted at Pick 1 in the 2019 NAB AFL Rookie Draft, Schoenfeld will be desperate to add to his 15-game tally. His opportunities so far have been limited at AFL level, with the inside midifielder playing just the 1 game last season.

It’s hard to believe that East Fremantle’s pre-season kicks off in just 17 days! Entering his third season at the helm, Bill Monaghan answers some burning questions for the Sharks’ faithful.

Q Thoughts/Reflection on 2020

BM:
I think everyone understands it was a difficult year in terms of planning and preparation. I thought our players did a good job through the off-season and then just on the eve of playing, we had the rug pulled out from under us. We probably didn’t come back from that as well as some of the other more experienced teams in the competition did, so in terms of preparation and getting ready for the season, it was quite difficult. We played some average footy at times, especially in round 1. But then there was a 4 or 5 week period in the middle of the season where our footy was very good without winning. One and seven is a poor result, but there is some glimmer of hope in the way we went about it, especially in the middle part of the season.

Yeah good to get some early insight from the coach heading into 2021....open and upfront as usual.....bit of midfield tinkering seems to be the coaches plan for improvement next year....really still think EF are light up front tall forward wise....O'Reilly will be required to step up and since Loersch is gone, Bonomelli needs to take the next step....but to do so he really does need more opportunities TBH.

From that Q&A, it seems EF have another few recruits in their sights....sound more midfield orientated though then tall forward orientated....time will tell I guess....apparently the defence seems to be sorted.....still lack that tall gorilla marking defender me thinks.

Daniel Kerr, David Swallow, Michael Brennan, Andrew Lockyer, Garrick Ibbotson, Paul Harding, Jason Johannisen, and Matthew Carr missing from that team.

Not sure why Daniel Kerr is not in the team and Christ Masten is.

Daniel Kerr, David Swallow, Michael Brennan, Andrew Lockyer, Garrick Ibbotson, Paul Harding, Jason Johannisen, and Matthew Carr missing from that team.

Not sure why Daniel Kerr is not in the team and Christ Masten is.

Yea, plenty of outs. Need two teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back