East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

4 points is 4 points I guess. Not the best of performances, EF looked very good in parts and slow in other parts. Baskerville, Murdock and Joyce all getting plenty of the footy. Dixon good in the first half and Marsh in the second half.

Well played German and Perth, kept EF honest throughout, a win is not too far away for them.

Hey Guys, you would probably know best- is Josh Browne good enough for AFL ?

Stats from Colts last year was Elite and getting plenty of the footy for the dismal WAFL West Coast.

Its a Shame Baskerville and Dragovich (south freo) never got a chance

Does Baskerville still have a chance? Would be nice to see another Winnacott Kats AFL player

Stats from Colts last year was Elite and getting plenty of the footy for the dismal WAFL West Coast.

Does Baskerville still have a chance? Would be nice to see another Winnacott Kats AFL player
I think they have all been looked at. Big step up from WAFL to AFL.

Browne may get rewarded for playing wafl for wc in the MSD.

Leggett back, Ball out, a few other possible ins on an extended bench, think EF best chance to win the 4 points v WP. Who are still missing a few key players and not playing at their best....but then again nor is EF.

Just wondering - is there an area where a few beers can be purchased at Shark Park/WACA?

Been trying to get my mates into WAFL, and thought I'd take them to a Sharks game this year - they'll likely want a tipple though!
There is a bar area west of the WACA grandstand. May be other areas also e.g. bottom of grandstand.

Marlin is ex Perth and WCER....he might surprise you andana, the fella is a decent size and a good player. Few 1st 22 injuries on that EF list now.....Boekhorst, Meade, Lester-Smith, Bailey, Tassone, HMarsh & Joyce plus Murphy, Simpson and Cripps as the fringe players out with injury.

Subi have looked good so far, Mayo is back and a talent. Should be a good contest. Big test for Reuben McGuire v Clarke, hopefully EF mids can be on their A game and get some decent delivery into EF forward line.

The colts haven't had a pure ruck since Jackson I don't think....a few undersized sorts in McMillan, Scott and Otto plus the odd tall forward cameo from Williams and Cripps.

The reserves have Blakiston who is 200cm plus and he played well v Subi's ruck duo in South and Eaton. EF reserves are on their bare bones in terms of height with Simpson and Cripps out.

League wise, losing Goddard and not getting Strnadica back has hurt, but Dixon and McGuire have filled in well as under sized rucks....though Clarke dominated on Sat.

Good win considering Subi were in good form coming into this game and EF not so. Good team effort and great to see Marlin and BMcGuire commence their EF careers with a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear JMarsh is out due to work commitments with Clontarf.....had a very quiet state game, so would of hoped he would of been keen to come out firing on all 4....not to be. Dixon needs to play as a forward, move McGuire back into the ruck...hopefully EF mids can replicate what they did v Clarke's dominance. Eastland should dominate the hitouts, though McGuire just as athletic around the ground.

Joyce and HMarsh(maybe) to come in, with JMarsh going out...23 to play due to the heat. Be interesting to see if Boekhorst is named in the reserves, as he is no longer on EF injury list.

Last I heard about Boekhurst was he was thinking about retiring.
Be a huge bonus to get him back
You could be right mate, just no Boekhorst on the injury list....has been a TBC all year until last week....so who knows.

JMarsh out due to work, also Lawler an out too.... Joyce is back, along with Holmes... good to see Marlin and BMcGuire keep their spots....hopefully the team can deliver and nab an important 4 points.

Last edited:
Any win v Cl is a good win. Nice spread of goalkickers, could of done with JMarsh up front.....but that can wait until the derby. Going to be tight at the selection table with J&H Marsh plus Lawler to come back in....who makes way?

East Fremantle’s 18-point victory over Claremont in Broome last weekend confirmed to Jupp that the side is tracking in the right direction.

“It was a valuable trip for our group, both on and off the field,” he said.

“The added time spent together to connect, gel, and enjoy each other company was a real bonus, and we were pleased with the way we performed.

“I think we’ve clearly added talent to our list, our big man stocks are strong, and we’ve added some depth in our inside brigade as well.

“I think we’re a different team to last year, and we’re continuing to find our connection, balance, and cohesiveness as a team.

Having recently captained WA for the first time and now in his third season as skipper at the Sharks, Jupp is loving his footy.

“One thing about your team this year is we’ve been even across the board, we don’t rely on any single player to win from week to week,” he said.

“Personally, I’m really enjoying leading this team and it’s one of the highlights of my career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back