Official Team Thread East Side Hawks Season 26 Team Thread - Congratulations The Half Back, Biggie-est Cup Winner!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, The Half Back, we can tag Sterge a lot and no-one will bitch about it it pre-emptively.
giphy.gif

Papa Juggs, HawkAussie, help me out here guys. Something you posted in the last match thread; what is a "waifu"?

A waifu is a term for your attractive fictional girl from manga, video game or anime and is considered to be superior. For me it is Homura from Madoka.
latest

I think I'm enjoying my new position... 25 disposals, 8 tackles, 1 goal, 100 DT points... :D

#larrikinaward

5. Agent93
4. The Jesus
3. spookism
2. The Half Back
1. boncer34

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11 :: East Side Hawks 20.11.131 defeated Fighting Furies 19.14.128

upload_2018-10-8_9-37-21.png

Conditions for this match
CLOUDY

tumblr_o27c7fByaO1tchrkco1_500.gif

Hawks Notes

• Gollywatch! Something has happened, Golumless has snared 2 goals putting him within 1 of the elusive 200 goal milestone.
  • We have not lost since HawkAussie has returned to the club, and in that time he has 7 goals.
  • We also have not lost on a milstone game this season. Next one up is The Filth Wizard's 200th, though that is few weeks off.
  • The Half Back now leads the league in marks (69, nice).

mwDgyO.gif

Player Reviews
Milera2Betts (C+) :: Went to fullforward, scored goals. Solid.
Loonerty (C+) :: Did the defender thing and stopped goals. Also solid.
NinjaSwan (C-) :: Had more fibre in his diet. Less solid.
The Half Back (A+) :: Swallowed everything. May have future digestive problems.
jackenny (B) :: The handball is back!
larrikin (B+) :: Used effectively off half-back with 18 touches.
boncer34 (A-) :: Would have reason to swagger if those two misses were goals.
spookism (B-) :: Also had a case of the midfield misses.
The Filth Wizard (B-) :: Quiet by his standards.
Red mist (B-) :: Slotted 3 in his 100th. Celebrated early.
Biggie (B-) :: Not his biggest game, but contributed.
Golumless (B+) :: Had a bit of everything, effective in his foward shift.
Papa Juggs (C) :: Banged 3 from the pocket, 2 from frees.
Noobz0r (C+) :: Had 2 goals early, had a stint as a tall mid which was less successful.
HawkAussie (C) :: 3 more reasons to celebrate the come back.
The Jesus (C+) :: Looks out of touch. Could be due a spell.
Agent93 (B-) :: Switched to an outside role, kicking to the goalscorers was sublime.
por_please_ya (A-) :: 25 touches and 8 tackles for the new queen of the cuddles.
Karnezis_13 (D) :: Karny is as Karny does, subbed on, and also off.
go you pups (D) :: 1 mark and 2 handballs, but gee weren't they important?!

Eagling, Drunkgoliath, Back One Out, vanders, GutsyBug (A) :: Impressive cheering routines.

giphy.gif

This Week
Round 12 - 14 October 2018
East Side Hawks vs Roys FFC at Waverley Park

Looks to be an 8 point game, hopefully we can solidify our spot in the 8.

upload_2018-10-8_9-45-55.png

#OGSKWAH

Apologies for the intrusion Hawks. I haven't come here to cause trouble today.

I have come here today to unreservedly apologise to the Hawks for my comments I made in the OP of the Round 7 match between the Hawks and Bombers. I have to be completely candid when I say that when I made those comments, I actually hoped that things would play out a lot different compared to what they did. I obviously never expected you to agree with my comments; more, I was hoping that it would challenge you to prove me wrong. The comments I made were my own personal opinion based on my feelings about our match thread the previous week. Whatever my feelings, they should never have been expressed in that OP and I take full responsibility for them.

I don't want there to be angst or beef between the Hawks and Swamprats and it's clear to me that I've played a part in creating that, without meaning to. I've always wanted to see a healthy rivalry with banter mixed with good humour but it's become clear to me that I've played a part in creating toxicity. That was never my intention and again, I accept full responsibility for that.

I wish you guys all the best and am sincerely looking forward to coming up against you guys in Round 17. I know some of you don't feel that way about me and that's fine, I respect your right to hold that view.

Again, I'm truly sorry for everything that's occurred over the last few weeks.

sportsmaniac89

Apologies for the intrusion Hawks. I haven't come here to cause trouble today.

I have come here today to unreservedly apologise to the Hawks for my comments I made in the OP of the Round 7 match between the Hawks and Bombers. I have to be completely candid when I say that when I made those comments, I actually hoped that things would play out a lot different compared to what they did. I obviously never expected you to agree with my comments; more, I was hoping that it would challenge you to prove me wrong. The comments I made were my own personal opinion based on my feelings about our match thread the previous week. Whatever my feelings, they should never have been expressed in that OP and I take full responsibility for them.

I don't want there to be angst or beef between the Hawks and Swamprats and it's clear to me that I've played a part in creating that, without meaning to. I've always wanted to see a healthy rivalry with banter mixed with good humour but it's become clear to me that I've played a part in creating toxicity. That was never my intention and again, I accept full responsibility for that.

I wish you guys all the best and am sincerely looking forward to coming up against you guys in Round 17. I know some of you don't feel that way about me and that's fine, I respect your right to hold that view.

Again, I'm truly sorry for everything that's occurred over the last few weeks.

sportsmaniac89

Ahem, you said you were bringing pizza.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back