Official Team Thread East Side Hawks :: Season 30 :: The Festival of the Biggie! Headliner: The Jesus!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13
ESH Media Header.png

Rd13: East Side Hawks 18.12 (120) defeated Baghdad Bombers 13.14 (90)

A restrospective from Round 2: We know what to expect from the Bombers posting-wise; a high quantity, variable quality thread. It's fair to say that was achieved again, despite the subtraction of Wayneo and subsequent elevation of Antonio BlueVein to captain in between the two games.

Although the scoreline was eerily similar, the pre-match posting more resembled a YouTube recommendations feed rather than the poorly-punctuated nonsense of recent encounters. PMBangers has continued to win hearts and minds, which is a testament to the young SFA rookie, and on the Bombers side Kilroy has seemingly taken the match-thread reins with aplomb.

Qooty wise the match was seemingly over in the first quarter where we rained down six goals to the Bombers' zero, newly minted full-forward Itsmyshow contributing half of those. However this was not the end and though the Bombers' tried hard to come back when the scoring shots were finally even early in the second quarter, inaccuracy had cost them with the scoreline reading 1.9 to 6.4.

Itsmyshow was the standout and finished the match with 8 goals and 2 behinds, and SM lead all possession-getters with 29 to go with 8 marks. Golumless was also a big contributor with 19 touches, 4 marks and 2 goals.

1603695149235.png

Hawks Notes
  • As mentioned in previous posts, the race for the YOTC plate is tight with seven goals separating the top four of PMBangers, 11kgm, Itsmyshow, and TY24.
  • The Jesus completely out-rucked his opponent with nearly double the hit-outs.
  • Snake_Baker notched his 500th career disposal with a kick in the second half.
  • I'm not going to drop names, but the race for the Biggie-est cup is tight with less than an average game between first and seventh.
  • OK, I'll drop one name: NinjaSwan is the most average Hawk in S30, with a season long player rating average that is 0.01 away from the average game by a Hawk.
  • As mentioned last update, if the previous three quarters of the season are anything to go by we are due for 3 straight losses to end S30. Good times people.

UltimateImmaculateAztecant-max-1mb.gif

Hawks Trivia

The round 9 - 12 answer was pretty simple and eth-dog was in first with Biggie, larrikin, and Itsmyshow being the current Hawks who are league all-time top 10 in DreamTeam.

The Hawks currently sit 10th on the SFA ladder. Celebrating the failure that is S30, the round 13 review asks you when was the last time the Hawks finished the season 10th on the SFA ladder?

View attachment 995730

Rd13: East Side Hawks 18.12 (120) defeated Baghdad Bombers 13.14 (90)

A restrospective from Round 2: We know what to expect from the Bombers posting-wise; a high quantity, variable quality thread. It's fair to say that was achieved again, despite the subtraction of Wayneo and subsequent elevation of Antonio BlueVein to captain in between the two games.

Although the scoreline was eerily similar, the pre-match posting more resembled a YouTube recommendations feed rather than the poorly-punctuated nonsense of recent encounters. PMBangers has continued to win hearts and minds, which is a testament to the young SFA rookie, and on the Bombers side Kilroy has seemingly taken the match-thread reins with aplomb.

Qooty wise the match was seemingly over in the first quarter where we rained down six goals to the Bombers' zero, newly minted full-forward Itsmyshow contributing half of those. However this was not the end and though the Bombers' tried hard to come back when the scoring shots were finally even early in the second quarter, inaccuracy had cost them with the scoreline reading 1.9 to 6.4.

Itsmyshow was the standout and finished the match with 8 goals and 2 behinds, and SM lead all possession-getters with 29 to go with 8 marks. Golumless was also a big contributor with 19 touches, 4 marks and 2 goals.

View attachment 995749

Hawks Notes
  • As mentioned in previous posts, the race for the YOTC plate is tight with seven goals separating the top four of PMBangers, 11kgm, Itsmyshow, and TY24.
  • The Jesus completely out-rucked his opponent with nearly double the hit-outs.
  • Snake_Baker notched his 500th career disposal with a kick in the second half.
  • I'm not going to drop names, but the race for the Biggie-est cup is tight with less than an average game between first and seventh.
  • OK, I'll drop one name: NinjaSwan is the most average Hawk in S30, with a season long player rating average that is 0.01 away from the average game by a Hawk.
  • As mentioned last update, if the previous three quarters of the season are anything to go by we are due for 3 straight losses to end S30. Good times people.

UltimateImmaculateAztecant-max-1mb.gif

Hawks Trivia

The round 9 - 12 answer was pretty simple and eth-dog was in first with Biggie, larrikin, and Itsmyshow being the current Hawks who are league all-time top 10 in DreamTeam.

The Hawks currently sit 10th on the SFA ladder. Celebrating the failure that is S30, the round 13 review asks you when was the last time the Hawks finished the season 10th on the SFA ladder?

Got to sit on the bench for a nice day off. You're welcome.

TY24 50th
ESH Media Header.png

It's TYme for a milestone bitches:

TY24

TY24.gif

1603758715099.png

W: 23 - D: 0 - L: 26

TY24 said:
Yeah right sounds like a laugh, I’ll have a look over everything when I get home a bit later but I’m pretty keen for it

That's how it started. TY24 rocked up at the start of Season 28 starry-eyed and looking to become the SFA version of some guy called Jack Darling. Clearly he was a bit rough around the edges, and having a strange affinity for Mitch Marsh, I knew he was a live one when I pulled him from the Eagle board to join in this insanely nerdy forum.

View attachment 717912

Rolling into this season ready to crack some skulls and make some kids cry

His first season was like a lot of rookies in the league: he didn't really get it, and went inactive midway through the season. He averages 1.9 posts per week in those days, and myself and the LG of the time thought we had another early delist candidate on our hands. In S28 he won The Filth Medal practically by default. We didn't really have the rookie stock at the time, and that included TY. Then something clicked amidst the turmoil of early season 29 TY rocked up in Rd 5 and just got stuck in, having posted a total of 7 times in his previous 14 match threads.

From there on the corner was turnedL he'd run with a 50 post average for the remainder of the season. He'd take the full-forward job from the recently traded NaturalDisaster and win the YOTC plate by a small margin. His posting was at times trite, biting, and often hilarious as it tickled the players' fancy as he racked up votes on the way to winning the larrikin award.

At so we arrive at Rd14 in Season 30. The season is basically a wash. The goalkicking prowess from S29 has been replaced by a wayward radar and a sudden affinity for handballing. The SFA can be a weird and ever changing place, and TY24 has fit in beautifully within that environment.

To TY24: congratulations on your imminent 50th game!

1603760035916.png

#fifTY

Last edited:
FyRR5wb.png

It's the rivalry that divides us.

Are you light theme or dark theme?

This week, we will be playing an exhibition match at SFA Park between two representative sides, Light and Dark, as we look to decide the debate once and for all, with 'The Decider' on Fri Oct 30th.

Your fellow Hawks teammates Agent93, Chipmunk, por_please_ya, PMBangers and Loonerty are already on board and will be going toe to toe on Friday.

As part of the build up to 'The Decider', we are raising funds in support of Beyond Blue, as we look to support them in assisting our communities as people all across the country battle the challenges that have come with 2020 in what has been a harrowing year for many among us.

The Sweet FA always pulls together as a community for a great cause, so please feel free to pop in to the thread, pick your side and make it known, and if you are able to, get to pledging below. Let's take the opportunity to raise what we can for what is an important cause and we get to have a bit of fun along the way.

Cheers

- TiF

Please feel free to give HERE

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I can't remember getting to 50. Might have been season 10? I dunno.
You started at the beginning of S07 right? By my count S07 and S08 were at least 22 game seasons, so your 50th would have been somewhere between the S08 finals, and Rd6 in S09.

You started at the beginning of S07 right? By my count S07 and S08 were at least 22 game seasons, so your 50th would have been somewhere between the S08 finals, and Rd6 in S09.
Not sure I even played season 9. I had about 35-ish games at the Dragons across seasons 7 and 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back