Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Eagle Trophy

The best clubman award is named after former captain and near 300-gamer Mr Eagle, and is presented by the current captain. In the past it has been won by a variety of folks who have contributed in their own big or small ways, from current Royals leader The Filth Wizard, via the tidy contributor that is Milera2Betts, to more recently the dearly departed NaturalDisaster who we traded for a league legend.

This season I take time out to acknowledge someone who probably has deserved a lot more kudos for his involvement with the club and the league this season. If we look back to season 28 you probably saw a disinterested veteran, who you might have assumed was gradually losing interest and on his way out of the league. In the off-season he made several statements that he was going to post more, and I took that with a grain of salt. I'd seen the promises of a pre-season fade away quickly a few times before.

Not this time. Despite a low output in round one (due to a scheduled bout of real world AFKness), Golumless fulfilled his promise of raising his involvement. He grabbed the less glamourous qooty role of centre half forward and played it with aplomb. Not only that the sim seemed to want to reward him with one of the better CHF seasons I've seen in my time in the league. Unfortunately the All SFA selection committee rates 40 odd goals from the 4th best full forward as a fantastic achievement and wouldn't give Golly a look in several discussions.

The other thing for me has been his well timed dissent, and biting wit. Loonerty completed the tally for the larrikin award so I'm not certain of this, but I'm pretty sure I gave Golly a large sum of votes in our club's award for the best poster.

So it is without further ado I recognise the unrecognised this season, and present Golumless with the season 29 Mr Eagle Trophy as this season's best clubperson.

Congratulations!

View attachment 905054
Is this the Hawks consolation prize?

Is this the Hawks consolation prize?
No that comes later. This one is to acknowledge contributions to the club over the season that otherwise may go un-noticed, or un-thanked. It's an expression of gratitude to my clubpersons.

The larrikin award

Here it is, the froth on the cold one. It's interesting to look back at how this came to be, because for the first four rounds of season 29 our winner posted a grand total of 3 times in match threads (all in round 4). I remember thinking at the time we might have had another rookie washout on our hands, and a fellow club captain has admitted to circling like a vulture to see if he might kickstart the career elsewhere.

Then round 5 came. I don't know what happened but the first match against the Bombers in rivalry round got the juices flowing and they didn't stop. From round 5 to the end of the season TY24 averaged a flat 50 posts in match threads, and provided some of the better fun, wit, and trolling the team has seen this season. You voted him:

1st place for season 29, and winner of the larrikin award:
TY24

View attachment 905030

View attachment 905032

Would you all please be upstanding and skull your beers*! Congratulations TY!

View attachment 905033

* Yes, I'm aware of the general poor form in skulling a bevo before noon.

Congratualations TY24 ! Nothing but goals :)

Mr Eagle Trophy

The best clubman award is named after former captain and near 300-gamer Mr Eagle, and is presented by the current captain. In the past it has been won by a variety of folks who have contributed in their own big or small ways, from current Royals leader The Filth Wizard, via the tidy contributor that is Milera2Betts, to more recently the dearly departed NaturalDisaster who we traded for a league legend.

This season I take time out to acknowledge someone who probably has deserved a lot more kudos for his involvement with the club and the league this season. If we look back to season 28 you probably saw a disinterested veteran, who you might have assumed was gradually losing interest and on his way out of the league. In the off-season he made several statements that he was going to post more, and I took that with a grain of salt. I'd seen the promises of a pre-season fade away quickly a few times before.

Not this time. Despite a low output in round one (due to a scheduled bout of real world AFKness), Golumless fulfilled his promise of raising his involvement. He grabbed the less glamourous qooty role of centre half forward and played it with aplomb. Not only that the sim seemed to want to reward him with one of the better CHF seasons I've seen in my time in the league. Unfortunately the All SFA selection committee rates 40 odd goals from the 4th best full forward as a fantastic achievement and wouldn't give Golly a look in several discussions.

The other thing for me has been his well timed dissent, and biting wit. Loonerty completed the tally for the larrikin award so I'm not certain of this, but I'm pretty sure I gave Golly a large sum of votes in our club's award for the best poster.

So it is without further ado I recognise the unrecognised this season, and present Golumless with the season 29 Mr Eagle Trophy as this season's best clubperson.

Congratulations!

View attachment 905054

Oh this is going straight on my resume.

Congrats TY24.

Who was it that called you the worst poster in the sfa again?

Thanks man, I believe it was Tony Lynn 15 after I had made a rather abohrent joke in my first round of proper posting

glug glug glug. Wel done TY24
Well deserved. Congratulations TY24
KNEW it would be you mate!! Congratulations :D
Thanks gang! Shocked and humbled is an understatement. OGSKWAH!

Mr Eagle Trophy

Congratulations!

View attachment 905054
Congrats brother!

Fotb Finals Week 1
Round 18 (FW1).png

East Side Hawks 12.4 (76) lost to Dragons FFC 22.8 (140)

Recap by Chipmunk:

As so here we were again. The Hawks were perennial third week finals losers, and would this happen again? At least there was hope and some form, with 3 wins in a row and beating the day’s opponents, the Dragons, just the week before. The form came from great attacking play, rather than any defensive fortitude.

Agent93 shuffled the pack as part of Red mist's 150th SFA game celebrations. There were 6 changes, including moving Loonerty into the guts.

There was a lot of excitement before the game. Could S29 be the season where it all came together and the great Hawks could get some momentum into a season which would go into history as the best of all time?

No.

The Dragons went 30 points up in the first quarter. There was a fightback to within 3 goals at the main break, however the Eyrie crowd were shocked to see 11 goals go past them in the third quarter and the lead at 59 points. The game was lost and the final result inconsequential (it was a 64 point loss).

Drunkgoliath was simply outstanding for the Hawks with 13 tackles, and go you pups had 32 disposals. TY24 confirmed his status as a breakout star with 5 goals and will be the Hawk’s future FF for seasons to come.

Agent93 seemed to have an uncharacteristically poor game. What went wrong? To find the answer, we must look at the end of match thread.
  • In what became a bit of a clinic, AceAndy gave Agent93 a bath. - 97m from 1 to 98.
We have asked the SFA what happened usually at this clinic and if this was an SFA-approved bath. Or whether there was something more malicious going on. We were told to **** off. We will never know. What we will know is that we will go again in S30 for that elusive quest for our 2nd flag.

Great job to the entire squad for a fantastic season. Everyone has been amazing.

Top 5 Rated Players

Biggie-est Round 18 (FW1).PNG

Editors Note: Nope, I was right the first time: the Dragons are our new bogey team.

Last edited:
The larrikin award

Here it is, the froth on the cold one. It's interesting to look back at how this came to be, because for the first four rounds of season 29 our winner posted a grand total of 3 times in match threads (all in round 4). I remember thinking at the time we might have had another rookie washout on our hands, and a fellow club captain has admitted to circling like a vulture to see if he might kickstart the career elsewhere.

Then round 5 came. I don't know what happened but the first match against the Bombers in rivalry round got the juices flowing and they didn't stop. From round 5 to the end of the season TY24 averaged a flat 50 posts in match threads, and provided some of the better fun, wit, and trolling the team has seen this season. You voted him:

1st place for season 29, and winner of the larrikin award:
TY24

View attachment 905030

View attachment 905032

Would you all please be upstanding and skull your beers*! Congratulations TY!

View attachment 905033

* Yes, I'm aware of the general poor form in skulling a bevo before noon.
*sigh*

Looks like the degree of difficulty in recruiting TY24 just increased a little.

Congratulations TY24. Great to see you getting involved on the board and with the fake Eagles.

View attachment 905059

Recap by Chipmunk:

As so here we were again. The Hawks were perennial first week finals losers, and would this happen again? At least there was hope and some form, with 3 wins in a row and beating the day’s opponents, the Dragons, just the week before. The form came from great attacking play, rather than any defensive fortitude.

Agent93 shuffled the pack as part of @Red mist’s 150th SFA game celebrations. There were 6 changes, including moving Loonerty into the guts.

There was a lot of excitement before the game. Could S29 be the season where it all came together and the great Hawks could get some momentum into a season which would go into history as the best of all time?

No.

The Dragons went 30 points up in the first quarter. There was a fightback to within 3 goals at the main break, however the Eyrie crowd were shocked to see 11 goals go past them in the third quarter and the lead at 59 points. The game was lost and the final result inconsequential (it was a 64 point loss).

Drunkgoliath was simply outstanding for the Hawks with 13 tackles, and go you pups had 32 disposals. TY24 confirmed his status as a breakout star with 5 goals and will be the Hawk’s future FF for seasons to come.

Agent93 seemed to have an uncharacteristically poor game. What went wrong? To find the answer, we must look at the end of match thread.
  • In what became a bit of a clinic, AceAndy gave Agent93 a bath. - 97m from 1 to 98.
We have asked the SFA what happened usually at this clinic and if this was an SFA-approved bath. Or whether there was something more malicious going on. We were told to **** off. We will never know. What we will know is that we will go again in S30 for that elusive quest for our 2nd flag.

Great job to the entire squad for a fantastic season. Everyone has been amazing.

Top 5 Rated Players

View attachment 905060

Editors Note: Nope, I was right the first time: the Dragons are our new bogey team.
Brilliant game. I rated it 5 stars. :)

Biggie-est 5th Place
The Biggie-est cup

And now for the climax of the evening, the presentation of the Biggie-est cup.

Round by round you’ve seen the leaders for each game and we’ve had leaderboard updates and dance breaks after rounds which are multiples of five. Well, there's no more multiples left, because we didn't reach the god damned grand final again.

So let's reveal our top 5 best players in the season 29 match simulations!

In 5th place
The club vice-captain and season 28 winner:

Loonerty.gif
Loonerty

Biggie-est 5th.PNG

In a wonky season Loonerty didn't have the top rating in any round, but placed top five in rounds 4, 5, 8, 9, 13, and 16.​

View attachment 905059

Recap by Chipmunk:

As so here we were again. The Hawks were perennial first week finals losers, and would this happen again? At least there was hope and some form, with 3 wins in a row and beating the day’s opponents, the Dragons, just the week before. The form came from great attacking play, rather than any defensive fortitude.

Agent93 shuffled the pack as part of @Red mist’s 150th SFA game celebrations. There were 6 changes, including moving Loonerty into the guts.

No.

Top 5 Rated Players

1593743324446.png

BRAB would be rolling in his grave with that kind of injustice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggie-est 4th Place
In 4th place
Who found a home in defence in Season 29:

Snake_Baker.png
Snake_Baker

Biggie-est 4th.PNG

Snake_Baker achieved top ratings in rounds 4, 9, and 14, and placed top five in rounds 2 and 3.​

Biggie-est 3rd Place
In 3rd place
The name-sake of the award who, for the second season in a row, records his highest finishing place:

Biggie.png
Biggie

Biggie-est 3rd.PNG

Biggie achieved top ratings in rounds 1 and 7, and placed top five in rounds 5, 6, 12, 14, and Finals Week 1.

*sigh*

Looks like the degree of difficulty in recruiting TY24 just increased a little.

Congratulations TY24. Great to see you getting involved on the board and with the fake Eagles.
I take it you were this rival captain?

thanks man, your interest is flattering and appreciated

Biggie-est 2nd Place
In 2nd place
The moral winner, and the best CHF in the league:

Golumless.png
Golumless

Biggie-est 2nd.PNG

Golumless achieved top rating in Finals Week 1, and placed top five in rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, and 17.

This is the consolation prize serial_thrilla

Biggie-est 1st place
And the winner of the Biggie-est cup

Biggie-est Cup.png

In 1st place

I promise I haven't fully Ant Beared this.

Agent93.jpg
Agent93

Biggie-est 1st.PNG

Agent93 achieve top ratings in round 11 (in the mud), and placed top 5 in rounds 1, 3, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, and Finals Week 1.

Thank you to everyone from the East Side Hawks who helped me achieve this stellar season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back