Official Team Thread East Side Hawks Season 26 Team Thread - Congratulations The Half Back, Biggie-est Cup Winner!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy birthday porps, big party for the big 30?
Thanks ND!! Just a gathering at my place with close friends and family, didn't want to make a HUGE deal as I hate being centre of attention lol.

Thanks ND!! Just a gathering at my place with close friends and family, didn't want to make a HUGE deal as I hate being centre of attention lol.
Wow, thanks for the invite. You’re off the Christmas card list.

You deserve to have a big gathering. 29 years of The Jesus stealing your birthday thunder. * that guy! Go hard! Happy birthday for tomorrow.

You deserve to have a big gathering. 29 years of The Jesus stealing your birthday thunder. **** that guy! Go hard! Happy birthday for tomorrow.
Bahaha. Even funnier is my mum's birthday is the day after mine!! Lol... We are used to the craziness, just means double the gifts ;)
Cheers mate!!

The Mr Eagle Trophy
Awarded by the captain to the player who has proved to be the best clubman across season 26.

The East Side Hawks have had two captains this season, and with this award I hope to honour someone who has been significant to both Loonerty and I.

This person's reputation is massive so if I talk about any of his many great achievements you'll know exactly who it is. He's responsible for bringing the majority of you to the club, and his contribution this season should not be understated; he's not only been exceedingly helpful as a go to person during the captaincy transition period, he's also somewhat responsible for keeping me a Hawk.

I'd like to present the Season 26 Mr Eagle trophy to:

The Filth Wizard

tenor.gif

An absolute honour.

I talk a lot (ok, this season I have) about my many achievements but in honesty one of my greatest is being able to build a list here, over many seasons, that is one of the best this league has ever seen. When I first came over it was part of a group with a view to lifting up a club struggling but once I saw it as my only view to make the Hawks great I was stoked to see it become something greater than it had ever been - big name players coming in and seeing the dormant big name players already here get a new lease. Of course, we’ve seen some incredible new players come in too... EJW won an EKA, porps and Jesus have become club institutions... and Agent93, not my inductee admittedly but new blood that has embraced this club and risen through the ranks to be one of the best captains the Hawks has ever seen.

Why am I rambling? Because the sad crux of it is (for now) this awards ceremony represents my last as an East Side Hawk. There are bigger challenges on the horizon, both in RL and the world of Qooty so next season I will be taking on a new challenge with another club in the hope I can influence it in the same way I have this one.

I adore all of you but you are in the best hands now. Like the song says... “you made me love you (I didn’t want to do it)”. No good luck needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to The Half Back and Agent93 for being our co-captains for the season (even though there is more of you). Let's hope for some more fun and get drunk (actually I won't, I just want a couple of mocktails for me)
948085333748307d7333fdbf5bcbd0fb87af7455_hq.gif

Congrats to The Half Back and Agent93 for being our co-captains for the season (even though there is more of you). Let's hope for some more fun and get drunk (actually I won't, I just want a couple of mocktails for me)
948085333748307d7333fdbf5bcbd0fb87af7455_hq.gif

What's a mocktail?

Go get in a fight at social basketball.

I stopped going after someone got ejected from a game and went and got their gun. o_O

Congrats to everyone, you're all winners in my eyes, but more accurately those who won something are the real winners.
platitude
/ˈplatɪtjuːd/
noun
plural noun: platitudes
  1. a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back