Official Team Thread East Side Hawks :: Season 30 :: The Festival of the Biggie! Headliner: The Jesus!

Remove this Banner Ad

pssst... one of the trivia answers is on the first page of the team thread...

Ive had enough of finding hidden answers in threads mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, this is getting crazy!!!!

It‘s okay, 50% wins from here and we might still make finals with a 6-10 record. Keep the faith, it’s our 25th season!

It‘s okay, 50% wins from here and we might still make finals with a 6-10 record. Keep the faith, it’s our 25th season!

Absolutely, it's never a write off!!! I need to stop being so busy so that I can bump up my posts and get myself back to FF and win that premiership again.

Absolutely, it's never a write off!!! I need to stop being so busy so that I can bump up my posts and get myself back to FF and win that premiership again.

Watch out TY24 , IMS is gunning for your spot! It’s the Gumbies this week, should be a good thread as they’re also 1-5 😂

Round 5 and 6
ESH Media Header.png

Rd5: East Side Hawks 11.7 (73) lost to Mount Buller Demons 13.7 (85)

Blah blah Demons beat us. Two goals. Blah. Oh that's right: we had a comeback sim. Finally! The team that got out to the big first half lead didn't win. Yeah, also, that team was us. However this happened, and it was beautiful:

2 : 15.53 {lHBF} - por_please_ya signals for her teammates to present.
2 : 16 {C} - Loonerty presents.

Big contributors despite the loss were Red mist with another super-sub performance of 25 possessions and 6 marks, whilst The Jesus kept on trucking with another 23 touches and a goal.

Rd6: East Side Hawks 14.12 (96) lost to Las Vegas Bears 19.10 (124)

Heading into the Fathers' day round on a 3 game losing streak wasn't ideal. Neither was tony punting Chipmunk over a fence. The match started nice and evenly as most matches do given neither team has yet scored, however this eveness persisted until 10 minutes of the first period as @Metacrusher scored his second of what would become five of his team's seven goals for the quarter.

Sadly, Shermy couldn't hold on and we carried a 24 point deficit into the second, where the Bears piled on another 3 goals before local talisman 11kgm nabbed one back after kane249 shanked a free kick. This was enough to spur fellow team-leading goalscorer TY24 into action as he piled on a goal and a behind to reduce the margin to... 29. Which was further reduced to 28 at half-time, so that's good, right?

The third opened solidly for girls named Kylie as the eponymous crushed another 2 goals in the first 5 minutes and soon after The Jesus was cleaned up by tony after dropping a sitter in a paddock of space. Later in the quarter that very same Jesus would make a statement with a massive kick. As with most commentary the reader was left dumbfounded as to what that statement was given the margin at the time. Perhaps it was commentary on the censorship by omission continually employed by commerical media outlets? We'll never know.

At some point the fourth quarter was played and we ******* lost by 28, which means the entire second half was in vain and we should have packed up early in order to catch the start of the Block or some other televised sleep-torture masquerading as reality TV. Loonerty slutted it up in the guts with 22 touches and 9 marks, whilst PMBangers lead the team in disposals with 25. Golumless was again held goalless further compounding the travesty that was his non-selection in the S29 All SFA team in what was apparently his only good on-field season ever.

1599724473653.png

Hawks Notes
  • I would say this is the worst start to a season by the East Side Hawks under my captaincy, and I'd be right.
  • In fact it's equal to the all time worst record after the first six games of a season in club history, attained earlier in seasons 7 and 14.
  • Despite our woeful luck with sim-weather (second worst so far), Round 6 was played in Warm conditions.
  • The loss against the Bears was Biggie's 150th in his career and por_please_ya's 50th.
  • Remember when por_please_ya's win / loss percentage was exactly 50? It's now 47.9%.

Hawks Trivia
The dual answers for the Round 3/4 question were Kegs44 sitting in second all time, with larrikin needing 47 hit-outs to take his career total to 2000.

This update's question comes courtesy of my shitty captaincy record: which game did I first captain the club? Bonus: who was best on ground in that game?

1599724549059.png

This Week
Round 7 - Sun Sept 13th, 2020

East Side Hawks vs Gumbies FFC @ The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back