East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 24, 2006
Nuku'alofa
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
N'awlins Saints, QPR
I have done a search on this forum and couldn't find anything, just wondering if there's anyone else here that's a player/supporter of the EGFL.
Lindenow have recruited well in the off season, but still if theres anyone over 6'4" looking for a game down this way they'd be more than welcome!

Lindenow Cat. Used to live nearby, parents live in Paynesville, have not had anything to do with any EG clubs but keep an eye on local footy east of melb.
Who is coaching Lindenow this year, think last year it was bloke from Maffra Gieschen? From the outside the same 4 sides have played off in finals for a number of years, any chance this changing this year. How are Paynesville travelling, have or are they likely to improve, believe their future was up in the air a couple of years ago.

You're right, it has been a bit of a monopoly on finals spots here, but I reckon that might change this year. Geisch has moved on and is coaching (I think) Boisdale this year, Ralph Malph Paul Anderson is coaching us. Very popular bloke, certainly knows his footy, I reckon we'll be in the finals for one change at least this year. Picked up some very handy players, just a pity the tallest one is about 6'.
Wy Yung are gone, no idea about Orbost they're just too far away. Dare I say if Doc is playing seniors for them again they surely can't be that good. As for Paynesville, they've been the media darlings of the pre season so far. Were pretty bad last year but going the right way by playing young blokes. Couple of write ups in the local rag, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the bloke who's taken the helm at the minute. Not sure if Langers is still playing, he was their best by a mile still last year. Very good people behind the scenes, it's only a matter of time til the onfield results catch up.
Bairnsdale the side to beat as always, when your budget is probably 10 to 1 v everyone else you should be ahead, and they've always stolen any good 3rds kids anyway.

Anderson has certanly been about the gippsland area a bit, yarram, morwell east, would have plenty of contacts, only heard good things about him, good luck for the year, hope the sides in finals do change, if you think of the paynesville coach name let us know.

You're right, it has been a bit of a monopoly on finals spots here, but I reckon that might change this year. Geisch has moved on and is coaching (I think) Boisdale this year, Ralph Malph Paul Anderson is coaching us. Very popular bloke, certainly knows his footy, I reckon we'll be in the finals for one change at least this year. Picked up some very handy players, just a pity the tallest one is about 6'.
Wy Yung are gone, no idea about Orbost they're just too far away. Dare I say if Doc is playing seniors for them again they surely can't be that good. As for Paynesville, they've been the media darlings of the pre season so far. Were pretty bad last year but going the right way by playing young blokes. Couple of write ups in the local rag, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the bloke who's taken the helm at the minute. Not sure if Langers is still playing, he was their best by a mile still last year. Very good people behind the scenes, it's only a matter of time til the onfield results catch up.
Bairnsdale the side to beat as always, when your budget is probably 10 to 1 v everyone else you should be ahead, and they've always stolen any good 3rds kids anyway.

Played at Bairnsdale with Langers. I cant believe he is still going as years ago he was coerced into playing and was always the prennenial "retirer" after every flag.
Who coaches Bairnsdale at present and is the dead ringer for Doctor Who Mel still involved?

I play down in the league for Lakes seniors, we've lost half our side including fulton, the allen brothers, dave mcKean, Levi Moss, Ewen McKenzie and Duncan, needless to say we need height

Lindenow - Paul Anderson
Lucknow - Glenn 'The Oracle' Trinder
Bairnsdale - Gags Bromage
Wy Yung - Doug Vickers
Paynesville -
Lakes Entrance -
Orbost -

I looked up the results of GF and photos and saw Adrian Bromage as playing coach. Would still be a top liner in EGFL wouldnt he?
Also see Paynesville look like they have recruited plenty. Any quality in the quantity?

www.egfl.vcfl.com.au is a good resource for all things East Gippsland.

Unfortunately the competition is very predictable with the larger centres like Bairnsdale being a dominant force year after year. Realistically Bairnsdale should be back in the Gippsland Latrobe league but it seems like they want to be the big fish in the small pond.

Doug Vickers at Wy Yung? Is that the ex- Richmond stalwart and football manager? Good guy if it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appartentley Orbost have lost 14 players from last year were they have gone no idea but that has to be hard to cover, Kade Strickland returns back to the club who is ruckman coached at Merimbula for a year

murray webb is the lakes coach, Gags isnt a top liner anymore, good skills although little mobility

recruited Luke Taylor as Assistant coach this year from Merimbula Marlins but orginally from Corowa Rutherglen in the O & M. Only young still and very fit onballer who gets plenty of it

recruited Luke Taylor as Assistant coach this year from Merimbula Marlins but orginally from Corowa Rutherglen in the O & M. Only young still and very fit onballer who gets plenty of it

Yeh bruiser is pretty good, keeps running and hard at the pill

so who is coaching orbost??? looks like the league isnt really going anywhere, seems even harder these days to attract players to the area and then hold onto them. is that mark langley still running around ??

so who is coaching orbost??? looks like the league isnt really going anywhere, seems even harder these days to attract players to the area and then hold onto them. is that mark langley still running around ??

2007 Coaches:
Daniel Waters (Orbost coach)
Adrian Bromagen (Bainsdale Coach)
Murray Webb (Lakes Entrance Coach)
Paul Anderson (Lindenow Coach)
Glenn Trinder (Lucknow Coach)
Matt Coad (Paynesville Coach)
Doug Vickers (Wyung Coach)

Spoke to one of the assistant coaches at Paynsville who said they have plenty of numbers but are having trouble getting them out on the track.
Bit dissapointing as they should be starting to step up this year.

Spoke to one of the assistant coaches at Paynsville who said they have plenty of numbers but are having trouble getting them out on the track.
Bit dissapointing as they should be starting to step up this year.

hey i dont no what has happened in the past but there 2's won over Lucknow so maybe those numbers that they have go alright. Lindenow were fantastic against Lakes on the weekend and really think they are going to be a strong team this year

Lakes were very disappointing on the weekend, don't know how many they had out but our 10 goal win should have been a lot more but for bad kicking. Still got a couple to come back in, Wheel went off with a quad, Disco, Shaggy and the coach. New players to the club Nash, Dyer & Davies all looking the goods, Blando stepping up in the ruck and kids from the thirds coming in and having an impact straight away is all good. Not sure where we stand really, as the local rag had tipped Paynesville & Lakes as the bottom 2. I suppose all you can do is win, and we've done that pretty impressively so far.

Lakes were very disappointing on the weekend, don't know how many they had out but our 10 goal win should have been a lot more but for bad kicking. Still got a couple to come back in, Wheel went off with a quad, Disco, Shaggy and the coach. New players to the club Nash, Dyer & Davies all looking the goods, Blando stepping up in the ruck and kids from the thirds coming in and having an impact straight away is all good. Not sure where we stand really, as the local rag had tipped Paynesville & Lakes as the bottom 2. I suppose all you can do is win, and we've done that pretty impressively so far.

yeh we were pretty disapointed with the result at Lakes alot new players to the club this year and very young side which will be hard but no excuses Lindenow were great and i think will be a very good side this year as for our guys got Lucknow next week will really test were we are at as we have got that first game out of the way

How Chris Blandford holding up in the ruck Lindenow Cat? Is the team lacking height around the ground this year? How is big Aaron Love shaping up in the two's? Any chance of a seniors call up if he worked harder on the track?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back