East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Here it is, the full version which goes for 1:51

Then here's the instrumental version

Last edited:

I see young Jack Williams who debuted on Colts this year is our only member of the AFL academy for next year. Pretty exciting for that young man

Still growing?
No idea but he is already 196ish I would think? Maybe a little taller. Played him down back for the first half Of the season- dropped his head too much. Then Ricca moved him forward and he has clean hands and A lovely kick off the boot. Could be anything. Next Logan McDonald perhaps? I wonder if he will get a gig in league? It normally helps young forwards get drafted if they can crack league in their draft year.

Kentucky won’t soon forget Max Duffy.

The former East Fremantle player had already put together perhaps the best career by a punter in Wildcats’ history - and he produced one final piece of magic in his farewell game.
At a key moment in Kentucky’s 23-21 Gator Bowl win against North Carolina State, Duffy sold the dummy to turn what looked like being a blocked punt into a fair catch inside the 20.
“That play by Max Duffy is one of the coolest things I have ever seen a punter do,” Kentucky sports radio host Matt Jones tweeted.
Duffy, who played three games across the 2014 and 2015 AFL seasons with Fremantle, said his instincts shone through after some awful blocking by Kentucky’s special teams.
“We’d done a bit of homework in the week leading up on one of the guys that came after it. He blocked a fair few punts during the year. The plan was to block him. Apparently we didn’t want to do that,” told RSN Breakfast.
“I knew he was going to be coming after it pretty hard and it was just a spur of the moment (decision) to go back to the AFL days.

Jono Marsh back.

The East Fremantle Football Club are delighted to announce the return of Jonathon Marsh for the 2021 season.

Yep signing Marsh is definitely the icing on the cake for the clubs pre season recruiting....interesting interview with the guy about why he chose to come back to the club.....definitely will provide some versatility on game day for the coach....big/strong enough to play KP up front or back and fast enough to play through the middle.....welcome back Jono Marsh....huge emphasis on recruiting good characters as well to the club.....good interview with Monaghan on the radio the other day as well.

Kentucky won’t soon forget Max Duffy.

The former East Fremantle player had already put together perhaps the best career by a punter in Wildcats’ history - and he produced one final piece of magic in his farewell game.
At a key moment in Kentucky’s 23-21 Gator Bowl win against North Carolina State, Duffy sold the dummy to turn what looked like being a blocked punt into a fair catch inside the 20.
“That play by Max Duffy is one of the coolest things I have ever seen a punter do,” Kentucky sports radio host Matt Jones tweeted.
Duffy, who played three games across the 2014 and 2015 AFL seasons with Fremantle, said his instincts shone through after some awful blocking by Kentucky’s special teams.
“We’d done a bit of homework in the week leading up on one of the guys that came after it. He blocked a fair few punts during the year. The plan was to block him. Apparently we didn’t want to do that,” told RSN Breakfast.
“I knew he was going to be coming after it pretty hard and it was just a spur of the moment (decision) to go back to the AFL days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Fremantle have finalised their Senior coaching structure with four key appointments for the 2021 season.

Joe Comande moves into the senior forward line role, taking over from Bradd Dalziell. Comande spent seven seasons coaching at West Perth and the past two as Opposition and Match Day Assistant for East Fremantle.

Jayden Heuer, Jesse Laurie and Harry Taylor join coach Bradd Dalziell in the Development program.

Following his 280 AFL game career with Geelong, Taylor will take charge of the Mid West program, mentor the Senior leaders and work with our talls.
Based in the Mid West, Harry will help further develop our programs up there - not only through our junior pathway but through the GNFL competition as well. He will work closely with Matthew Jupp and Jarrad Jansen as well as spend time with our young developing talls when he’s down in Perth.”

It's a go. $26,594,874 should get something good.

PROPOSED EAST FREMANTLE OVAL PRECINCT REDEVELOPMENT
Published on Thursday, 28 January 2021 at 11:28:35 AM
The Town of East Fremantle intends to undertake the redevelopment of the East Fremantle Oval Precinct. The project qualifies as a major land transaction, and therefore a business plan has been prepared.
The business plan is available on the Town’s website and can be viewed at the Town’s Administration Centre, 135 Canning Highway, East Fremantle. It can be emailed upon request by contacting admin@eastfremantle.wa.gov.au
Submissions about the business plan can be made to the Chief Executive Officer, Town of East Fremantle, until the close of business on 15 March 2021. Submissions can be delivered to the Town Administration Centre, posted via PO Box 1097, Fremantle WA 6959 or emailed to admin@eastfremantle.wa.gov.au.
Council seeks the input of its community as an integral part of the decision making process.

Jonathon Marsh
Wednesday, February 3, 2021 - 2:59 PM

1) How have you settled back into Shark Park?
Settled really well back into the club. Was a tad nervous since I didn’t know a lot of the boys. But everyone has been very welcoming and already I feel very comfortable with the team, which is a credit to everyone involved in creating that culture.
2) Where do you see your role this year?
I see myself as a mid who plays forward. I think the coach sees me as a forward that plays mid. So give me some time to fix that one! Otherwise, if I’m not getting a kick I’ll be going back to my roots as a back man. So probably everywhere really...
3) You spent some time on St Kilda and Collingwood list's, what did you learn from experiencing the AFL environment?
Learnt a great deal from my AFL time. A lot of the usual player positioning, reading the game, how to be a proper athlete. Biggest take away is probably to always make football enjoyable, because it’s a hard sport if you don’t.
4) Which Sharks have impressed you this preseason?
This might be a long list I’m sorry, because I’ve seriously been impressed. Kyle Baskerville for a skinny kid, somehow breaks everyone’s tackles. Cody Leggett kicks a ball sweetly 60m off a step. Morgan Davies is a dead eye kick and quite attractive to look at. Josh Schoenfield is already showing he’s an ultra professional guy. Luke English plays like a Trent Cotchin/ Dustin Martin hybrid, so I’ve just put a mountain of pressure on his little shoulders, sorry mate! Lastly, Matthew Jupp has developed into a fantastic leader, I think I’m big Red’s biggest fan. Could easily name the list but I’ll cut it short.
5) What do you do with yourself outside of football (Work etc)?
I’m currently trying to get into the Real Estate profession. This little lock down has put that on hold but hopefully in the near future that’s where I’m employed.
6) What do Sharks fans have to look forward to in 2020?
I believe this year will be very exciting for Sharks fans. I love where the club is placed and I’m very bullish about what we can achieve. To be specific, I think our forward line has the potential to be a very potent and very exciting group. I reckon Shark fans will be able to watch a United Sharks outfit hit the park, from Colts, Reserves and through to Seniors.

I'm not a Sharks supporter but I grew up in the western edge of their zone in the 1970s and have huge respect for the club. In 1979 I attended a football clinic at East Freo Oval and won a Selsun Blue T-shirt, about which I was then teased endlessly at football training.

But, seriously, the WAFL is healthy when East Fremantle are healthy, one obvious reason being that the derby crowds are good. Why has East Freo not won a premiership since 1998? Can this situation be solved? How? Is it a problem with the metropolitan zone (too multicultural and/or too elderly, depending on district)?

South can go southward almost infinitely, just as West Perth, Claremont, Swans, Subiaco and East Perth can extend northwards and to the northeast. East Freo's zone is boxed in.

Corey Chalmers
Friday, February 5, 2021

How have you settled into Shark Park?

I have loved my introduction to Shark Park this year. The boys have been super welcoming and there is a great culture at the club.

I hope to bring some experience to the table along with the likes of Marshy and Schoey and bring back that winning culture to the club. On the field I want to bring some spark down forward, kick some goals and get up through the midfield to provide some run and carry.

3) 3) You’ve played under Bill Monaghan for your whole Senior career, tell us a little about him as a coach?

Bill has been great for my development as a player and as a person. I probably had a bad attitude when I came down to West Perth all those years ago and he sprayed me enough times to get that out of my system. Easily the best tactical coach I’ve had. Knows the game better than most and has great game day coaching ability - will lead the club to great things.

Jonathon Marsh has been a great re-addition to the club. Although I’m sure he would like and deserves to be on a list, his leadership and experience will be great for our young group.

Matthew Jupp obviously is a standout with his great leadership skills. He is relentless on the training track and doesn’t shut up, which is exactly what we need!

Josh Schoenfeld is an aerobic beast! Just powers through every session and doesn’t seem to get tired!

Morgan Davies has been great as a leader and on the field. Has great agility, always hits targets and breaks lines at will!

5) What do you do with yourself outside of football (Work etc)?

I have been a teacher for the past three years but have recently had a career change leading to a position at the cancer council as a SunSmart education coordinator throughout WA.

6) What do Sharks fans have to look forward to in 2020?

WINS! Can tell the boys are super motivated to change the results from the last couple of years and I think with the new recruits and great young core at the club, finals are on the radar!

Hoping this guy can be the difference in our mid/ forward role

Perth footy club are desperate to move in to some of EF metro district ...eyeing off Canning Vale....areas around Canning Vale, Piara Waters and Southern River are predominantly young communities, so hopefully they will start producing players...

For me EF went south success wise with some poor off field decision making in regards to Dunbar, who was an arrogant sort who recruited poorly and his arrogance saw some quality players leave the club e.g. Kris Miller. The club got decimated with losing the likes of Kennedy, Ryder, Clark, A. Swallow and Ibbotsen in one year, followed by Taylor soon after.... Woey got the club back into the finals, before Malaxos took a good side into finals again.... however he lost favour amongst the playing group apparently. Wiley on paper looked a good decision, but in all honesty as a head coach his CV was average....Monaghan has spent a year or two clearing the decks, sounds like the recruiting has been specific and a huge emphasis on club culture....look at WP...have no money, but play finals every year and give 100% on the park every game..Monaghan built that culture, hopefully he replicates it at EF.

Big year for the club in 2021, was more then competitive v 3 of the finalists in 2020....Cl, Perth and WP....rubbish v SF and EP, rolled over in the last 15 mins v Subi and SD...1/7 in the end, could of been 3/5 or 4/4 with EF fans looking at 2021 with rosier glasses.....time will tell.....

I'm not a Sharks supporter but I grew up in the western edge of their zone in the 1970s and have huge respect for the club. In 1979 I attended a football clinic at East Freo Oval and won a Selsun Blue T-shirt, about which I was then teased endlessly at football training.

But, seriously, the WAFL is healthy when East Fremantle are healthy, one obvious reason being that the derby crowds are good. Why has East Freo not won a premiership since 1998? Can this situation be solved? How? Is it a problem with the metropolitan zone (too multicultural and/or too elderly, depending on district)?

South can go southward almost infinitely, just as West Perth, Claremont, Swans, Subiaco and East Perth can extend northwards and to the northeast. East Freo's zone is boxed in.

East Fremantle
FB:Jon StaggJohn KerrScott Spalding
HB:Marshall StockdenGreg MadiganMichael Collica
C:Gary DhurrkayMartin MellodyChris Pobjoy
HF:Steve O‘BrienEarl SpaldingStephen Bilcich
FF:Clint KireyDamien CondonLeigh Willison
R:Greg EganAdrian BromageWayne Roser
I:Matthew ClucasJustin SandersRhett Bowden
Coach:Tony Micale

Not many players from our metro zone in this 1998 GF team

andana....don't forget EF lost three future Brownlow Medallists in the 2 years preceding that GF win mate - Black, Cousins and Woewodin.....plus had a few locals running around for Freo and WCE as well...so don't blame the club one bit for bringing out the cheque book....

Dillon O'Reilly

How have you settled back into Shark Park?

Settled back in really well. I knew a lot of the boys before I left so coming back down has been really easy.

I see my role as either a key back or key forward. Played most my footy over the last couple of years as a backman, but hoping to get a go forward at some stage this year.

3) You spent some time on Fremantle’s list, what did you learn from experiencing the AFL environment?

I learnt countless things about the dedication and professionalism it takes to play at the highest level. The main thing I noticed were the sacrifices that it takes; time away from family, seeing your mates, going out on weekends, diet etc. all of which need to be done consistently to be the ultimate professional and succeed.

Lachie McGrath has stood out to me. Hasn’t missed a session and always just has a crack. Going to enjoy watching him progress this year

McGrath would give us another handy tall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back