East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly the EF colts journey has ended after a 2 pt loss v SD today. Congrats to SD, looked like a stormy morning down Freo way, with SD winning the 1st half and EF the 2nd half. Could be the last time EF see the likes of Browne, Williams, Woewodin et al in the blue n white.....good luck to all those EF youngsters putting themselves in for the November draft.....and their futures....back to back prelim losses for the colts boys...always a tough pill to swallow......

Boys got shafted today. 40 minute quarter time break due to lightning, 3rd and 4th quarters were both shortened to 20 minutes to keep timing for the league game on television. SD started each quarter fast and EF dominated late in quarters and were surging late in both the third and fourth and the siren got them both times. So disappointing.

Very nice work by Baskerville

Lynn Medal Top 10

1. Kyle Baskerville 157 votes
  2. Matthew Jupp 151 votes
  3. Jarrad Jansen 140 votes
  4. Luke Strnadica 139 votes
  5. Jonathon Marsh 133 votes
  6. Cam Eardley 130 votes
Luke English 130 votes

Jamie Meade 130 votes

9. Blaine Boekhorst 118 votes

10. Tom Bennett 118 votes

Len Anderson Medal Top 10

1. Tom McGrath 163 votes
  2. Josh Browne 160 votes
  3. Taj Woewodin 149 votes
  4. Jack Williams 144 votes
  5. Roc Hughes 137 votes
  6. Jed Hagan 136 votes
  7. Sam Collins 129 votes
  8. Luke Yeo 121 votes
  9. Sam Emery 106 votes
  10. Judd McVee 105 votes

Interesting decision by Taylor, especially since he took on a variety of roles with the GNFL, EF mid west academy and within the Northampton community....young family as well with both sets of grandparents on hand in Geraldton.....but hey good luck the fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely some fantastical footballers in that group.....great achievement by Northampton....hopefully inspires a lot of local youngsters to work hard and follow their dreams....

Jesse Crichton is in at East Freo. Odd signing. Our team is so old with little to no elite youth coming through. Bringing in 30 year olds to top up a list that can't make finals is insane.

Jesse Crichton is in at East Freo. Odd signing. Our team is so old with little to no elite youth coming through. Bringing in 30 year olds to top up a list that can't make finals is insane.

Yes, an odd signing but the article said he approached the club so nothing to lose.

Wrong about being so old- I'm pretty sure it was said we had the youngest or 2nd youngest squad in the competition.

Elite youth??

Murdock
English
Baskerville
Bennett
Strnadica
Murphy
Tucker
Dixon
O'Reilly
McGuire
Gorringe
Bockman
Teakle

All go ok I'd have thought. In fact, who are the "old" guys?

Considering Jupp, Boekhorst and Eardley won't be 30 next year and LesterSmith and now Crichton are the only two 30 yrs old....not sure how EF are considered old......some good youth in that list, as they showed in those wins over Subi, SD and WP....hopefully Joyce signs on....and you can't say others in Jonno Marsh, Tassone,Leggett, Jansen and Schoenfeld are old either....be interesting to see who EF bring in....not sure EF have that many points left in the bank TBH

Last edited:
The WACA Ground will become ‘Shark Park’ for the next two WAFL seasons after a deal was struck between East Fremantle Football Club and WA Cricket.

It will be nearly three decades since the last WAFL game at the iconic East Perth venue, when East Fremantle played West Perth in the 1994 qualifying final.

As part of the WACA Ground redevelopment the grass banks at the ground are currently being excavated, to lengthen the oval and accommodate the return of WAFL games and other sports, creating a multi-use venue.

The Sharks will use the ground while their Moss Street home base is undergoing a transformation of its own.

East Perth Football Club the WACA as a home ground in the late 1980s for two seasons and both Fremantle and West Coast played home games there in the late 1990s.

“The club looks forward to playing our home games at the WACA Ground over the next two years, utilising a high-class playing surface for players, excellent viewing and hospitality arrangements for sponsors, members and visiting teams,” East Fremantle CEO Todd Shimmon said.

“The WA Cricket team have been very accommodating in inviting football back to the WACA Ground, and we look forward to a positive partnership for both parties over the next two years.”

“We’re excited to have footy back here at the WACA Ground and look forward to sharing our home with East Fremantle over the next two years,” WA Cricket CEO Christina Matthews added.

“This is the first step in transforming the ground into a boutique multi-sport and community venue that complements Optus Stadium, with a permanent capacity of approximately 10, 000 seats.

“There is such a rich sporting history at the WACA Ground and WAFL plays a big part in that history, so this partnership is an opportunity to create more incredible sporting moments for WA fans.”

Not officially confirmed, but sounds like Joyce is suiting up for EF in 2022. Injuries, COVID and stuck behind some quality midfielders at Brisbane, resulted in Joyce not getting a game in his time at the elite level. Touch wood the young fella can stay fit and play some good footy, earning himself an AFL lifeline in 2023....

Not officially confirmed, but sounds like Joyce is suiting up for EF in 2022. Injuries, COVID and stuck behind some quality midfielders at Brisbane, resulted in Joyce not getting a game in his time at the elite level. Touch wood the young fella can stay fit and play some good footy, earning himself an AFL lifeline in 2023....

Signed for two years.

Joyce has followed the progress of the Sharks during his time away and is excited by what he’s seen.

“I’ve kept an eye on the Sharks the past few years and like what they’re building, the growth they’ve shown on and off the field and I’m looking forward to playing my part in creating future success.”

Joyce is excited to slide into a strong midfield group and believes he can add to the group.

“The focus from Bill has been to play to my strengths as a player around the ball and I’m looking forward to working with the current midfield group under Craig Smoker. My strength are my hands and stoppage work and I build my game around those skills.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back