East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Pearce is in the United States, taking in some NBA and watching the Milwaukee Bucks at the Fiserv Forum with former Docker Max Duffy, who is now a punter in the United States Football League with the Pittsburgh Maulers.

Joe Kenney
@JDKenney15
·
4 Jun

Replying to
@USFLMaulers
@Max__Duffy
and
@USA_Network
Duffy should be in the NFL total travesty he doesn't get a shot.

East Fremantle would like to announce the signing of Ben McGuire for the 2023 season.

Originally from the Mount Lawley Inglewood JFC, Ben made his debut for East Perth in 2019 and has played 16 games and kicked 18 goals for the Royals. He played 8 games in 2022. Ben is the cousin of current Shark, Reuben McGuire, and the relationship played a pivotal role in Ben making the move.

“I’m very excited to play with my cousin, he is like a little brother to me, we are best friends and i’m confident we’ll bring the best out of each other”

TRIMMED AND AWAY​

November 25, 2022 · by Your Herald · in News. ·
WORKS will finally start on the redevelopment of East Fremantle Oval early next month, but only after the council dropped a range of items to make it fit budget.
At a special council meeting on Tuesday evening, the council trimmed the works to within $41,759 of the $33.3 million budget and agreed to hand over the site to builders Cooper and Oxley from this Monday (November 28).
Bulk earthworks are now scheduled for December 5, and demolition of the Merv Cowan Stand will start the following day.
Described in a staffer’s report as “scope departures” and “value engineering”, one of the big-ticket items to get scrapped was about $500,000 in landscaping between the oval and Allen Street.
“The amenity of this area can still be accommodated including the dog park and some footpaths which will be resolved,” an advice note read.

The East Fremantle Football Club will no longer get plasterboard ceilings and will have to make do with “painted concrete and exposes services” while the concrete walls no longer have a decorative imprint.

“Public art reduced to $100,000 to align with the town’s maximum contribution,” the report noted.

Congrats to Smith, just goes to show you don't have to play in the Champs or go through the under age state system to get drafted.....the upside to this kid is potentially huge....well done to Richmond for recognizing it.

Still time for Hagan and Cleaver to get a gig, though spots on the rookie list are usually set aside for either mature sorts or very raw prospects.....surprised Hagan didn't go yesterday though....still time I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone to play with port in SANFL.

Disappointing.
More so if Port SANFL side plays him in a forward pocket....good luck to the kid, rather the kid play for Port in the SANFL then for Peel or WCER in the WAFL I guess.....considering Hagan was considered a monty for drafting, can't blame him for thinking training/playing at an AFL affiliated side is keeping his AFL dream alive.

Gone to play with port in SANFL.

Disappointing.
More so if Port SANFL side plays him in a forward pocket....good luck to the kid, rather the kid play for Port in the SANFL then for Peel or WCER in the WAFL I guess.....considering Hagan was considered a monty for drafting, can't blame him for thinking training/playing at an AFL affiliated side is keeping his AFL dream alive.
Hey guys, just chiming in to ask if you can tell me about Jed Hagan, and where he should play.

I've seen him listed as a small utility. On our SANFL list we've lost Trent Burgoyne and Mac Nield (both forward flankers), so wondering if he'd just replace them?

Hagan I guess at the AFL level would play that small defender or small forward role, probably too small for the midfield. At the colts level he was a mid, but at the senior level for EF, he was a small forward.

You can't blame the kid for trying to keep that AFL flame flickering, one would hope Port have him in mind for a mid season selection, though I have a feeling both Geraldton boys Teakle and Hagan will both be back at EF in 2024.

Hagan I guess at the AFL level would play that small defender or small forward role, probably too small for the midfield. At the colts level he was a mid, but at the senior level for EF, he was a small forward.

You can't blame the kid for trying to keep that AFL flame flickering, one would hope Port have him in mind for a mid season selection, though I have a feeling both Geraldton boys Teakle and Hagan will both be back at EF in 2024.
Teakle played really well in his couple of games before injury, Port seem to rate him, can't see him being delisted next year

Talls generally get longer too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back